Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

7 hours ago, Grammie2 said:

I agree with True North, and congrats on your weightloss! You re moving right along. I am moving slower, but in the right direction.lol and I’m prolly a lot older. It’s all good, as they say. I’m just glad I am learning to stop eating before I eat too much and keeping my portion sizes at 1/2 cup.

As for your blood work, this really bothers me that you have to wait 6 mos. before they request bloodwork. (Bariatric, I mean) that is way to long to have to wait to find out what’s going on. I’m so glad your PCP requested it for you!
I hope my PCP will do that when I go back. I won’t be getting it done for Bariatric til MAY! Hope you get normal results from your blood work tomorrow. Keep up the great work! AWESOME!

Grammie, did you have your back operation?

Awww thank you for remembering! Yes I did, I must say the pain going down my leg is gone, although I still have pain in my knee, but I knew it wouldn’t take care of that. I may just see about getting Visco (?) shots in that knee joint. Oh my gosh what an experience it was! I felt like I was being electrocuted when I got the first set on each side of my spine. But that was to make sure they were hitting the right nerve and that the machine was fully warmed up! But after those two initial jolts on each side the others were much milder. I will prolly need it done once a year?? They say it lasts about that long before the nerves grow back. But who knows, maybe longer! But I won’t be afraid of it now I know what it’s like.

8 minutes ago, Grammie2 said:

Awww thank you for remembering! Yes I did, I must say the pain going down my leg is gone, although I still have pain in my knee, but I knew it wouldn’t take care of that. I may just see about getting Visco (?) shots in that knee joint. Oh my gosh what an experience it was! I felt like I was being electrocuted when I got the first set on each side of my spine. But that was to make sure they were hitting the right nerve and that the machine was fully warmed up! But after those two initial jolts on each side the others were much milder. I will prolly need it done once a year?? They say it lasts about that long before the nerves grow back. But who knows, maybe longer! But I won’t be afraid of it now I know what it’s like.

That's great news!! And off the meds? You must feel incredible!

I haven’t been on Celebrex since my surgery, and I was really missing it! I still have inflammation in my lower back, and my knee joint, but yes, I’m off inflammatory medicines. Hoping to go off blood pressure medicine, but I started having SVT’s about a year or so ago, and the medicine for that also helps manage my blood pressure as well, so I may not get off that for awhile.
The main things I’m on now is all these supplements, multi, B1, B12, Biotin, Fiber, stool softener, magnesium, potatassium., and finally probiotic. Oh yeah , pantoprazole for acid reflux, but the dr. said that’s good...........guess this is my new life, right? I can live with it....🙃 It’s expensive to buy all these supplements...

Thanks for asking tho - I think you got more info than you bargained for! Lol

I was a December sleeve. Is it ok to post here? I’m not getting any guidance from my doctor and feeling like I’m not doing things right. For the first two weeks, I lost some weight every day. As of tomorrow, it will be two weeks without losing an ounce. I rarely eat more than 600 calories a day. What am I doing wrong? I feel defeated.

7 hours ago, KarenVT said:

I was a December sleeve. Is it ok to post here? I’m not getting any guidance from my doctor and feeling like I’m not doing things right. For the first two weeks, I lost some weight every day. As of tomorrow, it will be two weeks without losing an ounce. I rarely eat more than 600 calories a day. What am I doing wrong? I feel defeated.

Hi Karen,

Do not feel defeated. For whatever reason, everyone at the 2-3 week mark hits a stall or plateau. If you search the site you will find this everywhere. We all go through it. In fact, I hit a plateau once a month. It lasts about 2 weeks. Then it drops. Just keep plowing through. Keep doing what you are doing and the results will come.

11 hours ago, Grammie2 said:

I haven’t been on Celebrex since my surgery, and I was really missing it! I still have inflammation in my lower back, and my knee joint, but yes, I’m off inflammatory medicines. Hoping to go off blood pressure medicine, but I started having SVT’s about a year or so ago, and the medicine for that also helps manage my blood pressure as well, so I may not get off that for awhile.
The main things I’m on now is all these supplements, multi, B1, B12, Biotin, Fiber, stool softener, magnesium, potatassium., and finally probiotic. Oh yeah , pantoprazole for acid reflux, but the dr. said that’s good...........guess this is my new life, right? I can live with it....🙃 It’s expensive to buy all these supplements...

Thanks for asking tho - I think you got more info than you bargained for! Lol

hahahahaha....I know....these supplements are not cheap! But yes, out new life. Agreed, we can live with it. We are so much healthier than previous:)

As my fav aunt used to say, “You got that right!” 👍🥰

1 hour ago, TrueNorth1 said:

Hi Karen,

Do not feel defeated. For whatever reason, everyone at the 2-3 week mark hits a stall or plateau. If you search the site you will find this everywhere. We all go through it. In fact, I hit a plateau once a month. It lasts about 2 weeks. Then it drops. Just keep plowing through. Keep doing what you are doing and the results will come.

Thank you! I hadn’t seen anyone post about that, just plateaus a few months in. I really appreciate it. My doctor doesn’t offer any resources beyond telling patients what to eat those first 30 days post op, so I feel like I’ve been flying blind.

1 minute ago, KarenVT said:

Thank you! I hadn’t seen anyone post about that, just plateaus a few months in. I really appreciate it. My doctor doesn’t offer any resources beyond telling patients what to eat those first 30 days post op, so I feel like I’ve been flying blind.

Yes, it can feel that way. This site is amazing for any questions. There is at least one person going through whatever you may be at the time! And tons of people that are at their goal and help out the newbies.

Each little step is going in the right direction. Saying no to foods I used to love, cooking new recipes, and trying to enjoy the journey. I do not see the weight coming off except in my face. But today I’m -45 lbs since surgery. Clothes fit better and I’m almost 1/2 way to my goal weight 🙌🏻

9 hours ago, Luna805 said:

Each little step is going in the right direction. Saying no to foods I used to love, cooking new recipes, and trying to enjoy the journey. I do not see the weight coming off except in my face. But today I’m -45 lbs since surgery. Clothes fit better and I’m almost 1/2 way to my goal weight 🙌🏻

Congratulations! At 45 pounds, for sure there is a difference. You probably don't notice in yourself but I am sure others do. Can you believe we are getting close to our goals? So good!!

How is everyone holding up? Any victories or struggles to share? I had an opportunity to go to work with my husband and experience a ride along. Halfway through the day I realized that I fit comfortably in the car with seatbelt, I was able to walk/hike without being winded and my mind wasn’t obsessing on what I was going to eat next. This whole new person has emerged and I can’t believe it sometimes. 55 lbs down and just doing my best to enjoy the new journey.

I too have had some encouraging happenings. With Covid dominating everything and not getting out much at all, it was great when we went to a wildlife refuge about an hour or so away and walked a path back to where the Snow Geese were on a lake there. Every year they come there on their way back to Canada, and it’s a beautiful sight to see. About 80,000 Snow Geese fly in to this place and hang out while they rest up for the rest of the trip home.
But walking that path back to the lake and then back to the parking lot I was soooo happy I managed to do it and only stopped once to sit for a minute, then finished the walk. I haven’t been able to do that for so long! It felt so good! Back in February I have a lower lumbar ablation done to get rid of pain in my sciatic nerve from my lower back to my knee. So with that being taken care of and my weight going down and my strength coming back I, too have much to be thankful for, and I’m feeling pretty good, Just got my first bloodwork back and all in in the normal range which really surprised me because I was concerned about my Protein level, but the PA said that was all in the normal range and I’m not showing any malnutrition! YAY!

• Good morning everyone. I pray all is well. I'm doing well, Just had one setback. I was in the hospital, had to have another surgery on yesterday. I was experiencing excruciating pain for about 4 weeks. I went the ER had a CAT scan they didn't see anything, the said I was having "muscle spasms.) so they gave me some pain medicine & nausea pills & sent me home. I still wasn't getting any relief. I couldn't eat anything; i felt like it was stuck at the top of my sternum. then I'd make myself throw up just to get relief. So i basically went back to the liquid diet to prevent that from happening. I called my surgeon was ordered to have a CAT scan with dye. Still everything looked normal. so he needed to go back into surgery so he could find something, an he did. when I had my bypass he removed a hiatal hernia. This time they removed a hidden which only be seen by going in. he also fixed some openings (spaces) he said because I've so much weight that sometimes happen. But aside from that, I feel amazing. I'm down 60 lbs. My coworkers have noticed a change in me. He put me back on a liquid diet, but little did he know I had already gotten back on that. I walk 6-7 miles a day, I got a gym membership, so yay! I Once I heal, I'll be back at it. I'm so proud of all of you. keep up the good work, We are blessed to be able to have this opportunity. I know a lot of people who wants this surgery, but their insurance won't approve it. Congratulations on all of your accomplishments.