Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

I'm so frustrated... my daughter had covid, we're still quarantined. Now I have a bit of a runny nose and am sneezing. I have no clue if I have COVID or a cold...

2 hours ago, FireEMT710 said:

I'm so frustrated... my daughter had covid, we're still quarantined. Now I have a bit of a runny nose and am sneezing. I have no clue if I have COVID or a cold...

That’s the worst!! Praying only a cold! Hope you feel better soon!

9 hours ago, FireEMT710 said:

Oh no! Viruses spread quickly indoors. Take care of yourself.

9 hours ago, FireEMT710 said:

isolate until you get tested, only way to know, then you can isolate if positive and keep everyone one else safe and contact anyone you have been in contact with in the last seven to ten days so they can isolate and get tested too if necessary.

4 hours ago, Hop_Scotch said:

isolate until you get tested, only way to know, then you can isolate if positive and keep everyone one else safe and contact anyone you have been in contact with in the last seven to ten days so they can isolate and get tested too if necessary.

I don't have enough symptoms to be tested yet. But we've been under quarantine since 12/2

On 12/9/2020 at 12:09 PM, Grammie2 said:

CONGRATS TO YOU!!!! That’s so encouraging!!! May it continue as you go through all this process! I’ve lost 4 lbs at a time but that’s it for me. And I’m not complaining- I’m happy with that!
I just started regular food, so now I don’t know what I’m in for!!🙏

Yay!! I thought the exact same immediately after surgery. I don’t feel that way anymore! I took a look at myself in the mirror, I can already see my figure and see what I’ll look like with an actual figure without the added baggage. 🥸 I am so excited and cannot believe I ever doubted! Thanks for sharing that!!

I had my sleeve/switch 11/20. I’m being completely compliant in every way and 3 weeks out and I’ve only lost 10 lbs. is that normal?? I’m freaking out 😩

Hi Jennie!
please don’t worry about the amount of weight you lost. Just keep keeping on, you have lost a very normal amount of weight for your time out from surgery! So many things go into determining weightloss, including that everyone is different. I am 6 weeks out from surgery and I only lost 20 lbs. since my surgery date, 23 lbs. total. I had been averaging 4 lbs. a week, until last week, I only lost 1 pound!! This week, only 2 lbs.!! So I broke my streak! I was bummed out too. But look - WE ARE STILL ON THE LOSING SIDE!!!. Some weeks are going to be like that. Some weeks will be a stall! Just keep doing what your doing ! You’re doing awesome!!

Thank you Grammie2! I guess I had this image of the weight pouring off. My husband also just underwent a double bypass surgery and is only home 4 days from the hospital and I’m wondering if all the stress is holding on to some of the weight. It’s nice to know I’m normal 😜👍

I had the same image as you!!! Then when I had my 6 week checkup my PA asked my weight - it was 188- she was pleasantly surprised! She had it prefigured out I would be between 196-197!! That made my day when I had been feeling like you!! No worries! We got this!!!

This morning I was 192! 26 lbs down from surgery. Goodbye 200’s! 🎉

1 hour ago, jenniebrick said:

I had my sleeve/switch 11/20. I’m being completely compliant in every way and 3 weeks out and I’ve only lost 10 lbs. is that normal?? I’m freaking out 😩

I am the same...mini gastric bypass on Nov 19 and down 10. I’m hoping it’s our normal. My dietitian says it’s normal and not to concentrate on the number but rather on quality food, portions and recovery and all will happen. Hard to not be focused on the weight loss but i am confident we will all get to where we want to be. ❤️

43 minutes ago, Luna805 said:

That’s an awesome feeling isn’t it!!! Well on your way!!!

2 hours ago, Luna805 said:

Whoot whoot! Congratulations!!

I’ve hit the dreaded stall! 3.5 weeks out from surgery so it was kind of expected but still really annoying. I’d hoped to lose another 10 lbs by Christmas but I can’t see that happening now. Anyone else in the same boat?