Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

21 minutes ago, TrueNorth1 said:

I was given percocet and told only to take it if needed. And Tylenol for if I am in mild pain. I took percocet twice after surgery...once day of surgery and my first day at home. Hopefully you will get a higher pain killer than you currently have.

I feel like a baby! But we’re all different and it’s like my body can handle no pain at all anymore. My family says they see incremental improvements, so I’m hopeful! Like I’m back on here I could do that at first. Yay!

5 minutes ago, Lanie Hardy said:

I feel like a baby! But we’re all different and it’s like my body can handle no pain at all anymore. My family says they see incremental improvements, so I’m hopeful! Like I’m back on here I could do that at first. Yay!

NOOOOO...You are doing amazing! Its so new. You are healing. It is so important to give your body what it needs...sleep, rest, fuel.....and you are doing that. If you are in pain, you can't rest properly, sleep properly or fuel yourself properly. Get what you need for a fantastic recovery!

On 10/31/2020 at 2:44 AM, Lanie Hardy said:

Hey I’m scheduled for bypass November 23rd. Anyone else that same time frame? I’d like to build a group if anyone is interested in going through this as a team?

I had my bypass on 11/23 too!

How’s everyone’s week gone!! Thinking about all of you and hoping as we pull into the home stretch this weekend everyone is feeling good!! Happy Saturday.

Hi!! I had mine done November 23!!

I’m doing good! Into the next stage of foods....kind of doing a mix of puréed and soft. It’s all a new challenge. I downloaded a meal tracking app to make sure I am getting my Protein in, Water in and tracking calories. It’s work!! I feel I am setting my timer all day long to tell me to have my next meal, my water, go for a walk....I hope this all becomes routine!!

On 11/28/2020 at 11:35, TrueNorth1 said:

I’m doing good! Into the next stage of foods....kind of doing a mix of puréed and soft. It’s all a new challenge. I downloaded a meal tracking app to make sure I am getting my Protein in, Water in and tracking calories. It’s work!! I feel I am setting my timer all day long to tell me to have my next meal, my Water, go for a walk....I hope this all becomes routine!!

I’m also tracking everything! Trying to find the right balance is hard. All the liquids in make me too full for food so I’m still trying to figure it out. Do you measure out your food at meals? I’m using 1/4 cup for measurements and just seeing if anyone else uses more or less?

2 hours ago, Luna805 said:

I’m also tracking everything! Trying to find the right balance is hard. All the liquids in make me too full for food so I’m still trying to figure it out. Do you measure out your food at meals? I’m using 1/4 cup for measurements and just seeing if anyone else uses more or less?

This is what I did today and all went well:

7:30am- 9:30am-decaf coffee with 1tbl of skim milk. 16 oz of Water.

9:30am: 1 hard boiled egg smashed up with a teaspoon of low fat miracle whip

i then waited 30 minutes before any water.

10am-11am- one hour of water. 16oz

12pm: 1/4 cup refried Beans (fat free), with fat free cottage cheese and 1tablespoon of shredded/puréed chicken. Total meal was 1/2 cup. I ate very slow over about 20-25 minutes.

1pm-2pm- just an hour of water. 16 oz.

30 minute walk

Decaf tea and water.

4pm - 85g small tin of flavoured tuna with 1 tablespoon of low fat red pepper and Tomato Soup.

Wait 30 minutes to drink water. 1 hour of water.

30 minute walk

6:30pm Protein Shake - 355 ml, 160 cal and 30 g of Protein.

after 7:30 just water and tea.

total day: 497 calories and 73g of protein and 10-12 glasses of water.

10 hours ago, TrueNorth1 said:

I’m doing good! Into the next stage of foods....kind of doing a mix of puréed and soft. It’s all a new challenge. I downloaded a meal tracking app to make sure I am getting my Protein in, Water in and tracking calories. It’s work!! I feel I am setting my timer all day long to tell me to have my next meal, my Water, go for a walk....I hope this all becomes routine!!

You should try the BariTastic app! My program uses this. It’s pretty helpful! They even have recipes too!

50 minutes ago, PrettyBrown said:

You should try the BariTastic app! My program uses this. It’s pretty helpful! They even have recipes too!

Oh wow....I just did. That’s a great app! I will use. Thank you for the suggestion 😋

Hi everyone!

I had gastric bypass on 11/3. Got lucky as they started cancelling surgeries about two weeks later. I’m feeling pretty good - currently in the puréed food phase but moving to soft foods Wednesday!

1 hour ago, Blue Crystal said:

Hi everyone!

I had gastric bypass on 11/3. Got lucky as they started cancelling surgeries about two weeks later. I’m feeling pretty good - currently in the puréed food phase but moving to soft foods Wednesday!

Congratulations!!! What’s working best for you right now?

5 minutes ago, Lanie Hardy said:

Congratulations!!! What’s working best for you right now?

Ditto!! Any things that worked help get you thru the purée diet? I did a purée 2 days home from hospital, I think seeing it grossed me out and I was able to get only 3 small spoon-tips in before I felt nauseous. Any tips or recipes that have worked for you would be so appreciated!! I’m so happy that you’re almost off the purée diet!

Things are getting better. I've been able to get up and down as long as I cradle my belly, especially on the left where my drain was and I have stitches. Emotionally, I'm feeling pretty forgotten. Several of my friends and family members know I had surgery... no one has checked on me since I got home on Wednesday. Yesterday i reached out to 4 friends, and my sister (who lives around the corner... like 1/4 of a mile) and asked if someone could get me a cup of egg drop Soup (it's on my allowed list and sounds soooo good)... and my sister was too busy decorating for christmas, and only 1 friend answered.... and she was home and she lives farther away than the rest so I understand that. But oh well. I'm ok.