Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nov 2020 Bypass Peeps?

On 11/21/2020 at 16:22, JaneW24 said:

I had my mini gastric bypass on 17 November. They were threatening to cancel it but it went ahead in the end. I’m struggling quite a bit with nausea, pain and fatigue, but everyone keeps telling me it will pass. I certainly hope so!

I’m with you! Hoping it will pass soon. I’m a couple of days after you though so you’ll have to tell me when it starts getting better!

Yes, I hear you. I hate wishing time away but I can’t wait for the 6-8 week mark.
try to get more nutrition in for healing and fatigue. Have you just been having Water and Jello for the last 5 days?

11/21/2020 05:59 PM, TrueNorth1 said:

Yes, I hear you. I hate wishing time away but I can’t wait for the 6-8 week mark.

try to get more nutrition in for healing and fatigue. Have you just been having Water and Jello for the last 5 days?

Just had Water yesterday and had some Jelly today. My op was only 2 days ago and I’m completely not interested in food at the moment. I’m sure I will be! Just feeling a bit sorry for myself today 🙂

2 minutes ago, shellzuk said:

Just had Water yesterday and had some Jelly today. My op was only 2 days ago and I’m completely not interested in food at the moment. I’m sure I will be! Just feeling a bit sorry for myself today 🙂

Oh right, I think you were the same day as me? Thursday? I did the same....yesterday just Water and tried a **** glass of broth just to get a taste in my mouth. I struggled yesterday. But this morning something switched. I take it my internal swelling is going down so I can take in Fluid. I was petrified to take medication. But today things are working. I’m being super cautious with amount though. And I agree, no interest in food. Just trying to keep hydrated so I don’t end up in the hospital with an IV. We got this!! It’s your time to chill out and relax. Watch TV.

2 hours ago, JaneW24 said:

I had my mini gastric bypass on 17 November. They were threatening to cancel it but it went ahead in the end. I’m struggling quite a bit with nausea, pain and fatigue, but everyone keeps telling me it will pass. I certainly hope so!

I had my bypass on Nov. 4, and I am still struggling with lower back pain. I don’t have much of any pain, mostly tenderness in my abdominal area. I also am very tired and weak and cannot stand like in the kitchen for more than 15 minutes, but was told I need more Protein. I struggle with these darn Protein Shakes, but have started adding Isopur whey protein isolate to as much as I can, in teaspoon increments. I added some to my Jello fluff I made this afternoon. If it can be TOTALLY DISGUISED I think I can do better! I didn’t have any problems with nausea, so I would recommend you talk to the Bariatric office about that. You aren’t throwing up are you? If you are you definitely need to let them know because of the stitches on the inside. I saw your bio and we are both at the same height. We can keep in touch if you like, and if you wouldn’t mind, let me know what they say about your nausea. Maybe try to drink a little slower? Hope you find the help even just to confirm everything and rule out trouble! It helps. Take care! Jeanne Smoker

Thanks Jeanne, I’d love to stay in touch. I haven’t actually been sick but I often feel nauseous. Like you, I think I probably need more Protein. x

16 hours ago, JaneW24 said:

Thanks Jeanne, I’d love to stay in touch. I haven’t actually been sick but I often feel nauseous. Like you, I think I probably need more Protein. x

Maybe Water, too??. Are you on puréed foods yet? If so are you doing that with the information you were given in your bariatric packet or did you get a bariatric cookbook? I’ve been looking at getting a cookbook if I can find one set up for the different stages of eating. I love variety, not that I like ALOT of different foods, but I like to TRY.

I am scheduled for bypass December 9th

1 minute ago, MzLisa said:

I am scheduled for bypass December 9th

Are you on the pre-op diet yet? Hope all goes well for you. I am only 2-1/2 weeks post surgery, and I’ve had some struggles with the Protein Shakes (can’t stand the taste) but I’m back on the right track, and doing better. Maybe you will struggle somewhere else, maybe not at all. Just know, you can talk to people, you can call the dr office, there’s a lot of help out there, and you’re not in this alone. It may seem like it sometimes, but you’re not. Just reach out for help. All the best to you !

43 minutes ago, Grammie2 said:

Maybe Water, too??. Are you on puréed foods yet? If so are you doing that with the information you were given in your bariatric packet or did you get a bariatric cookbook? I’ve been looking at getting a cookbook if I can find one set up for the different stages of eating. I love variety, not that I like ALOT of different foods, but I like to TRY.

Not yet, I’m on liquids for another week or so yet. I bought “The Complete Bariatric Cookbook and Meal Plan” by Megan Moore and it has loads of helpful information in it as well as some interesting recipe ideas.

I’m day 4 post op and only taking Tylenol for pain. The narcotics gave me headaches so it’s a relief to be off, but hurts more on my belly. I’m having tons of gas pains but I think everything is pretty normal. Hitting my water/protein goals. Looking forward to stage 1 diet ending!

3 hours ago, JaneW24 said:

Not yet, I’m on liquids for another week or so yet. I bought “The Complete Bariatric Cookbook and Meal Plan” by Megan Moore and it has loads of helpful information in it as well as some interesting recipe ideas.

Thank you for the cookbook recommendation....I will buy it.

1 hour ago, Luna805 said:

I’m day 4 post op and only taking Tylenol for pain. The narcotics gave me headaches so it’s a relief to be off, but hurts more on my belly. I’m having tons of gas pains but I think everything is pretty normal. Hitting my water/protein goals. Looking forward to stage 1 diet ending!

Have you had a bowel movement since surgery?

4 hours ago, Luna805 said:

I too had a lot of gas pains that seemed to get worse at first, but about day 4 or 5 it got better. I guess I didn’t notice it as much before because of the pain meds, so maybe that’s true for you. Good for you being off the meds!! And for getting your Protein & Water in! I struggled with the protein and still do, but I’m trying to hold my nose and drink!! Lol hate them!! If you can manage them you are going to do just fine!! Keep up the good work !! 🌹

I was never put on a pre-op diet this time other the liquid diet 1-2 days before surgery. I’m not taking much in now. Anything I eat I end up throwing up so my intake isn’t good. If I can keep a Protein Shake down a day I’m doing good. My reflux is just so bad.