Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

22 hours ago, Luna805 said:

How is everyone holding up? Any victories or struggles to share? I had an opportunity to go to work with my husband and experience a ride along. Halfway through the day I realized that I fit comfortably in the car with seatbelt, I was able to walk/hike without being winded and my mind wasn’t obsessing on what I was going to eat next. This whole new person has emerged and I can’t believe it sometimes. 55 lbs down and just doing my best to enjoy the new journey.

Hi Everyone!

I feel great! I am down to 147. Another 15 to go. It has been relatively easy but I did work at it. I feel I am now introducing things into my diet I wasn't before so the loss may be less. And I am ok with that. My focus right now is to tone, do weights, and HIIT classes as I am certainly seeing the crepey skin. That I am sure will be my next adventure....feeling comfortable in my new skin. I need to do whatever I can to reduce that look. I plan to do some skin tightening laser treatments to see how that helps. So I feel if it takes me 3 months to get off the last 15-17 pounds but I am working out and seeing definition, I am good with it!

Butttttttt.....BEST decision I EVER made!!

I've been stuck since the "three week slump" for almost two months now. I've talked with my doctor and I'm scheduled to talk with a nutritionist next week. I eat between 800-1200 calories a day. I get plenty of Protein. Getting enough fluids is challenging but I still get in at least 60 ounces a day and most days are closer to 80. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm not running 3 miles a day but I am active. I would really welcome any advice!

Have you thought about going back to the beginning with the liquid diet and staying on that for a week or two and see if that will jump start you again. I’m so sorry for your trouble. Sounds like you were doing great with your Water and Protein and calorie intake. Hope the suggestion will help. Good luck!

9 minutes ago, KarenVT said:

I've been stuck since the "three week slump" for almost two months now. I've talked with my doctor and I'm scheduled to talk with a nutritionist next week. I eat between 800-1200 calories a day. I get plenty of Protein. Getting enough fluids is challenging but I still get in at least 60 ounces a day and most days are closer to 80. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm not running 3 miles a day but I am active. I would really welcome any advice!

When I hit a plateau (which is every 2 weeks) I switch foods up. I find sometimes we eat the same food and maybe our bodies get used to it. I also go really low in carbs and sodium and come down to no more than 800 calories to get it moving again. Then it falls off. I find I hit a plateau, I see how it goes for 2 weeks, and then I push through with diet. Then 5 pounds falls off.

I eat hard boiled eggs, cucumber slices, salad with balsamic vinegar and lemon juice, tuna, chicken, cabbage. Very clean and basic and it falls off. Try that and see if it pushes you through.

4 hours ago, TrueNorth1 said:

When I hit a plateau (which is every 2 weeks) I switch foods up. I find sometimes we eat the same food and maybe our bodies get used to it. I also go really low in carbs and sodium and come down to no more than 800 calories to get it moving again. Then it falls off. I find I hit a plateau, I see how it goes for 2 weeks, and then I push through with diet. Then 5 pounds falls off.

I eat hard boiled eggs, cucumber slices, salad with balsamic vinegar and lemon juice, tuna, chicken, cabbage. Very clean and basic and it falls off. Try that and see if it pushes you through.

Thank you! I'll try this. I do go into food ruts a lot, eating the same things most days.

4 hours ago, Grammie2 said:

Have you thought about going back to the beginning with the liquid diet and staying on that for a week or two and see if that will jump start you again. I’m so sorry for your trouble. Sounds like you were doing great with your Water and Protein and calorie intake. Hope the suggestion will help. Good luck!

Thank you! I'm going to try going very low calorie (under 700) and low carb for a week but if that doesn't move things, I'll go back to all liquid. I appreciate your help!

1 hour ago, OAGBPal said:

I'd try the opposite approach of doubling down on restriction. At your weight, you're seriously in a caloric deficit at 800 (and 1,200) even if you lie in bed all day. But obviously, your body got good at being at that weight with that input.

I do agree with TrueNorth that our bodies seem to get used to what we do to it. Maybe switch it up on what you eat, how you exercise, find room to de-stress and take care of yourself. Up the fluids, up the Protein, up the calories for a few days to see what happens (surprise: it may be the opposite of what we'd think would happen! :) ).

I mean, all we have to lose is weight. But if 800 doesn't work, I'm sure you'll risk feeling like a failure. Why not start with 1,400 instead with new foods and other mix-ups in activity, sleep, mental balance. Then, if that doesn't get things moving, then go to 800 for a bit to see if another change on top of that works?

As a personal sidenote, I kinda do see why trying the liquid diet again is alluring. I'm just not sure it does anything good for our long-term relationship with food.

Hugs!

You're suggestion makes sense. when I hit my plateau, I am generally at 1200-1400 calories before I drop to 800 calories. The switch of calories and foods makes a difference...to me that is. So if you are at 800-1200 calories, go higher to give your body the shock and then drop back down.

More hugs!

On 03/09/2021 at 09:11, KarenVT said:

Just some things that work for me.. I track food in Baritastic app. My daily goal is Protein 60-80 grams and carbs 25-30 (ish). Staying low carb is what I think keeps the weight coming off. There can be other health reasons why your hitting a stall. But great job reaching out to the doctor and getting some nutrition advice. It’s a journey and hope you’ll be over this hurdle soon!

On 03/09/2021 at 07:42, TrueNorth1 said:

Hi Everyone!

I feel great! I am down to 147. Another 15 to go. It has been relatively easy but I did work at it. I feel I am now introducing things into my diet I wasn't before so the loss may be less. And I am ok with that. My focus right now is to tone, do weights, and HIIT classes as I am certainly seeing the crepey skin. That I am sure will be my next adventure....feeling comfortable in my new skin. I need to do whatever I can to reduce that look. I plan to do some skin tightening laser treatments to see how that helps. So I feel if it takes me 3 months to get off the last 15-17 pounds but I am working out and seeing definition, I am good with it!

Butttttttt.....BEST decision I EVER made!!

147?!!?? That’s AMAZING!! I’m just about to break into the 150’s and I seriously can’t believe it! Congrats on the weight loss. You’ve got to be feeling good!

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've checked in! I'm down to where I can wear just large leggings, size 14 jeans, and large or medium shirts. My smart scale now gets confused over if it's my big football playing kiddo on the scale who's gained a few or me who's lost weight! lol The kids and I went on vacation to Florida and it was nonstop on the go.. and I was able to keep up. I was able to ride every ride at universal/disney. I also was confident enough to walk around the beach in a 1 piece with no cover up! I'm loving life and SO close to being under 200 lbs, which has probably been like 15-17 years for me!

10 hours ago, FireEMT710 said:

Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I've checked in! I'm down to where I can wear just large leggings, size 14 jeans, and large or medium shirts. My smart scale now gets confused over if it's my big football playing kiddo on the scale who's gained a few or me who's lost weight! lol The kids and I went on vacation to Florida and it was nonstop on the go.. and I was able to keep up. I was able to ride every ride at universal/disney. I also was confident enough to walk around the beach in a 1 piece with no cover up! I'm loving life and SO close to being under 200 lbs, which has probably been like 15-17 years for me!

Good morning FireEM! Wow! What wonderful progress you’ve been making!
we had our surgeries in the same month! I am 5’3” and I’m in the same ballpark for sizes, my weight has come off slower, but consistent, so I’m not complaining! I, too am in a size 14-16, and I never thought I’d be excited about being in that size, but I actually am!! I started adding pounds on during menopause and ballooned from 160’s to over 200. But I am so thankful it’s been coming off, ONE POUND AT A TIME, but still losing, and we are both aiming for the same weight. We’ll get there! “Just keep swimming, swimming!” Lol!

I never got any notice that there was a reply lol Things are still going good! I broke the 200lb mark! It took a lot to hit it, but now I'm below that and I'm never looking back! Every once in a while, I get disappointed because it's slowed down.. but then I realize no matter what, I would have NEVER have been able to lose this much weight in 6 months... probably not even in a year. Just now my work schedule has changed so I'm going to join a gym and hope it picks up from here!

Great news! Just keep on keeping on, as they say! That’s all we can do! I’m still losing about 1 lb or 1-1/2 lbs a week, so as long as I’m losing I’m happy! I finally broke into the 150’s, and am presently at 154.6 yesterday. And we go out to eat several times a week and I’m retired. I still haven’t gotten into exercising yet, and I still don’t have the strength I used to but I may not at this age. I’m 69.
but you are doing great, so keep up the good work and join that gym!

Hi Everyone, how are things progressing? I'm more than half way to my goal. It's been a slow but steady loss.

Glad you are hanging in there! Keep working at it! I’ve been slow in my weightloss too, but still losing, and I’m very thankful for that! I am 15 lbs. from my goal, so I know it will still take awhile, but if I don’t lose another pound I am thankful for what I have lost and hope it continues. The dr. Told me at my 7 month visit that he was very pleased and said I shouldn’t want to lose much more because if I get sick I still have some weight to help. My goal is 135 or 130, I go back and forth about which one, and I’m presently at 145. I was 209 when I started, and it’s now been 9 mos. I started out the first few weeks losing 5 lbs at a week but that only lasted a couple weeks and suddenly I was down only 1-1-1/2 lbs. a week, and it has stayed that way ever since. But I fell a lot better than I did for the first couple months. I was always sooo tired. I have a lot more energy now and I can walk much better. I’m so very thankful I had this operation.