Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

7 hours ago, FireEMT710 said:

I had surgery on Monday... everything went fine, I slept a lot the first 2 days, and really until about 1-2 on the 3rd day. It was like a switch flipped. I'm still in pain when moving, but not constant pain. Was sent home with Hycet, Zofran, and Pepcid. One thing I learned, do not trust a fart. TMI, I know... but seriously.

Today things are going ok... kids are gone to their grandparents for Thanksgiving, so I'm just relaxing and will probably do that the rest of the day!

So excited we’re through!! I had the same experience with sleep. I slept the first 2.5 days and today it was a switch flipped and I’m awake and much better. So excited!!!

9 minutes ago, Lanie Hardy said:

So excited we’re through!! I had the same experience with sleep. I slept the first 2.5 days and today it was a switch flipped and I’m awake and much better. So excited!!!

YAY! I'm glad yours went well also! So excited to watch the lbs drop- I gained 8 lbs in the hospital, hoping it's Fluid. lol

1 minute ago, FireEMT710 said:

YAY! I'm glad yours went well also! So excited to watch the lbs drop- I gained 8 lbs in the hospital, hoping it's Fluid. lol

I didn’t weigh right after, but that could feel deflating. Super impressed with your fantastic attitude! We got this!!

It's wishful thinking... I mean, I haven't eaten anything I wasn't supposed to, and they pushed fluids through iv pretty hard core for almost 36 hours. Plus my period had to start... fingers crossed! first post op appointment on monday. One of my incisions also looks like a big orange sized hole, and I did not sign up for any extra studies. It was the one where I had the drain until I was discharged.

Just now, FireEMT710 said:

It's wishful thinking... I mean, I haven't eaten anything I wasn't supposed to, and they pushed fluids through iv pretty hard core for almost 36 hours. Plus my period had to start... fingers crossed! first post op appointment on monday. One of my incisions also looks like a big orange sized hole, and I did not sign up for any extra studies. It was the one where I had the drain until I was discharged.

I didn’t have a drain put in, my insurance would only cover a 24 hr hospital stay. They did push fluids hard core. So I’m curious about the orange sized pit. Maybe that’s normal? Is it hurting you still? Period on top?!? That’s not even playing fair! Hope you see the fluids drop soon!

1 minute ago, Lanie Hardy said:

I didn’t have a drain put in, my insurance would only cover a 24 hr hospital stay. They did push fluids hard core. So I’m curious about the orange sized pit. Maybe that’s normal? Is it hurting you still? Period on top?!? That’s not even playing fair! Hope you see the fluids drop soon!

Wow, my doctor requires a 2 night stay.. and there's no way I would have been ok to go home Tuesday. Is your pit thing on the left lower part of your belly? I suspect that's because it was the business end of it all? Not really sure. It actually has stitches, vs the rest are just glued, at least on the surface.

1 minute ago, FireEMT710 said:

Wow, my doctor requires a 2 night stay.. and there's no way I would have been ok to go home Tuesday. Is your pit thing on the left lower part of your belly? I suspect that's because it was the business end of it all? Not really sure. It actually has stitches, vs the rest are just glued, at least on the surface.

It’s on my right lower abs. Interesting how different and the same things are. My doctor requires 2 nights too, but insurance refused... I definitely wasn’t ready to go home! But it’s been okay.

On 11/26/2020 at 23:26, Lanie Hardy said:

Well I’m through! I’m in serious pain. I have to have help to get up, down, use the bathroom... I signed up to be part of a study, it was for pre and post-op blood work and a few fat cells removed during surgery. I didn’t expect a few fat cells would turn into an orange size scoop out of my stomach! So advice, say no!!! to studies with vague language like few fat cells!!! I think this is the cause of all my pain.

My other incisions are almost no pain at all!! I finally was able to have a few bowel movements today. Whew! I haven’t thrown up yay! I’ve eaten and drunk Water way less then I should. But today, I’ve kept down 4Tbls chicken puréed with broth and Protein supplement. About half a Protein Shake and about 17 oz of Water.< br />
I didn’t expect the intubation tubing they did during surgery to cause my nose to be so gross. Which has caused sneezing = Pain. I was like why did I do this!! But I was able to step on the scale yesterday so 2.5 days post surgery and I’d lost about 5 lbs! It has helped to know this pain has a purpose.

I’m being very specific because I think the better prepared we are for surgery the better we will recover. Thanks for everyone’s support!

I have been waiting for your update!!! Glad to know over all your doing okay. Make sure to get your fluids in🙌🙌🙌

9 hours ago, FireEMT710 said:

I went up after surgery also. And down 5 pounds only after 1 week. I'll take it! It is going down! I found the Fluid retention from the hospital took about 3 days (out of hospital) to get rid of.

Had mine on Tuesday. Feel like I’m dying 😵

9 hours ago, Lanie Hardy said:

Well I’m through! I’m in serious pain. I have to have help to get up, down, use the bathroom... I signed up to be part of a study, it was for pre and post-op blood work and a few fat cells removed during surgery. I didn’t expect a few fat cells would turn into an orange size scoop out of my stomach! So advice, say no!!! to studies with vague language like few fat cells!!! I think this is the cause of all my pain.
My other incisions are almost no pain at all!! I finally was able to have a few bowel movements today. Whew! I haven’t thrown up yay! I’ve eaten and drunk Water way less then I should. But today, I’ve kept down 4Tbls chicken puréed with broth and Protein supplement. About half a Protein Shake and about 17 oz of Water.< br /> I didn’t expect the intubation tubing they did during surgery to cause my nose to be so gross. Which has caused sneezing = Pain. I was like why did I do this!! But I was able to step on the scale yesterday so 2.5 days post surgery and I’d lost about 5 lbs! It has helped to know this pain has a purpose.
I’m being very specific because I think the better prepared we are for surgery the better we will recover. Thanks for everyone’s support!

So glad all went well, except for the pain. When you say orange size scoop - is that internal or you see it externa? Like, you have a dent the size of an orange?

8 minutes ago, Jokersgirl said:

Had mine on Tuesday. Feel like I’m dying 😵

Oh no!!! Are you in that much pain?

3 hours ago, Nurse Crystal said:

I have been waiting for your update!!! Glad to know over all your doing okay. Make sure to get your fluids in🙌🙌🙌

Thank you. I know I should be!!! Thanks for the cheerleading! I need it!!

Today is a new day! I’m still in a lot of pain I’m going to call in to adjust my meds. I have serious back issues. I hadn’t laid on my back in years. I now am sitting in a recliner unless I’m up walking and I think that’s part of my pain. I was on Percocet before surgery 3 times a day just to keep my nerve pain/back pain in check. I’m a lower dose of Tylenol and pain pill then before surgery. It’s not working... I’m going to see if I can change dose or meds . Hopeful I feel better soon!!

2 minutes ago, Lanie Hardy said:

Today is a new day! I’m still in a lot of pain I’m going to call in to adjust my meds. I have serious back issues. I hadn’t laid on my back in years. I now am sitting in a recliner unless I’m up walking and I think that’s part of my pain. I was on Percocet before surgery 3 times a day just to keep my nerve pain/back pain in check. I’m a lower dose of Tylenol and pain pill then before surgery. It’s not working... I’m going to see if I can change dose or meds . Hopeful I feel better soon!!

I was given percocet and told only to take it if needed. And Tylenol for if I am in mild pain. I took percocet twice after surgery...once day of surgery and my first day at home. Hopefully you will get a higher pain killer than you currently have.