Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 hours ago, MommaJay said:

I'm worried too. I've been working out (heavy lifting with a trainer) since 2018, so I'm hoping the muscle will help. I'm also going to take collegan and use a toning lotion because "what can it hurt". My stats are 5'6" and 225lbs with a sleeve date of 11/30.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

Best of luck to you !

Thanks for your reply I am 41 years old.
Nice to meet you. I too am in the 41 year old club. All I can say to you is that you know ur body better than anyone. It is extremely hard without this surgery to keep off excess weight. Plus you don't want to get to a point where you start developing other obese relate issues like sleep apnea. U look amazing. But, getting the sleeve could possibly put u around 160-170 pounds. U would feel amazing and that fatty liver wouldnt be fatty any longer.

Sent from my SM-G781U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 11/17/2020 at 10:56 AM, chunkymonkey123 said:

Wow we have the same stats I am also 5'6 and weigh 241 currently . I've lost 10 lbs since starting my pre-op program.

hey hey! Sorry I missed you! I don't get on the computer often to check this site and for some reason I do not get notifications on my app of people responding to me. I am officially 175.8 lbs today and it is day 168 since surgery:) I see you still have not had surgery yet. I just wanted to encourage you. The fears of loose skin, complications, failing to reach goal, and wondering if bariatric is best for you are all very common emotions and concerns preop. There are truly no words though to explain how amazing this journey of self love is! I am not only losing physical weight at an incredible pace but I swear I am being healed from emotional baggage that has weighed me down for years at that same incredible rate as well. There's no way to fathom exactly what I am talking about until you experience it, but I hope you give yourself this opportunity because you deserve it! No more back pain, no more hip pain, no more sweating profusely, no more FUPA stickin out like an awning over my vag, no more getting creative about how the hell I'm gonna reach my hand to my butthole to wipe... LOLOL...seriously, I could go on but I may be a little too transparent for some folks lol. I have been the happiest that I have ever been in my life since surgery though so please update us when you have it and I hope to see the update at that time! I am cheering for you and am excited for you to experience this journey!

Edited by regina r

10 hours ago, regina r said:

no more FUPA stickin out like an awning over my vag, no more getting creative about how the hell I'm gonna reach my hand to my butthole to wipe...

Amen Sister! One of the many things I am looking forward to! Ha ha ha... Thank you for posting this! Made my day!

I am a newbie. Gastric sleeve on 10/28. I struggled with being committed to my decision to have surgery a few times BUT I am so very glad I went through with it. My experience thus far has been amazing. It is very hard when you read of other people who had complications or struggled in so many ways post op. That will definitely influence your thoughts regarding the unknown outcome. I can honestly tell you I had absolutely zero problems. I live alone and was perfectly fine post-op. Eating according to plan has not been an issue. In regards to sticking with the requirements of the plan, I find that your body will do it for you. You can't overeat (in my experience) as it will make you far too uncomfortable. It becomes a habit to take smaller bites and to chew your food thoroughly. I wish you the best.
Ty because I'm 2 months into my 6 month LRD before I can get the Sleeve and I'm reading all of these horrible things thats really scaring me!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

6 minutes ago, jennlynn69 said:

Ty because I'm 2 months into my 6 month LRD before I can get the Sleeve and I'm reading all of these horrible things thats really scaring me!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app

most people sail through with no or only very minor issues. I think it seems like complications are more widespread than they actually are because people post about those, looking for support or advice. People who don't have any issues don't usually post about that..

54 minutes ago, jennlynn69 said:

Ty! Do u regret ur decision?

No way! I should have done this YEARS ago!

I have no regrets either! I say go for it!