Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

On 10/31/2020 at 1:44 AM, Lanie Hardy said:

Hey I’m scheduled for bypass November 23rd. Anyone else that same time frame? I’d like to build a group if anyone is interested in going through this as a team?

On 10/31/2020 at 1:50 AM, NewMe3 said:

Hi! I’m not in November but I am also having the bypass surgery done on the 4th of December :) so not too long after you

im getting mine done on December 2nd :)

9 minutes ago, Luna805 said:

Hey everyone I’m currently recovering in the hospital from bypass this morning. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Actually the hernia repair & surgical gas hurt more then anything else. No vomiting, tolerating Water & Protein Shakes and walking unassisted. For anyone nervous about the process, I’m here to say I’m on the other side and it’s already worth it. Good luck to everyone!!

wishing u the best , im having surgery in exactly two weeks im nervous.

1 hour ago, Luna805 said:

Hey everyone I’m currently recovering in the hospital from bypass this morning. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting. Actually the hernia repair & surgical gas hurt more then anything else. No vomiting, tolerating Water & Protein Shakes and walking unassisted. For anyone nervous about the process, I’m here to say I’m on the other side and it’s already worth it. Good luck to everyone!!

Congratulations!!! I’ve been very nervous. Thank you for posting! I’m scheduled for the 23rd (Monday). So happy for you that you’re through!!! Let’s hang in there through this life change together! Keep us posted how you’re doing. Congratulations again!!!

On 11/3/2020 at 11:22 PM, sapphire9670 said:

RnY scheduled November 17th and pre-op appointments on November 4th. Nervous!

Hope your surgery went well! I realized I didn’t see your post. Sorry I didn’t respond. Thinking of you and that you’re 1 day post op! Let us know how you are as soon as you feel up to it!

I’m Nov 2019. One year yesterday. It’s amazing and you will feel awesome In one year. I’ve lost 147 lbs and that’s almost half my weight. Hang in there this month and next. It will get better! Good luck! :-)

I’m in for surgery today! Mini gastric bypass and lap band removal.
I will let you know how it goes shortly!

21 hours ago, Luna805 said:

so happy for you Luna!

i has my lap band removal and mini gastric bypass surgery today and my recovery is very similar. Better than I expected!

I was scheduled for 11/23 but got canceled yesterday due to COVID I’m so disappointed. Hoping to get rescheduled soon. Everyone sounds like they are doing great!

7 minutes ago, Nurse Crystal said:

I was scheduled for 11/23 but got canceled yesterday due to COVID I’m so disappointed. Hoping to get rescheduled soon. Everyone sounds like they are doing great!

Oh that’s so disappointing! Hang in there!! Are you having to stay on pre-op diet? Wishing you a quick reschedule!

24 minutes ago, Nurse Crystal said:

Oh no! That truly is a disappointment. Wishing you a quick reschedule 🙏

12 minutes ago, beachparty said:

I am scheduled for 23rd. My nurse called me to let me know they MIGHT cancel the surgery but they dont know yet. Ugh.

Sent from my LM-G820 using BariatricPal mobile app

Oh shoot. Are you in the states?

Congratulations!!! Wishing you all the best on your journey all the way from South Africa. Im 13 days post op. Stay hydrated and take it easy 🌼🌼🌼

3 hours ago, Nurse Crystal said:

Awww man sorry about that. After all the prepping you have done and now this! Hang in there.

13 hours ago, TrueNorth1 said:

I’m in for surgery today! Mini gastric bypass and lap band removal.
I will let you know how it goes shortly!

Wishing you all the best!