Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Checking in. I’m really struggling with exhaustion right now. My surgeon is just pushing more Protein on me. My nutritionist doesn’t think it’s anemia but I’m due for lab work soon. One thing I’ve noticed is my resting heart rate used to be high 60’s. Today my Fitbit said my resting heart rate is now 59. Anyone having these issues?

On 03/01/2021 at 06:47, Bucky0126 said:

I started my journey 351 lbs on 1/01/20 and when I had surgery 12/2/20 I weighed 302 lbs. So -107 lbs in 14 months, but -58 lbs since surgery on 12/2/20.

Great progress!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven’t been around much. On top of the surgery, my youngest started preschool after being assessed for Autism, my oldest is in pre-kindergarten (also Autistic), and I’ve been getting my business going again (I’m a home baker and jam maker!).

Overall I’m doing great! Keep losing most weeks. Eating well. I haven’t gotten any food stuck in a little while, so that’s good! Started doing more cardio and some at-home interval training. Earlier today my youngest was treating me like a trampoline though, and my abdomen is sore and cramping, so I might just take it easy!

If any of you are on Instagram, I try to post on there more regularly (milunloaded there, too).

On 3/4/2021 at 9:53 AM, Tim C said:

How much weight have you lost since surgery day?

I'm -59 lbs in 90 days post surgery.

1 hour ago, Bucky0126 said:

I would be happy with that. Seems like the weight loss has already slowed down but I am only 2 weeks out.

7 minutes ago, ngmancini said:

You are doing wonderful. Keep going your results ate amazing

Thanks, I can't stay off the scales!!

3 hours ago, Tim C said:

Thanks, I can't stay off the scales!!

Time for some non-scale goals, take the focus off the scales for a while. Maybe weigh in only once per week or a a couple times a week only.

7 hours ago, Tim C said:

I would be happy with that. Seems like the weight loss has already slowed down but I am only 2 weeks out.

2-3 week stall is common! Just hold on, keep doing what you’re doing, and you’ll break that stall!

On 3/9/2021 at 9:22 AM, Bucky0126 said:

You'll go through stalls that can last 2-3 days and some up to 5-7 days. Your body is trying to figure out your new life and may reserve some calories because it thinks you may be starving. It's all ok and good, I use stalls as extra motivation to keep it clean and healthy to resume the loss again. I have been in a stall at 245 for a week, but I've also included lifting weights a few weeks ago and the old, "muscle weighs more than fat" is my theme right now. If you're feeling good, then good things are happening. Keep focused and motivated, remember, the stomach had surgery, the brain didn't. The brain has been trained your whole life and your stomach has been retrained for a short amount of time.

I had my surgery dec 2020. Horrible gout flair ups. Didn't know this was an added risk with surgery. When I called the surgeon's office they said I would have to speak with my primary. The primary was the one who cleared me for surgery so she was aware I had gastric bypass. Nothing was working for the gout and she put me on prednisone. Wish I would have questioned her decision but I figured she was the doctor. 4 days in on the prednisone I'm home alone at 4am and I started to hemmorage. Unlocked the front door and called 911. Long story short I was given 5 units of blood a couple units of plasma and was rushed to surgery. Called my Mom to say goodbye and to tell her I loved her. Took them 2 hours to stabilize the blood loss before they could start the surgery. That surgeon saved my life. Gout is still bad but I don't want to take any gout meds. Hoping it stabilizes soon.

So I’ve been a bit of a clothes hoarder the past 15 years. I keep my favorites from past sizes. Since surgery I’ve been getting rid of things as I literally downsize. I just put on my smallest pair of jeans today. A size 17! I’m out of plus size pants!