Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, Working on ME! said:

How are you all doing?

Like I mentioned in another post, I am amazed at the low level of general pain that I am feeling. I cannot wait until I get to move to pureed foods on Tuesday. Incision sites are heeling well and itching but fairly normal routine and feeling. How are you feeling?

Edited by UGAPRRTHD
Addition

1 minute ago, UGAPRRTHD said:

Like I mentioned in another post, I am amazed at the low level of general pain that I am feeling. I cannot wait until I get to move to pureed foods on Tuesday. Incision sites are heeling well and itching but fairly normal routine and feeling. How are you feeling?

I am sore, running a low grade temp... super full feeling. I got some Protein in today which makes me super happy. I obviously need to keep walking more. It is nice to have people to talk to that are gong through it at the same time!

For reference I would say this is worse than a gallbladder removal but easier than a c-section. Right now I just have to deal with stomach spasms.

So my original date was dec 4, but I was asked about a week ago if I minded changing my date to the 7th dec which I said ok to. So here I am right now.. sitting in pre-op waiting to get taken through 😱ahh nerves kicking in lol

1 hour ago, NewMe3 said:

So my original date was dec 4, but I was asked about a week ago if I minded changing my date to the 7th dec which I said ok to. So here I am right now.. sitting in pre-op waiting to get taken through 😱ahh nerves kicking in lol

Relax, everything will go perfectly. In a few short hours you will start your new path.

December 17th here... its the day after my birthday so I guess... Happy Birthday too me.

Feeling really nervous, been pretty good on this presurgery diet, but like I am having a lot of cravings, anyone else experience this?

I had a lot of gas pain took some gas x and walked more frequently and that helped. Got a Protein Shake and cup of Decaf down yesterday and was feeling pretty good all day. Pain is minimal and I haven’t taken anything since Saturday morning, it was just Tylenol. I’m on full liquids until post op appointment. Surgery was 12/3.

awesome had my surgery 12/3 and on liquids . I haven’t taken anything since sunday for the Pain. I see Dr tuesday for stage 2.

Hello! I had my gastric sleeve on 12/01. Overall, things are going well!

When I woke up from my anesthesia, I am pretty sure I was half delirious and obnoxious, but I only remember bits and pieces. The first night was pretty tough. The first time they got me up to walk, I was overcome with nausea and thought I would pass out, only made it a few steps. BUT, after that, it was very good progress and soon I was walking all the way down the hall and back. I have not had to take any nausea medicine since being home, and I only take Tylenol for pain rather than the prescription opioid they gave me. Also taking anti-blood clot injections twice a day, and oxygen at night.

At home, I have been good at hitting my liquid goals. The Protein goal was a little harder for me, and I had to work my way up to hitting it for the first time yesterday. Each day the pain gets a little better. This morning I was able to sleep on my side for the first time in a week, which felt wonderful, since I'm not really a back sleeper.

My stomach wounds look pretty gnarly. There is one that is indented into my fat, and I now call it my second belly button! Haha. One weird side effect is that my hands suddenly looked 20 years older. The skin was all wrinkly and loose. I put some firming cream on them, and they are doing better now.

All I can think about is food. It is everywhere around me. I watch TV and see a pizza commercial. I look at the internet and see recipes. My husband cooks his dinner, and the smell is so tantalizing. I keep thinking if I could only have one bite, it would be the best bite in the world. I think I just miss the flavors since I am on liquids.

Finally, I am a bit amazed and worried about how fast I am losing weight. Of course, that was the whole point of this, but I can't help but wonder if it is healthy, since it is basically starvation on a liquid diet. I am down 17 pounds in 8 days (includes the 2-days pre-op on liquid diet). Eek! I suppose it will stop or slow down soon.

Well, thanks for listening to my story! Good luck to everyone else.

On 12/4/2020 at 7:20 PM, Working on ME! said:

I had my Sleeve done on 12/1. Who else is the same timeframe?

I had mine 12/2. Not quite able to eat an entire Jello cup, but drinking Water and gatorade from the little med cups. I have my post op surgeon video call Thursday, which I assume will graduate me to the phase 2 diet with Protein Shakes. It's nice to start having the stomach gas start to subside, I have been doing 10 minute walks twice daily.

What are you guys experiencing?

11/30...Home on 12/1. Began the clear liquid diet 12/1 (60 oz of clear fluids, 40-60 grams protein), transitioned to full liquids 12/4...get to move to puree foods tomorrow as well as 1wk post follow-up. Been trying to average to walk as much as possible and work out the soreness.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches