Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

On 12/07/2020 at 20:01, FireEMT710 said:

Ladies! It's been 2 weeks since surgery! How's it going for everyone?

I’m 19 days out. A little frustrated as I’m still in some pain. I’m a teacher and haven’t been able to go back to work yet. I’ve never been one for time off work-think it’s been 5 years since I was last off sick so it’s got me down a little! Going to see my consultant this afternoon after I called to say I was still in pain. Reading all your responses it seems as if everyone is really different in healing time so I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about but I just want to get out and about again! My wife and I moved in with my parents in the summer to save for a house deposit so I have my mother fussing around me constantly (shouldn’t complain really!) but feeling a little caged in! The pain is quite bad in the car so I haven’t driven yet. Haven’t commented much but it’s fab reading everyone’s stories-makes me feel better! On a brighter note, I am down 32 pounds so pretty happy with that!

27 minutes ago, PrettyBrown said:

It’s going good! Me and puréed foods don’t get along, so I’ve been eating normal foods and just chewing super well and slow. My Water is okay, I’m not up to the 64oz daily yet. I’m averaging about 40-60g of Protein a day; it’s pretty hard to get to the full 80g my program suggests. I’ve been good since surgery though, I walked to the bathroom immediately after surgery right when I woke up. The pain the first two days was pretty gnarly, but it’s been good since getting home. I took pain meds only that first night I got home. The weight loss is slow but it’s still happening so I’m good with it! I’ve noticed my bones don’t crack when I get up and start moving. I feel like my legs jiggle more mow when I walk, not sure if that’s because of the weight loss or maybe it’s just in my head! 😱 movement is definitely easier now. My Toms would always be super tight on my feet, so there’s a little wiggle room when I wear them. (Yay!!) my clothes are looser now and a blouse that I haven’t worn in 2 years fits again! I am also nowhere near a tired at the end of my day like I used to be! it’s all for the little things, right? Soooo grateful to have you all!!!

I did the same. I either ate Soup or soft food like eggs, refried Beans, lentils, canned chicken or tuna...and then chewed really well and had no problem. The first day I pureed 1 egg and it was just plain weird. So I went straight to mash up everything good.

6 minutes ago, shellzuk said:

I’m 19 days out. A little frustrated as I’m still in some pain. I’m a teacher and haven’t been able to go back to work yet. I’ve never been one for time off work-think it’s been 5 years since I was last off sick so it’s got me down a little! Going to see my consultant this afternoon after I called to say I was still in pain. Reading all your responses it seems as if everyone is really different in healing time so I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about but I just want to get out and about again! My wife and I moved in with my parents in the summer to save for a house deposit so I have my mother fussing around me constantly (shouldn’t complain really!) but feeling a little caged in! The pain is quite bad in the car so I haven’t driven yet. Haven’t commented much but it’s fab reading everyone’s stories-makes me feel better! On a brighter note, I am down 32 pounds so pretty happy with that!

Congrats on the loss! I do still have some pain, and it's kind of random. But if you think about it, our digestive systems had it's "crap" rocked lol and our abs are swiss cheese. So sometimes I forget I had surgery 2 weeks ago... and other times I'm like, oh, there it is. lol

9 minutes ago, TrueNorth1 said:

I did the same. I either ate Soup or soft food like eggs, refried Beans, lentils, canned chicken or tuna...and then chewed really well and had no problem. The first day I pureed 1 egg and it was just plain weird. So I went straight to mash up everything good.

Yeah, I can't do pureed. LOL I pick soft foods already, and there's a lot of things on my allowed list that didn't need to be pureed... like baked fish, tuna or egg salad, Soup, cream of wheat.

1 hour ago, TrueNorth1 said:

Those are all great suggestions! I have had eggs and Beans but will try the others too. Yeah, purée was weird all around. I have my 2-week follow up with my doctor today. Let’s see how much I divulge! I have a feeling that they may give me a scolding for not sticking to the purée diet. 🙄

1 hour ago, shellzuk said:

Sorry your pain is sticking around! Are you up and walking? My pain subsided somewhat the more I walked. So happy for you on the 32lbs!! That’s what matters! We just bought our first home in March 2020, literally a week before COVID hit. Good luck on saving! It’s a slow process but so worth it once you get the keys to your new home!! Sending you prayers and best wishes for recovery!!

Hi everyone just had a revision. Five yrs ago I had vsg and now 1 week out of having an rny bypass. I can't really say which felt worst. But I'm blessed to have come out of it alive and well. The gas pain still awful but the keeping faith alive. But so far so good. I'm still happy.

It's always good to ask to make sure.

It is not to say I didnt feel anything...just nothing that made me go "ouch!". I still feel "stuff" inside. Mostly to the lower left. I am assuming that is where the bypass happened? So when I lie on my side (which took about 10 days before I really tried to) it's almost like I feel things moving around if that makes sense?. And sometimes right between my chest I feel something...like, tightness.

I go tomorrow at noon to get my stitches taken out (I had a lapband removal as well) and will ask about the above. I am curious to see my scars! lol

Tomorrow is 3 weeks post op for me. I’m down 22 lbs from surgery. I’ve tolerated foods really well and what has been working is boiled eggs, chicken/veggie Soup, cottage cheese, string cheese, cashews, yogurt, whole wheat crackers, cauliflower, refried Beans with a sprinkle of cheese, tuna, strawberries/bananas and all the warm tea I can drink! I made dessert for husbands work and wasn’t even tempted to over eat. Had 3 small bites and sent it off. Averaging about 5 lbs a week in losses. Some pain here and there in one spot but pretty darn happy overall!

7 hours ago, PrettyBrown said:

it’s all for the little things, right? Soooo grateful to have you all!!!

I agree!! Glad you’re seeing the little things!

4 hours ago, Luna805 said:

Tomorrow is 3 weeks post op for me. I’m down 22 lbs from surgery. I’ve tolerated foods really well and what has been working is boiled eggs, chicken/veggie Soup, cottage cheese, string cheese, cashews, yogurt, whole wheat crackers, cauliflower, refried Beans with a sprinkle of cheese, tuna, strawberries/bananas and all the warm tea I can drink! I made dessert for husbands work and wasn’t even tempted to over eat. Had 3 small bites and sent it off. Averaging about 5 lbs a week in losses. Some pain here and there in one spot but pretty darn happy overall!

22 lbs! Yay!! I would just about kill for whole wheat crackers😂! We’re not allowed until 6 weeks. But other than that my diet is very similar.

On 12/08/2020 at 16:06, PrettyBrown said:

Sorry your pain is sticking around! Are you up and walking? My pain subsided somewhat the more I walked. So happy for you on the 32lbs!! That’s what matters! We just bought our first home in March 2020, literally a week before COVID hit. Good luck on saving! It’s a slow process but so worth it once you get the keys to your new home!! Sending you prayers and best wishes for recovery!!

Thank you for the good wishes! I am up and walking so hoping it will go soon!

On 12/08/2020 at 16:16, TrueNorth1 said:

It's always good to ask to make sure.

It is not to say I didnt feel anything...just nothing that made me go "ouch!". I still feel "stuff" inside. Mostly to the lower left. I am assuming that is where the bypass happened? So when I lie on my side (which took about 10 days before I really tried to) it's almost like I feel things moving around if that makes sense?. And sometimes right between my chest I feel something...like, tightness.

I go tomorrow at noon to get my stitches taken out (I had a lapband removal as well) and will ask about the above. I am curious to see my scars! lol

I saw the consultant and he said I’m healing fine but mentioned that when he removed my band there was quite a big hole where my port was so he had to add lots more stitches. He thinks that that is the cause of the extra pain. Just good to know I’m not being a wuss! I was beginning to think I was imagining it!

I saw the consultant and he said I’m healing fine but mentioned that when he removed my band there was quite a big hole where my port was so he had to add lots more stitches. He thinks that that is the cause of the extra pain. Just good to know I’m not being a wuss! I was beginning to think I was imagining it!

That makes sense - that is the only incision i feel because it is the biggest. The other ones are just little things. I am glad all is well on your end!

Awesome news! Sure makes you feel better to talk to a professional about it.