Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Psych Holding up the process

Hi guys,

So I have completed all of my requirements for surgery and had my decision appointment October 22nd. That day they were submitting my paperwork and gave me a surgery date of the second week of December. So I call my insurance a week later to see if they received it and if I was approved and turns out my paperwork hasn't even been submitted. So I call my surgeons office and they said they're waiting on psych to send them her part and then they could send it in. Mind you I had my psych appointment in September and she said I was fit for it and would submit her part. I wait another week and make the calls to see where I'm at, once again everyone is waiting on psych, I've called her office and left multiple messages and she does not respond, I'm trying not to get upset and discouraged but its really hard not to. So I talked to someone last week in the surgeons office who said they have issues with her all the time (then why do they recommend patients go through her) and that I'm not the only one. I've done my part and I'm upset that this woman wont respond to anyone. I now know that the date they picked for me wont happen and it sucks because I've planned everything around that date (my child care, job, etc) and now I'm stuck in limbo and insurance already said its going to take awhile. what should i do? any ever deal with this? This feels beyond unprofessional

My Psych dr. did the same thing to me. Firstly he made me do this longgggg process that took hours to fill in this questionnaire. After calling and leaving message after message i had to get the dr office to call.... Then he "failed" me and said i was a binge eater.... I have been a lot of things, but never a binge eater. Had to make another appointment with a different one and he said.... why did he make you do that? I said I don't know.... anyway he passed me and i was scheduled two weeks later. Just keep on them....

53 minutes ago, davis29 said:

Hi guys,

So I have completed all of my requirements for surgery and had my decision appointment October 22nd. That day they were submitting my paperwork and gave me a surgery date of the second week of December. So I call my insurance a week later to see if they received it and if I was approved and turns out my paperwork hasn't even been submitted. So I call my surgeons office and they said they're waiting on psych to send them her part and then they could send it in. Mind you I had my psych appointment in September and she said I was fit for it and would submit her part. I wait another week and make the calls to see where I'm at, once again everyone is waiting on psych, I've called her office and left multiple messages and she does not respond, I'm trying not to get upset and discouraged but its really hard not to. So I talked to someone last week in the surgeons office who said they have issues with her all the time (then why do they recommend patients go through her) and that I'm not the only one. I've done my part and I'm upset that this woman wont respond to anyone. I now know that the date they picked for me wont happen and it sucks because I've planned everything around that date (my child care, job, etc) and now I'm stuck in limbo and insurance already said its going to take awhile. what should i do? any ever deal with this? This feels beyond unprofessional

Call her office and tell her you will report her to the state Board of Psychology if she doesn't send in the report within 72 hours. I'd also flag her on Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, etc. 30 days is ample time to write this type of report.

43 minutes ago, Foxbins said:

Call her office and tell her you will report her to the state Board of Psychology if she doesn't send in the report within 72 hours. I'd also flag her on Yelp, Facebook, Twitter, etc. 30 days is ample time to write this type of report.

I am scared that if I push she will retaliate by saying I am unfit for the procedure or something worse. I even asked my office If I could possibly see someone else and it has to be from that business. I even called the supervisor where she was and have not heard back.

My psych in so many words, failed me for being an emotional eater. I was really worried the surgery wouldnt go ahead . I then kept pestering the psych to hurry up and send the report officially because the surgery was only next week. Well she did, talked to my surgeon and worked it out, had the surgery.

It sucks your going through these difficulties , hope it get sorted.

6 hours ago, davis29 said:

I am scared that if I push she will retaliate by saying I am unfit for the procedure or something worse. I even asked my office If I could possibly see someone else and it has to be from that business. I even called the supervisor where she was and have not heard back.

It would be unethical for her to retaliate. You could sue her. Of course, that would take money and time...if you have called her supervisor it sounds like you have done all you are comfortable doing. However, I strongly encourage you to leave her poor reviews on social media and implore your surgeon's office not to refer patients to her. If they want a psych eval so badly, they should find a clinician who can get them done in a timely manner. Are you in a small town where there is only one psychologist? I'm wondering why the surgeon's office only refers to one person.

9 hours ago, davis29 said:

Hi guys,

That sucks. I suffered a few "ball drops" during the process. My advice is stay on them. Thats what I did. Insist that you see another shrink, or whatever it takes to get your paperwork submitted. Talk with your surgeon if you can. He can make things happen if he wants to.

Good luck.

Edited by bufbills

It would be unethical for her to retaliate. You could sue her. Of course, that would take money and time...if you have called her supervisor it sounds like you have done all you are comfortable doing. However, I strongly encourage you to leave her poor reviews on social media and implore your surgeon's office not to refer patients to her. If they want a psych eval so badly, they should find a clinician who can get them done in a timely manner. Are you in a small town where there is only one psychologist? I'm wondering why the surgeon's office only refers to one person.
I did speak with her supervisor and told her the situation and she's going to look into it and call me back. I'm in a small town but live in a medical district and there are plenty of places but for some reason since this is part of their branch they say its a must. Even though they have issues, hopefully it will be resolved this week. Will be leaving bad reviews all over all platforms.

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi guys,

So she finally called me today and made up some story as to why she didn't send it in almost 2 months ago. I thanked the supervisor, now it's headed to insurance and hopefully I'm approved

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm so happy for you. Finally!