Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

6 minutes ago, Nurse Crystal said:

I have not had surgery yet. I had the sleeve in 2013. I have a hernia and horrible reflux now so converting to a bypass

Ohhhhh!! I get it now. food is causing the reflux. I'm sorry for your pain. when is your surgery?

I had the lapband and it caused heartburn/reflux. I was woken up every night with liquid in my throat and would have to throw it up. I was on meds for about 6 years until I said enough. I had my surgery on Thursday and the surgeon said there was quite a bit of scar tissue where the band was which made the surgery more challenging. But it is done. I haven't felt one bit of heartburn or reflux since and it is amazing! Cant wait until you have it done!

15 hours ago, Nurse Crystal said:

I was never put on a pre-op diet this time other the liquid diet 1-2 days before surgery. I’m not taking much in now. Anything I eat I end up throwing up so my intake isn’t good. If I can keep a Protein Shake down a day I’m doing good. My reflux is just so bad.

Definitely call the dr. And let them know. - maybe they will be able to give you something to help with digestion. Maybe there is something that needs corrected, you just don’t know, so it’s best they know what’s going on. Hope it’s something minor for you, but don’t delay. I wasn’t following my diet about a week after surgery, and I was so weak and tired, and I found out through experience ya gotta stick to the program😟. And if you can’t right now they really need to know. Hope that helps.

On 11/23/2020 at 08:46, TrueNorth1 said:

Ohhhhh!! I get it now. food is causing the reflux. I'm sorry for your pain. when is your surgery?

I had the lapband and it caused heartburn/reflux. I was woken up every night with liquid in my throat and would have to throw it up. I was on meds for about 6 years until I said enough. I had my surgery on Thursday and the surgeon said there was quite a bit of scar tissue where the band was which made the surgery more challenging. But it is done. I haven't felt one bit of heartburn or reflux since and it is amazing! Cant wait until you have it done!

It was suppose to be today but got canceled due to COVID and I don’t have a reschedule date yet.

On 11/23/2020 at 08:54, Grammie2 said:

Definitely call the dr. And let them know. - maybe they will be able to give you something to help with digestion. Maybe there is something that needs corrected, you just don’t know, so it’s best they know what’s going on. Hope it’s something minor for you, but don’t delay. I wasn’t following my diet about a week after surgery, and I was so weak and tired, and I found out through experience ya gotta stick to the program😟. And if you can’t right now they really need to know. Hope that helps.

I have not had surgery yet. Having surgery to fix the problem.

8 minutes ago, Nurse Crystal said:

I have not had surgery yet. Having surgery to fix the problem.

Ooooooooooohhhhh!! Lol oh my, so sorry you have to deal with that! Hope all goes well, and you can get relief! That must be really discouraging . I wish you full success and complete recovery!💕

Hey , I just had my surgery last Thursday, now day 4 post op 🙈....a lot of abdominal pains and gas I don’t know what to eat help! How long does this pain last 😭

8 hours ago, natashab said:

Hey , I just had my surgery last Thursday, now day 4 post op 🙈....a lot of abdominal pains and gas I don’t know what to eat help! How long does this pain last 😭

Hi Natasha....I am the same date as you, last Thursday. I have been taking gasx as soon as I feel the gas pain and it goes away pretty quick. Try to make a point of walking around your house for 10-15 minutes every hour. The movement moves the gas.
I have been having Premier Protein shakes, butternut squash Soup and Water. I never feel gas from the Protein Shakes but I start to feel it after the butternut squash soup.
I have been very careful with portion at a time and making sure I walk around and I don’t have any pain except for gas once a day. The worst gas pain I had was right after surgery...Thursday and Friday.
let me know if that works for you!

On 11/24/2020 at 02:42, natashab said:

Hiya, like you and True North, I also had my surgery on Thursday. I’m still suffering with pain on my left side. I’m just resting and taking the pain meds to help with that. With regards to gas pain, I was in agony with them the other day. I’m just trying to walk around a little and I’ve found a hot water bottle is amazing in helping stop the pain. Haven’t had pain from gas yesterday or today so I’m hoping I’m over that hurdle! I do think everyone is different though so I’m trying not to measure my progress against anyone else! I’m drinking lots of Water and I’m pretty much living on Soup although I can’t manage much at the moment.

Just had my 1 week Dr check up today. I only did a 2 day pre op liquid diet and down 12.5 lbs in 1 week. Feeling great! Normal incision twinges but I had my first meal and I’m so happy there was no pain or issues. 2 tbsp of cottage cheese & 1/4 cup butternut squash Soup was perfect. Not feeling “hungry” but enjoyed the taste. At week 1 I’m feeling very happy & I continuing the process.

3 hours ago, Princess_Buttercup said:

Today is surgery day for me! We are going to be leaving here soon. So incredibly nervous (and excited)! I’m still in shock that surgery didn’t get canceled due to covid and am so very thankful. Wish me luck ☺️

Good luck Buttercup!! Excited for you!!

9 hours ago, Luna805 said:

Just had my 1 week Dr check up today. I only did a 2 day pre op liquid diet and down 12.5 lbs in 1 week. Feeling great! Normal incision twinges but I had my first meal and I’m so happy there was no pain or issues. 2 tbsp of cottage cheese & 1/4 cup butternut squash Soup was perfect. Not feeling “hungry” but enjoyed the taste. At week 1 I’m feeling very happy & I continuing the process.

Way to go on the weight loss! Congrats on your surgery. I am 3 weeks down, and things are going good for me as well. Sounds like you’re moving right along! Keep up the good work!

9 hours ago, Luna805 said:

That is amazing Luna! Gosh, my surgery date weight was 188.8 on Nov. 19th and today November 25 I am 184. Its not coming off as fast for me as you! Lucky girl! I am happy my weight loss is going down though...I have all the patience in the world right now:)

I bet switching to the pureed stage was great but also scary. we neve rknow how our bodies will react. I am looking forward to Friday to "try" something new other than Soup and Protein shakes!

Keep us updated with your progress and any new yummy foods you tried!

1 minute ago, TrueNorth1 said:

That is amazing Luna! Gosh, my surgery date weight was 188.8 on Nov. 19th and today November 25 I am 184. Its not coming off as fast for me as you! Lucky girl! I am happy my weight loss is going down though...I have all the patience in the world right now:)

I bet switching to the pureed stage was great but also scary. we neve rknow how our bodies will react. I am looking forward to Friday to "try" something new other than Soup and Protein shakes!

Keep us updated with your progress and any new yummy foods you tried!

I’ve also been going in 4 lb. increments since surgery. And you’re right, at least we are going in the right direction! Hope it can continue as I head into eating regular food!!

Hi I had a revision to bypass on 11/9