Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yep you are healing takes time - have doc get you a mild pain killer I had some from a knee surgery but Tylonel PM will do the trick with a glass of wine.

Buenos Noche~!

Most plans advise against the use of alcohol after surgery. It's empty calories, irritates new stomach, may cause dumping syndrome.

According to the instruction book I received for surgery:

-----------------------------------------

Thinking about resuming your old lifestyle???

If you decide to return to pre-op behaviors of smoking cigarettes and/or drinking alcohol, you are at risk for creating bleeding ulcers - which may have to be treated by surgical intervention.

------------------------------------------

In general, I found exercise (walking) to be the best tool for relieving pain right after surgery. When you go to bed at night, I found a pillow between your legs to be helpful, especially after some of the weight comes off and it feels like your leg bone rubbing against your leg bone. The incision points can take awhile to heal. I had several small ones but the big one where most of the surgery takes place took a year to disappear.

14 hours ago, stangsally94 said:

I'm two weeks post-op and I still have this burning, stabbing pain in my left side when I move wrong. Is this normal and when will it end?

Sent from my moto e6 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had bypass on 6 days ago. The nurse from my surgeons office met with me before I was released from the hospital. She warned me that I would have this same pain you are describing. She said it is the largest incision in its final healing stage. She said this usually happens 12-14 days out and recommended that I save a few of my pain meds for when this happens. If you don’t have any pain meds left, perhaps a couple Tylenol would help. She said it will only last a day or two. If you aren’t able to get relief I would definitely call your surgeons office for advice. I hope you feel better soon!

18 hours ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

Yep you are healing takes time - have doc get you a mild pain killer I had some from a knee surgery but Tylonel PM will do the trick with a glass of wine.

Buenos Noche~!

When did you start drinking again after surgery? This is a question I am afraid to ask my Nutritionist :lol:

6 hours ago, Jokersgirl said:

When did you start drinking again after surgery? This is a question I am afraid to ask my Nutritionist

I am going to take the drinking again as a Drink or Two Not dozens - I was told by my Doc to wait 90 Days and be very careful on switch addictions food to Vodka transferring. I waited about 20 days and had a drink. I do drink and use it as a end of day put me out method. Not healthy but i will drink a few times a week 3 drinks max Vodka and Gator Aid and some juice. Never bothered me at all. But i do See the addiction effect being Now I can not eat 30 wings and a pizza at happy hour but I can have a drink. For sure be careful my doc was right, i can see how I am transferring the food addiction to other things. For example I will pour a 500 calorie white russian to get the calories, Not a good choice at all!

I have mastered the food thing, Mastered the Vits and Minerals and smoothies, Now I am focusing on getting away from the Drinking

11 hours ago, Jokersgirl said:

When did you start drinking again after surgery? This is a question I am afraid to ask my Nutritionist :lol:

we were told to wait a year. I waited three years. I only have maybe three or four glasses of wine a year. Transfer addiction unfortunately is not uncommon after surgery.

I have a drink (usually bourbon) a couple of days a week. But now it's one drink over three hours, not three drinks over one hour, as it was in the past. I stay away from wine and mixers...too many carbs. Also, I know me...if I add "a splash" of diet ginger to my bourbon, it becomes a yummy drink that I can suck down. Straight bourbon is a sipping drink!! LOL