Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah, it sucks. My date for gastric sleeve is 12/8th.
Congratulations on getting ur date!!

Sent from my SM-G781U using BariatricPal mobile app

I find out my liquid diet details on 11/17. Im anxious so I can get started early. Surgery 12/8 at noon.
Good luck tomorrow. Hope all goes well

Sent from my SM-G781U using BariatricPal mobile app

Happy Monday! I have my surgery scheduled for December 17th. I'm currently on my 5th day of the pre-op diet. It's made me realize how so many things we do on a daily basis revolve around food. However, feeling good and actually have more energy & focus.

On 12/6/2020 at 7:55 PM, merraculous said:

December 17th here... its the day after my birthday so I guess... Happy Birthday too me.

Feeling really nervous, been pretty good on this presurgery diet, but like I am having a lot of cravings, anyone else experience this?

Funny, I had my surgery 12/2 which was a day after my birthday as well. Stick to the diet, it'll help for the post op diet as the cravings will subside once you don't have the feeling of being hungry.

Mine was done laparoscopic. I’m doing well other than one incision. It constantly burns sharply whenever I walk. I’m not sure whether to walk through the pain or take it easy. If it wasn’t for that I would be off the norco.

On 11/8/2020 at 7:59 AM, Jestplay said:

I am a fast track patient w Blossom Bariatrics in Vegas. Anyone else?

Me too!! 12/22 surgery date, flying in from Birmingham, Alabama, started pre-op diet today 🙂

My date is 12/16 and I m so pumped up for this to happen! I only had to do a 7 day liquid diet a

nd finished day one yesterday. So far so good. I am a little hungry but will get thru the next few days and looking forward to not having physical hunger. Right now my attitude is really good...Let's do this!

12 hours ago, K Be Good! said:

Mine was done laparoscopic. I’m doing well other than one incision. It constantly burns sharply whenever I walk. I’m not sure whether to walk through the pain or take it easy. If it wasn’t for that I would be off the norco.

I have one like taht as well, it is on the left and goes through a lot of muscle and where they removed most of the "excess" stomach. Yesterday at my 1wk post op follow-up, my surgeon said that was normal and very common in almost all his patients.

On 12/07/2020 at 19:30, Xicanaqtvsg said:

Happy Monday! I have my surgery scheduled for December 17th. I'm currently on my 5th day of the pre-op diet. It's made me realize how so many things we do on a daily basis revolve around food. However, feeling good and actually have more energy & focus.

I have the same date! I also am shocked by the amount of things revolve around food. I’ve been also feel really creative.

My surgery is tomorrow 12/10. I’m suuuuper anxious about anesthesia. This is my first surgery ever and I had a weird experience with the twilight anesthesia for my upper endoscopy so I’m hoping it goes better. I wish this was over already 😥

2 hours ago, merraculous said:

I have the same date! I also am shocked by the amount of things revolve around food. I’ve been also feel really creative.

The best thing I've made so far is garlic "fried" rice with cauliflower rice with tons of other veggies.

On 12/09/2020 at 12:50, Xicanaqtvsg said:

The best thing I've made so far is garlic "fried" rice with cauliflower rice with tons of other veggies.

That sounds delicious! I made veggie patties out of boiled broccoli today

43 minutes ago, merraculous said:

That sounds delicious! I made veggie patties out of boiled broccoli today

What did you use to bind the patties? I'm only allowed to have veggies no eggs.

On 12/09/2020 at 16:17, Xicanaqtvsg said:

What did you use to bind the patties? I'm only allowed to have veggies no eggs.

I microwaved the vegetables in the Water and then used a hand blender to “purée” them, then put them through a cheese cloth (paper towel works well too) to take extra moisture out. From there they were easy to form (keep some moisture in so they form) and put them in a pan with Pam, salt for flavour... not too bad. Plus it kept me busy instead of thinking of other food