Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

16 hours ago, JTSC said:

I’m Nov 2019. One year yesterday. It’s amazing and you will feel awesome In one year. I’ve lost 147 lbs and that’s almost half my weight. Hang in there this month and next. It will get better! Good luck! 🙂

Wow!!! Thats truly amazing. Im 13 days post op and thank you for posting this.

Luna805, for some reason I can’t figure out how to quote your post. But my hospital stay was 2 nights plus the entirety of one more day. Went home at night. I had pain for a few days, the worst on the first day. But I was on my period and that made matters worse.

Hi all - I'm the 23rd November as well. So far, it's a go (but still worrying about cancellations due to Covid as I know many of you are, too). Did my lab-work today (blood test, COVID screen), planning a weekend of focus, self-care, and ritual to Celebrate this new beginning, and then off to the hospital Monday morning at 6am.

Hi, I had my mini gastric bypass surgery yesterday. Feeling tired and sore but otherwise ok. Converted from a gastric band which I had 7.5 years ago. Lost lots of weight but unfortunately put it back on so hoping this time I can really get to grips with the lifestyle changes to lose and keep it off.

1 hour ago, shellzuk said:

Hi, I had my mini gastric bypass surgery yesterday. Feeling tired and sore but otherwise ok. Converted from a gastric band which I had 7.5 years ago. Lost lots of weight but unfortunately put it back on so hoping this time I can really get to grips with the lifestyle changes to lose and keep it off.

Hi Shellzuk. I did also. I’m having troubles keeping liquid down. I put a teaspoon in a shot glass of Water, and drink a teaspoon. I fill it stays in my chest. How are you doing?

Well I’m home and everything went great! The surgical gas pains are still a little bothersome but I’m dealing with it. food doesn’t even sound good so I’m very happy with my water/Gatorade zero & premier shakes. One hurdle over and going to learn each day on how to do this right.

Hi all ! I am having sleeve to gastric bypass revision on 11/23 . I had VSG done at the end of 2017. I lost 100lbs with the sleeve. I was short of my final goal but I was still happy with my results .

I developed bile reflux this year and my surgeon felt this was the best way to treat it . I’m not really looking forward to surgery but I’ll be happy without the reflux and extra medicine I have to take.

I’m nervous but I’m ready to get it over with .

Good luck everyone !

Had COVID test today(NEGATIVE), phone pre-op, and found out my arrival time is 830am MONDAY!! OMG I can't believe it's almost here! The pre-op diet sucks... I haven't lost near as much as I thought I would, only about 10 lbs so far. My period started, but that shouldn't have much of an impact on it, or I wouldn't think so anyway. I've been so nervous that they would call it off for one reason or another. Now, the only reason I can see that they would call it off would be if they called off elective surgeries, but it doesn't sound like they will.

On 11/20/2020 at 22:24, TrueNorth1 said:

Hi Shellzuk. I did also. I’m having troubles keeping liquid down. I put a teaspoon in a shot glass of Water, and drink a teaspoon. I fill it stays in my chest. How are you doing?

I can’t drink much but not really struggling to keep it down. First night at home last night and it was ok. In a little pain now so hoping a few drugs will take that off. How’s your pain?

2 hours ago, shellzuk said:

I can’t drink much but not really struggling to keep it down. First night at home last night and it was ok. In a little pain now so hoping a few drugs will take that off. How’s your pain?

Hi Shellzuk...my pain is low. It’s more aches than pain. I find it is hard to get comfortable in a position in bed or on the couch. But once I find it, I’m good. I have only taken pain meds once per day at night to allow me to sleep. I only sleep for 2-3 hours at a time throughout the day. This is now day 3....I feel much better today. I will try a little Protein Shake today and see how that works. I’m excited to see the scale go down. I went up after surgery but I’m reading that is common with the fluids they keep you on in the hospital.

17 hours ago, TrueNorth1 said:

Wow! YOU ARE BRAVE! I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST, SHELLZUK & True North!

I had my mini gastric bypass on 17 November. They were threatening to cancel it but it went ahead in the end. I’m struggling quite a bit with nausea, pain and fatigue, but everyone keeps telling me it will pass. I certainly hope so!

9 minutes ago, JaneW24 said:

I had my mini gastric bypass on 17 November. They were threatening to cancel it but it went ahead in the end. I’m struggling quite a bit with nausea, pain and fatigue, but everyone keeps telling me it will pass. I certainly hope so!

Yes, I felt the same yesterday. Not really with pain...I just have aches, and not in the surgery area. It is the air/gas trapped inside. I’m feeling great today. I heated up my chocolate Protein Shake and have been sipping 30ml every 10 minutes. Whatever it takes. I think the first 4 weeks -8 weeks will be the most challenging. Figuring out what works and how much. I’m walking around a lot. Even put in laundry!! Now I will relax.

On 11/21/2020 at 16:36, TrueNorth1 said:

Yes, I felt the same yesterday. Not really with pain...I just have aches, and not in the surgery area. It is the air/gas trapped inside. I’m feeling great today. I heated up my chocolate Protein Shake and have been sipping 30ml every 10 minutes. Whatever it takes. I think the first 4 weeks -8 weeks will be the most challenging. Figuring out what works and how much. I’m walking around a lot. Even put in laundry!! Now I will relax.

Wow that’s impressive! I’ve got pain on my left side underneath my boob which is making me struggle and I just feel weak. Haven’t started on Protein Shakes yet though. Just had some sugar free jelly and managed about 30 ml of that. I know I just need to give myself chance to heal but I’m impatient!