Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I lost 180 lbs thanks to Gastric Bypass! Saved my life!

Hey everyone!

Just a quick intro!! My name is Chris. I'm 45 and had gastric bypass in 2015. I lost 180 lbs and have kept it off! As you all know, sooooooo many things in your life change after surgery. More than just weight loss. One thing that changed for me was that I went back to school. I found it so interesting during the process leading up to, and all the changes afterwards, just how psychological eating is for us. I also noticed and was very frustrated by the way people, including myself, had been and still are treated as a big guy as opposed to a small guy. If you have been through the process, you know EXACTLY what I mean. So, I went back to school at Cleveland State University, and am on track to becoming a clinical psychologist! My specific interest is, working with bariatric patients! (big surprise right??). As a part of my senior project, I am doing a research paper on bariatric surgery and self esteem. I'm interested, of course, in surgery patients. But anyone who has lost a large amount of weight is also of interest to me.

If you are interested in helping my by taking a simple survey I have created, it would be really awesome! it is all anonymous, and only will be used for my paper in class. Nothing to be published. That will be another study in the next couple years for grad school!!

It would be awesome if anyone would be willing to participate!

If you want any more info, or want to know more about me. Just ask!!

Here is the link :

https://forms.gle/TQy3fAreLdjmRQYq9

I think that link works. IF there is an issue and you'd like to help, please let me know and I'll email you a link.

Lots of love and thank you everyone!!

Chris

P.S.- Anyone who has not had the surgery but is thinking about it.

1. Make sure you are REALLY ready.

2. Don't be scared. It saved my life.

3. All your feelings and emotions are normal and valid. Please feel free to take the survey even if you haven't had surgery. I'm interested in your feelings too!!!!!!

Edited by Christo711
spelling

I would also be glad to tell my story or share tips etc. Just ask! 😎

Just took it strange but same as you lost 177 Frorm june 2019 to dec 2019 still holding it off no problem

Thank you Mr gator ! Congrats to you and Tek too!

done :)

1016.jpeg

24730.jpeg before and after.

Edited by Christo711