Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

12 minutes ago, FireEMT710 said:

Things are getting better. I've been able to get up and down as long as I cradle my belly, especially on the left where my drain was and I have stitches. Emotionally, I'm feeling pretty forgotten. Several of my friends and family members know I had surgery... no one has checked on me since I got home on Wednesday. Yesterday i reached out to 4 friends, and my sister (who lives around the corner... like 1/4 of a mile) and asked if someone could get me a cup of egg drop Soup (it's on my allowed list and sounds soooo good)... and my sister was too busy decorating for christmas, and only 1 friend answered.... and she was home and she lives farther away than the rest so I understand that. But oh well. I'm ok.

Hmm; egg drop Soup does sound good! I’m sorry people haven’t really been there for you. I personally haven’t really shared it with family, one girlfriend, my sister, and a cousin know. I’ve sworn them all to secrecy! I figured it would be better and easier for me if I didn’t have to answer each nosey family member’s questions every time I see them... where do you love, which state? If you’re in the Phoenix area, I will bring you some soup! :)

Edited by PrettyBrown

On 11/1/2020 at 3:35 PM, Hellie1028 said:

I’m 11/30 RNY with Dr Patrick Gatmaitan in Pensacola FL. I have to do one week pre diet, which is Clear Liquids only. It’s definitely going to be a challenge thanksgiving.

Edited by newmenov20

6 minutes ago, PrettyBrown said:

Hmm; egg drop Soup does sound good! I’m sorry people haven’t really been there for you. I personally haven’t really shared it with family, one girlfriend, my sister, and a cousin know. I’ve sworn them all to secrecy! I figured it would be better and easier for me if I didn’t have to answer each nosey family member’s questions every time I see them... where do you love, which state? If you’re in the Phoenix area, I will bring you some soup! :)

Aw, thank you. I live in southern missouri. I've driven so I could have gone and gotten it but needed pain meds yesterday, so I didn't take the risk.

Most of the people I told have had some variance of WLS, but I suspect that my friends and sis may be jealous, because they all struggle with weight, and in the past we've done crazy diets together.

10 minutes ago, FireEMT710 said:

Aw, thank you. I live in southern missouri. I've driven so I could have gone and gotten it but needed pain meds yesterday, so I didn't take the risk.

Most of the people I told have had some variance of WLS, but I suspect that my friends and sis may be jealous, because they all struggle with weight, and in the past we've done crazy diets together.

I'm sorry to hear. You trusted them and they aren't there for you. That just sucks.

I didnt tell a soul except for 1 girlfriend who we had the lapband together. She may also be doing the revision so it kind of worked. My clinic would not do surgery unless I had a witness signing my documents and someone picking me up after surgery. So I had to tell 1 person. Otherwise, I would say nothing. People are funny. I didn't want any questions or sabotage. I'm on this journey with all of you!!!

We are here for you EMT!!

3 hours ago, FireEMT710 said:

It is amazing that you are able to see the possible side of theirs! Kudos to you! But yes, I suspect that may be part of why I didn’t want to share my news; their reactions would turn me off from them. I commend you and congratulate you for being willing to take this big step for your health! I won’t forget you! I mentioned to another person if you’d like to have a regularly scheduled check in, so that none of us ever have to feel forgotten? LMK what you think? I could use the support also 😁!

21 hours ago, Lanie Hardy said:

Congratulations!!! What’s working best for you right now?

I think I'm yet to find what's working best for me. I've got a lot of head hunger going on for some of my old favorites *coughredrobinbanzaiburgercough,* but I'm working on changing my thinking. The entrance of refried Beans and eggs at the pureed stage felt like a lifesaver. I'm mainly just focusing on making sure I'm getting all the Vitamins in every day, and liquid/protein goals. I'm tracking in My Fitness Pal to make sure the latter two areas are getting met. I'm also letting my body rest as it needs to and not doing anything too strenuous.

How are you holding up? I recall still being really tired around six days post-op...

Monday I had my postop visit and got the stitches taken out and released to pureed foods. Anyone not poop yet? I had a little bit of diarrhea the first day or two home, but nothing since then.As I'm now eating a bit, I thought I would. I don't know that I'm uncomfortable from needing to, and still passing gas, so not worried.

1 hour ago, FireEMT710 said:

Monday I had my postop visit and got the stitches taken out and released to pureed foods. Anyone not poop yet? I had a little bit of diarrhea the first day or two home, but nothing since then.As I'm now eating a bit, I thought I would. I don't know that I'm uncomfortable from needing to, and still passing gas, so not worried.

I had some issues the first 3 days. But since I have been regular - way smaller but regular. I checked in when I had issues at 3 days and was told after 2-3 days if nothing, we should be taking a stool softener. Apparently it is very common but should not let it go past 3 days. Walking helps as well.

On 11/29/2020 at 2:54 PM, FireEMT710 said:

Things are getting better. I've been able to get up and down as long as I cradle my belly, especially on the left where my drain was and I have stitches. Emotionally, I'm feeling pretty forgotten. Several of my friends and family members know I had surgery... no one has checked on me since I got home on Wednesday. Yesterday i reached out to 4 friends, and my sister (who lives around the corner... like 1/4 of a mile) and asked if someone could get me a cup of egg drop Soup (it's on my allowed list and sounds soooo good)... and my sister was too busy decorating for christmas, and only 1 friend answered.... and she was home and she lives farther away than the rest so I understand that. But oh well. I'm ok.

I’m so sorry! You’re remembered here! I don’t think people who haven’t had surgery understand just how awful it can be! Yay on more mobility!!! Hang in there!

I’ve been MIA for a minute. My Dad just passed away. He was diagnosed with cancer and passed within 3 weeks. I’ve cried my head off, I did get to see him one more for a day before surgery. I’ve felt so sorry for myself and even told my daughter “You should be able to eat whatever you want when your Dad dies.” This has been so hard and good for me to be challenged this early in, I’m having to find other things to comfort and connect other then food. Sorry I’ve disappeared. I’ve not gone off plan, but I’m having a hard time making myself eat. Since I don’t feel hungry, it’s easy to get pulled into sorrow and avoid life. Having this group here gives me strength! Thank you for all of your stories and strength and determination to keep going! We got this!!

4 hours ago, Lanie Hardy said:

I’ve been MIA for a minute. My Dad just passed away. He was diagnosed with cancer and passed within 3 weeks. I’ve cried my head off, I did get to see him one more for a day before surgery. I’ve felt so sorry for myself and even told my daughter “You should be able to eat whatever you want when your Dad dies.” This has been so hard and good for me to be challenged this early in, I’m having to find other things to comfort and connect other then food. Sorry I’ve disappeared. I’ve not gone off plan, but I’m having a hard time making myself eat. Since I don’t feel hungry, it’s easy to get pulled into sorrow and avoid life. Having this group here gives me strength! Thank you for all of your stories and strength and determination to keep going! We got this!!

Oh Laine, I am so sorry to hear. That’s very sad. I’m sending you virtual hugs. 🤗

Hello 👋🏾

I also had my bypass done on Nov 23rd in Fremont CA. I was on a horrible 2 week liquid diet before hand. I am currently on the stage 2 puréed foods. I’m having such a hard time getting anything in especially my Protein. I used to love the premade shakes before surgery but now I can’t tolerate them. I thought I was so prepared for this but nope my body doesn’t like anything I used to like before surgery so it’s been an interesting 9 days.

8 hours ago, Lanie Hardy said:

Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that!

22 hours ago, TrueNorth1 said:

I had some issues the first 3 days. But since I have been regular - way smaller but regular. I checked in when I had issues at 3 days and was told after 2-3 days if nothing, we should be taking a stool softener. Apparently it is very common but should not let it go past 3 days. Walking helps as well.

I finally pooped yesterday. lol Figures I would complain about it, and then it happens. I need to dig out my paper and see what stool softeners are allowed though. I haven't had a chance to intentionally "go walking" but man, for this being a week I'm supposed to be recovering, I have TONS of appointments and things that I have to do. I want a day to just relax... lol

7 hours ago, Luckz said:

Hello 👋🏾

I also had my bypass done on Nov 23rd in Fremont CA. I was on a horrible 2 week liquid diet before hand. I am currently on the stage 2 puréed foods. I’m having such a hard time getting anything in especially my Protein. I used to love the premade shakes before surgery but now I can’t tolerate them. I thought I was so prepared for this but nope my body doesn’t like anything I used to like before surgery so it’s been an interesting 9 days.

Hi Luckz! I had mine on 11/24. Yes, I also cannot tolerate the Protein Shakes now, they honestly disgust me. Don’t tell my hubby that, he just bought me two more cases. My dietician suggested that if you don’t like something initially, to give it a second try 7 days later. It’s supposed to be better the second time. They just stare at me now whenever I open the fridge. 🤣 have you tried Protein Powder? I got the GENEPRO one, it’s a little more expensive than the others, but my dietician says this is one of the best. I honestly got it only because it was unflavored, I hoped I’d be able to throw it in anything I ate to help get the Protein numbers in each day. I mix it with cottage cheese and it’s been delightful! What do you like these days? Anything that’s worked for you?? I’m all ears!