Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, mil_unloaded said:

December 29th, surgery tomorrow!! Yay! I’m so ready! I’m down 18 pounds from my highest weight!

COVID test came back negative! I hope all of my other testing is in line with surgery! I’ll probably hear something today if it’s not. Haha. I discovered through blood testing I’m Iron deficiency anemic, but they also had me quit all of my supplements almost 10 days ago. I’m wondering if the Iron in my blood can take a beating that quickly. Anyone know?

Yay tomorrow is the big day!! I’m not sure on the iron deficiency question. I won’t have post op labs for a bit. Glad covid was negative!

if you can, try to give us an update tomorrow letting us know how you’re doing! Or in the next couple days!!!

On 12/28/2020 at 11:52 AM, mil_unloaded said:

Just finished my pre-admission testing! Two days until surgery (12/30)!

Sorry my mistake. I misunderstood. I thought your surgery was today. Good luck tomorrow, and please keep us posted. I'm very excited for you, and I can't wait to get my surgery on the 12th. TTYS

16 minutes ago, RhondaHigdon said:

Sorry my mistake. I misunderstood. I thought your surgery was today. Good luck tomorrow, and please keep us posted. I'm very excited for you, and I can't wait to get my surgery on the 12th. TTYS

Thanks friend! I just got the confirmation call, my surgery is at 10am, arrival time at 8am (Pacific)! I’ll keep you guys updated as I can!

51 minutes ago, mil_unloaded said:

Thanks friend! I just got the confirmation call, my surgery is at 10am, arrival time at 8am (Pacific)! I’ll keep you guys updated as I can!

Wonderful. That's 11am eastern time. I'll be thinking about you. I will be watching for your updates. Take care, and everything is gonna go great.

I got sleeved on the 21st and hiatal hernia repaired as well. I believe this was the worst pain I ever felt in my entire life right after coming out the operation room. Thank God! I slept through the night, and my nurses were giving me good care at the hospital. Gas pain wasn’t tough like I see lots of people have been complaining about. Walking, walking non stop at the hospital is live saver. I wish anyone who’s gonna go for weight loss surgery best of luck. Remember! Always follow your surgeon and primary doctor instructions.

On 11/6/2020 at 3:57 AM, Jestplay said:

Hello, my date is 12/29. I'm very excited and nervous.

Hope all went well, I'm scheduled for 31st and so nervous that I want to back out..☹

Any tips?

4 minutes ago, Amy_Aim said:

Hope all went well, I'm scheduled for 31st and so nervous that I want to back out..☹

Any tips?

Well, i can't say that I have any tips, but congrats to you. I will let you know that my surgery date in Jan 12th, and I'm nervous as well. I think this is normal for anyone that is getting ready to have surgery. I have had 14 prior surgeries and it doesn't get any easier. Also, I just wanted to tell that I started this journey once before and I backed out. I hadn't gotten as far as you have in the process, but I regret backing out to this day. Everyone is different, but really think about your decision. This is surgery is something that is going to help us get healthy. I know I need it so much. I can't wait to enjoy walks, and playing with my grandbaby on the floor. Its all the little things that I look forward to, as much as not having to take so much medication. I hope this is of some help, and I wish you the best of luck. Rhonda

30 minutes ago, Amy_Aim said:

Any tips?

I know you are nervous but keep going!! I was too, but so glad I did it! 12/22 was my day, and though those first couple days feel yucky, I’m 1 week out and feel great. I’m not taking anything for pain, and I’m tolerating full liquids and purées (started yesterday). Since pre op diet I’m down 31lbs.
My newbie tips are just walk, walk, walk and get those gas pains out! Take the nausea meds they give you. They help so much. Remind yourself why you started!

Surgery day! I’m 288.4 this morning! I can’t wait! I report in about 2 hours!

28 minutes ago, mil_unloaded said:

Surgery day! I’m 288.4 this morning! I can’t wait! I report in about 2 hours!

YAY!!! Today’s the big day! 💪🏼💪🏼💪🏼

Good luck!! Yes keep us posted, I'm a nervous wreck.. scheduled for tomorrow...

Well wishes for you..

5 hours ago, RhondaHigdon said:

Well, i can't say that I have any tips, but congrats to you. I will let you know that my surgery date in Jan 12th, and I'm nervous as well. I think this is normal for anyone that is getting ready to have surgery. I have had 14 prior surgeries and it doesn't get any easier. Also, I just wanted to tell that I started this journey once before and I backed out. I hadn't gotten as far as you have in the process, but I regret backing out to this day. Everyone is different, but really think about your decision. This is surgery is something that is going to help us get healthy. I know I need it so much. I can't wait to enjoy walks, and playing with my grandbaby on the floor. Its all the little things that I look forward to, as much as not having to take so much medication. I hope this is of some help, and I wish you the best of luck. Rhonda

Thank you so much, you are right! I've battled high blood pressure for 5 years and now pre diabetic stage. Just lost my mom this year at age 65 to her 3rd stroke, so this is what I'm trying to prevent... best of luck to you as well.

5 hours ago, RTL1234 said:

I know you are nervous but keep going!! I was too, but so glad I did it! 12/22 was my day, and though those first couple days feel yucky, I’m 1 week out and feel great. I’m not taking anything for pain, and I’m tolerating full liquids and purées (started yesterday). Since pre op diet I’m down 31lbs.
My newbie tips are just walk, walk, walk and get those gas pains out! Take the nausea meds they give you. They help so much. Remind yourself why you started!

Wow! 31 pounds that is amazing! I've only lost 10 during pre op. Currently down to 185...

Thank you for the tips it does help me stay somewhat calm.... Congrats on your journey...

Hi everyone! I’m a new member to the boards. I was sleeved on December 21st. I had some complications right after surgery, but I was feeling much better 24 hours later. I’m doing much better now, other than having some trouble keeping my Protein Shakes down. They don’t seem to be settling too well.

I’m down 18 pounds since surgery on 12/21, though! 🎉 I didn’t have to do a pre-op liquid diet.

1 hour ago, kgreenhaw said:

Hi everyone! I’m a new member to the boards. I was sleeved on December 21st. I had some complications right after surgery, but I was feeling much better 24 hours later. I’m doing much better now, other than having some trouble keeping my Protein Shakes down. They don’t seem to be settling too well.

I’m down 18 pounds since surgery on 12/21, though! 🎉 I didn’t have to do a pre-op liquid diet.

Congrats... sorry to hear about your complications but glad that your feeling better. I'm not able to hold Protein Shakes down now so I'm a bit worried.

Praying I don't have any complications. Congrats on your weight loss so far..