Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

Hi NewMe3🤗!! Welcome, I shouldn’t have been so closed in with the date... Have you started pre-surgery diet? If yes how is that going for you? Tell us all about your journey, and/or how we as your team (I’m assuming others will join us) can support you. Excited for this, thanks for putting yourself out here! I don’t feel so alone.

No I haven’t start the pre op diet yet. Though I’m trying to make some changes to my food intake now. I will start my required shakes 2 weeks before surgery day. Have you started your pre op diet yet?
I actually had the sleeve surgery in 2016, however due to some weight regain and severe GERD my surgeon has recommended to bypass for me. Hoping for a smoother journey this time around.
I’m excited for myself and also for others going through this journey such as yourself 🙂
Hoping this community will be beneficial in support, advice and encouragement from like-minded people :)

Ahh, my surgeon is different on pre-op diet than others. It’s 4 weeks and 800-1200 cal/day, low fat, low carb and sugar free. I’m one week in and was dying the first several days :). I’m glad your a pro at this!! Sorry about the weight gain and GERD. That is hard! Hopefully this will be the answer to both problems. I too hope for our group to be a huge help and support. Keep me posted, I’m anxious to know how you’re doing. I think it makes me feel less scared of surgery. I’ve had multiple surgeries, as a result I am dreading this surgery. Probably more then I should. I should be an old pro by now, instead I’m a scaredy-cat 🤦🏼‍♀️ 😹 😸!

All surgeons have different requirements :) you have got this! One day at a time..👍🏻
It will definitely be great knowing others going through similar experiences from all over (I’m in Australia).
I don’t think anyone ever looks forward to the actual surgery itself, but just know that it will be for the best moving forward. Hahaha don’t worry I’m a scaredy cat too.

On 10/31/2020 at 2:44 AM, Lanie Hardy said:

Hey I’m scheduled for bypass November 23rd. Anyone else that same time frame? I’d like to build a group if anyone is interested in going through this as a team?

My surgery is scheduled for November 5th. It is getting so close! I had a lap Band for 12 years and did really well with it but it slipped and I had to have it removed in January. My doctor immediately suggested bypass. I thought no way, I can do this on my own. I have been doing so well for the last 12 years! Ha! My doctor was right. I have gained 40 lbs since having the band removed. I am not required to do a pre op diet. Just Clear Liquids the day before. Seems odd, but I wasn’t going to argue! I would love to have a group to follow through this and talk to about our progress, challenges and successes!

I’m 11/30 RNY with Dr Patrick Gatmaitan in Pensacola FL. I have to do one week pre diet, which is clear liquids only. It’s definitely going to be a challenge thanksgiving.

2 hours ago, Hellie1028 said:

I’m 11/30 RNY with Dr Patrick Gatmaitan in Pensacola FL. I have to do one week pre diet, which is Clear Liquids only. It’s definitely going to be a challenge thanksgiving.

3 hours ago, PollyAnna3483 said:

My surgery is scheduled for November 5th. It is getting so close! I had a lap Band for 12 years and did really well with it but it slipped and I had to have it removed in January. My doctor immediately suggested bypass. I thought no way, I can do this on my own. I have been doing so well for the last 12 years! Ha! My doctor was right. I have gained 40 lbs since having the band removed. I am not required to do a pre op diet. Just Clear Liquids the day before. Seems odd, but I wasn’t going to argue! I would love to have a group to follow through this and talk to about our progress, challenges and successes!

Hey Hellie1028 & PollyAnna3483, Welcome!! Thanksgiving so close to our surgery dates is going to be a challenge. I’m grateful for everyone coming together!!

Today has been hard for me. I don’t know why, I just want to return to old habits. Seeing your messages gave me reinforcement to do better. Thank you both!!

PollyAnna, keep in touch as you start you clear liquid week. We are here for you!!
thanks again!!

The mind is such a crazy thing and I think that’s going to be the hardest thing for me. Plus years of habits and coping mechanisms. I keep reminding myself... I AM worth the hard work it’s going to take.

1 minute ago, Hellie1028 said:

The mind is such a crazy thing and I think that’s going to be the hardest thing for me. Plus years of habits and coping mechanisms. I keep reminding myself... I AM worth the hard work it’s going to take.

You definitely are!! You got this! Anything we can do to help?

On 10/30/2020 at 23:44, Lanie Hardy said:

Hey I’m scheduled for bypass November 23rd. Anyone else that same time frame? I’d like to build a group if anyone is interested in going through this as a team?

Hi Bypass scheduled Nov 18th! I prepaid the hospital, picked up some Vitamins and Protein Powder and feel pretty prepared. The only thing that I’m nervous about is pain. My hospital only does Tylenol with coding and that feels crazy to me 🙁

On 10/31/2020 at 1:44 AM, Lanie Hardy said:

I'm also Nov 23!!!