Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is tomorrow, it doesn't seem real. I did the liquid diet for two weeks no problem, no cravings, lost 26lbs. The only part of the post-op diet that bothers me is pureed. The thought of chicken or meat in a blender makes me ill, not doing it. I will live on applesauce and cottage cheese. If anyone has other suggestions, I'll take them.

I am not telling anyone about my surgery outside of two extremely close friends and family. I was hired work from home in April, the camera in my laptop doesn't work (Alleluia!) so no one at work has ever seen me, my manager hired me without an interview. So they do not know how huge I am and they certainly aren't going to know about this. Too much fat prejudice out there and not their business anyway.

To the hospital I am taking the clothes on my back, my phone and charger, insurance/debit cards, toothbrush, comb and warm robe. I am praying for a smooth recovery with no complications.

I am only taking off 4 days from work. I don't feel comfortable with more since this is a new job and I am a contractor hoping to be hired full time.

I'm open to advice, etc. Thanks to everyone who has posted about their surgeries and for all the advice given here! Hopefully I will be able to put diabetes in remission after 15 years and an amputated toe, as well as kick high blood pressure.

Congrats : My surgery is in December , I'm reluctant to tell people outside of family for same reasons. Good Luck

@GreenTealael & Mrb1807

Thank you!!!

Good luck to you too, Mrb1807! I'm looking forward to getting in and out of the car without a struggle, among other things!

1 hour ago, mlmx1138 said:

My surgery is tomorrow, it doesn't seem real. I did the liquid diet for two weeks no problem, no cravings, lost 26lbs. The only part of the post-op diet that bothers me is pureed. The thought of chicken or meat in a blender makes me ill, not doing it. I will live on applesauce and cottage cheese. If anyone has other suggestions, I'll take them.

I am not telling anyone about my surgery outside of two extremely close friends and family. I was hired work from home in April, the camera in my laptop doesn't work (Alleluia!) so no one at work has ever seen me, my manager hired me without an interview. So they do not know how huge I am and they certainly aren't going to know about this. Too much fat prejudice out there and not their business anyway.

To the hospital I am taking the clothes on my back, my phone and charger, insurance/debit cards, toothbrush, comb and warm robe. I am praying for a smooth recovery with no complications.

I am only taking off 4 days from work. I don't feel comfortable with more since this is a new job and I am a contractor hoping to be hired full time.

I'm open to advice, etc. Thanks to everyone who has posted about their surgeries and for all the advice given here! Hopefully I will be able to put diabetes in remission after 15 years and an amputated toe, as well as kick high blood pressure.

Praying you have an easy, uncomplicated surgery and a quick recovery!

Thank you Jaelzion, your prayers are much appreciated!!

I didn't puree any meats, either. I had a few during the soft food stage (tuna and shrimp come to mind), but I think when I was in the puree stage I ate things like Greek yogurt and pureed cottage cheese.

Congrats and best wishes on your surgery! During the puréed stage, refried Beans with melted cheese were a particular fave of mine.

thank you for sharing your surgery journey stay strong! You are doing good by just going with your gut feeling about the job it is your business to share after the surgery this way it is a new you and a new life. please let us know your continued journey!

Good luck!! I hope you have an easy, breezy surgery! Don't worry about puree stage...refried Beans are a life saver! Also, my nutritionist said as long as you chew, chew, chew anything is a puree! LOL So I wouldn't eat steak or anything, but tuna fish and chicken salad made with greek yogurt and mashed well with a fork worked for me.

YOU CAN DO THIS!

Hello I respect your decision of not telling anyone. There will be a plethora of questions that quite frankly you dont owe an explanation too. I made the choice to be completely open about my surgery and its alot of work. Always remember it is a tool. Youd never judge someone for using a car to get cross country instead of walking or judge someone for using a nail gun to build a house instead of a hammer. Both ways to a goal are valid. Anyway, follow all instructions the surgeon gives you even when it painful. The hardest part is right when you wake up from surgery because you have gas pain, so Walk WALK WALK!!!

Other than that I did not do pureed meats. Made me think of dog food lol. If you look at my page you can follow my insta and I can send more details of how I did my post op diet. I lost 120 pounds in 6 month. My Drs. And team where in shock. Good luck!

Wishing u well, hope it went ok? I didnt get too much gas pain, I just felt sore whenever I moved.

The puree stage is tricky. I tried pureeing yesterday and I didnt like the look of it to be honest. Wouldve preferred to mash it up with a folk but oh well. I tried refried Beans with cheese and its quite good.