Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One week post-op and on liquid diet.

I had my surgery last Thursday and I am on my liquid diet. I am constantly questioning if my sleeve is small enough. I am basing my food intake on Protein as much as possible, but is it normal to get cravings? I didn’t think it was. I also can eat 1/4 c of food already. Everyone else I have heard about has like two bites and is really full. I’m just worried and unsure. I need to get healthier. I have already lost 9.2 lbs, and that is great! I just would hate for my sleeve to be too big and it to not be the tool it’s supposed to be to help me. I am not giving in to cravings and am following my diet. Any advice/ input would be appreciated.

I had my surgery last Thursday and I am on my liquid diet. I am constantly questioning if my sleeve is small enough. I am basing my food intake on Protein as much as possible, but is it normal to get cravings? I didn’t think it was. I also can eat 1/4 c of food already. Everyone else I have heard about has like two bites and is really full. I’m just worried and unsure. I need to get healthier. I have already lost 9.2 lbs, and that is great! I just would hate for my sleeve to be too big and it to not be the tool it’s supposed to be to help me. I am not giving in to cravings and am following my diet. Any advice/ input would be appreciated.

I'm only 10 days post op, so pretty close to you in the process but I've not had any troubles getting liquids down. I never felt full at all with liquids. I started adding yogurt in yesterday and it's the first I've noticed starting to feel a little "full" before finishing the cup. I can tell you I have a LOT of head cravings but no true hunger I don't think. That having been said, I'm frigging sick of liquids. Soo ready to move on to purees Monday.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Firstly, congrats on your surgery. Whoo hoo!

A lot of nerve endings were cut during surgery & for some people this temporarily results in not feeling full. This is why it’s so important to stick to your plan’s quantities. Don’t push more as you may affect your healing. Also fluids go through the system more quickly so you may not get the full message before it’s passed through your tummy.

Cravings are in our heads which is why we need to do the ‘head work’ & identify why we eat, what we eat, when & how we eat. Are you eating out of habit, because of emotions or because you really are hungry. It takes time. I’m still learning.

Good luck.

My surgeon told me a 1/4cup to 1/2cup. Never go over that. You’re losing so that’s good.

They are not cravings well actually they are - THEY ARE HEAD GAMES!

On of the toughest parts of this journey are getting the mind and body in line. I can not stress enoegh to just try and focus on something other then food and desire for food/cravings. Once you whip the mind in place the rest is easy. I agree with above keep it down to just a little at a time. The key is the smoothies.

Thank you all for your input! I need all the assistance I can get and I am feeling better about it all.