Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 12/3! A year! That is a long time to prepare but I know it will pay off in results.
you don’t have too much longer so keep us posted. We will be here to help you and help each other get through this stuff. It won’t be easy but it’ll be worth it! Let us know how the pre-op diet is going; is it pretty hard?

On 11/8/2020 at 8:59 AM, Jestplay said:

I am a fast track patient w Blossom Bariatrics in Vegas. Anyone else?

That’s awesome. I was saving to use them as self pay when my insurance changed and started covering the sleeve this year. Interested to hear how it goes!

Who knew not eating would make you lose weight. I’ve been averaging around 900 calories a day on my liquid diet. I’ve lost almost 7 pounds since Sunday. No joke this is hard. The kids are eating pop tarts as I type.

On 11/4/2020 at 11:04 PM, K Be Good! said:

Just got my date 12/3. A little sad to be on a preop diet for Thanksgiving but we gotta do what we gotta do.

It's really the perfect time to start thinking about family gatherings as social rather than food events.

On 11/7/2020 at 10:20 AM, K Be Good! said:

Hospitals here are still closed to visitors. My husband cannot drive me due to work. I’m going to have to rely on my unreliable mother. It’s stressing me out. I know if she doesn’t show/forgets I’ll still get there but I’m a planner and this is not what I planned.

It's a shame that you can't have anybody there with you. I remember what a relief it was to see my husband in the recovery room when I woke up. Take care and we're here for you.

On 11/04/2020 at 23:04, K Be Good! said:

Just got my date 12/3. A little sad to be on a preop diet for Thanksgiving but we gotta do what we gotta do.

I’m right behind you with dec 11th! CONGRATS!!!!

Hopefully I won’t be far behind you guys.... my pkg just went to insurance co. I’ll be trying to lose more weight before surgery; CW 270. I’ve lost 13 since July. I walk one day, in major pain the next from spondylitis. Instead of two steps fwd, two steps back, I want to get to two fed, one-half back!!!!

its great connecting with you. Lets stay in touch!!!

I’m scheduled for gastric sleeve on 12/21/20!

Finally got my official date! 12/22. I’m a little nervous it’s only a couple days before Christmas. My husband will take some time off also to help with the kids. My older ones are fine, but my 12 month old won’t understand why I can’t pick her up so easy.

I’m I have been so excited...now that I have my date and my ore op diet date (12/8) I’m petrified all of a sudden! Not really because of the surgery itself but just figuring out those first couple months post op. I’m trying not to freak out about it! 🥴🥴

Have my tentative date of 12/9. Got my last pre-op visit scheduled for 2 days from now. I'm still waiting on my insurance to approve me tho. I'm so nervous because they haven't yet. My nurse navigator says not to worry, that they will get the approval, but I just can't help it. Until I get that approval and actually have that surgery I am going to be a bundle of nerves, convinced my surgery is going to be cancelled or postponed... it doesn't help that I'm currently horribly bloated and retaining Fluid from that lovely woman time. So I'm also terrified that Water weight gain is going to disqualify me... Ugh what an emotional roller coaster this journey is.

On 11/16/2020 at 12:36 AM, Layersofbeauty said:

I like the Premier Protein shakes. Peach is my fav!

Mine too and the Cafe' Latte

On 11/19/2020 at 11:41 PM, Jackson5mom said:

Hi new here and sleeve surgery date is 12/3. Almost a year to get everything done and approved. Day 4 of my pre op diet which is mostly liquid. I’m allowed an Atkins style meal for dinner. It’s been interesting so far. But looking forward to the bigger picture and new start.

Age 42

CW 254 (thanks in part to the pre op diet lol)

Just a few days ahead of you with it being day 7 of my pre op liquid diet. I'm only allowed liquids and up to 5 cups of green non starchy vegetables (green Beans and broccoli). My sleeve surgery is scheduled for 12/2, but with all the beds being taken at hospitals, I'm anxious to see if they cancel my, or anyone's surgeries.

39 minutes ago, Bucky0126 said:

Just a few days ahead of you with it being day 7 of my pre op liquid diet. I'm only allowed liquids and up to 5 cups of green non starchy vegetables (green Beans and broccoli). My sleeve surgery is scheduled for 12/2, but with all the beds being taken at hospitals, I'm anxious to see if they cancel my, or anyone's surgeries.

Wow I know that’s nerve wracking! I’m monitoring everything while trying not to make myself crazy. Hope it works out for both of us!!!