Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10/26 Surgery! Anyone interested in a surgery buddy/support group?

53 minutes ago, natashab said:

Hii, I’m 2 weeks post -op as of today

How’s it going? I’m 3 weeks post op.

11 hours ago, natashab said:

Horrible I feel like crap, only eating yogurt , everything eles makes me nauseous . How about you ?

Doing okay. I had one mishap with not chewing peaches well enough. It was awful, hours of throwing up and pain. They aren’t kidding when they say chew well. I am on purée and soft foods but being pretty careful. I hope I never see Jello again. 🤢

Hi! I had my gastric bypass Nov. 4 - one month today! I have struggled with the Protein Shakes, and have found many others have too, so I dont feel alone. I have opted for Atkins shakes at 15 gr. Per shake which is low, but I can drink them pretty good, and add some Isopur flavorless Protein to other things in my diet. Today I added some to my Tomato Soup, and it wasn’t bad.
I guess I’ll be adding it to my dinner tonight as well.
Over the last 2 weeks I have become constipated, and wanted to know what anybody has been taking for it. I was adding Fiber powder, but it really wasn’t doing much of anything. I think it is the Iron that’s messing me up, but it’s in my Multivitamin, so I am changing to one that doesn’t have it. Is anyone taking a stool softener? I called my dr. Office to ask if it’s ok to take a pill in capsule form and she said not til 3 months! My stool softener is a capsule... maybe a different brand of fiber would be better?

also - does electrolyte Water have any flavor? I have a bottle to try, but haven’t yet. Just wondered, how does it help?

Mirilax works for me. I take it about once or twice a week. Also there are stool softeners that come in pill form.

7 hours ago, natashab said:

Oh now! I haven’t tried peaches yet , I’m on soft foods as of today , I had some hummus, smashed banana 1/4 and some tea for Breakfast , I just had some sugar free ice cream and feel extremely nauseous 😫🤢. What about yourself what’s for breakfast and lunch today?

Breakfast was yogurt and a clear Protein Drink. snack was a Protein drink. lunch was two egg whites with Parmesan cheese. Snack was a cheese stick. I was craving something savory for dinner and tried a few teaspoons of mashed potatoes which just came back up. Now I just feel like hell. I still have to take my night meds so I hope they stay down. The lap band was so different. When I couldn’t tolerate a food I just threw it up immediately. The bypass is so different. It’s like it keeps trying and trying to go down for an hour and then finally it comes back up. I’m learning, eat slowly, chew everything. How did you do today?

I hit my first stall for weight. The foot is ok. Not great but not flaring up. My stomach is sore on my right side for some reason. I assume it’s the new foods. I’m going in week 2 of soft foods. I’m eating ok. Have to chew well. Hope your stomachs settle!

On 12/4/2020 at 11:18 PM, PacoBenn said:

I hit my first stall for weight. The foot is ok. Not great but not flaring up. My stomach is sore on my right side for some reason. I assume it’s the new foods. I’m going in week 2 of soft foods. I’m eating ok. Have to chew well. Hope your stomachs settle!

I too am on my last week of soft food, and things have been going well. I’m looking forward to but apprehensive about starting new foods. I know this will sound crazy, but I was dying for something new to eat besides chicken and vpbeans, so I made pork and sauerkraut in the crock pot with a little stevia brown sugar. Ooooooh that was sooooo good!! I think I ate a little more than I should have cuz I did have a little trouble with upper gas pain, but it didn’t last too long. So I tried it again the next day and I cut back my serving a little and I was good! Can’t have New Years without pork and sauerkraut!!😍

3 hours ago, Chelsea198235 said:

I had my bypass on 10/20/20. I could use a surgery buddy.

Sent from my SM-S205DL using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Chelsea! What a pretty name! How are you doing? You are further along than I am, so you must be on regular foods? I’m so looking forward to that! How have you made that adjustment? Are you still drinking the shakes?
what has been the hardest for you of going into regular food?

So you got to eat a real Thanksgiving dinner? Small, I know but not puréed! Do you work outside the home? Are you back to work? Did you have a good surgical experience and you’re healing well?
I had a great surgery, but I wouldn’t recommend going to the hospital I went to. I’m senior age, and they didn’t get me up walking til the 3rd shift came on. I kept asking, and they said they would be back to get me but never did til the middle of the night. Fun!! But other than that, maybe all of us getting our surgeries this year have had different experiences because of Covid. It’s a good excuse anyways....

Real food is so good! Im experiencing some soreness with new foods as well. But other are easy to eat. I’ve lost 45 lbs now! Can’t believe it. Energy is better. I’m managing to get through my day. Work is sometimes physical for me. I don’t know about anyone else but I miss the Pub! We are going Into increased restrictions for covid and they are closing which made me sad to know I wasn’t having a last beer before they close:(. Anyone have a go to sipping drink in a social setting?

I had gastric bypass 11/30 which was a revision from a sleeve performed in 2013. I was having significant issues with GERD and weight re-gain. I am healing very well and have had little to no pain or nausea issues. I lost about 17 pounds during my 2 week pre-op diet and lost an additional 8 lbs first week post op. I’m trying not to get frustrated but it’s tough to watch a whole week go by and the scale not move. They warned me at my 1 week post op visit that my weight loss would slow because my body thinks it’s starving. I get to start with soft solids Monday so hopefully the scale will start moving again.

6 hours ago, PacoBenn said:

Real food is so good! Im experiencing some soreness with new foods as well. But other are easy to eat. I’ve lost 45 lbs now! Can’t believe it. Energy is better. I’m managing to get through my day. Work is sometimes physical for me. I don’t know about anyone else but I miss the Pub! We are going Into increased restrictions for covid and they are closing which made me sad to know I wasn’t having a last beer before they close:(. Anyone have a go to sipping drink in a social setting?

Congrats on your weightloss! I just started regular food this past week, and I’m anxious to see, or maybe NOT SEE? If I lost anything! But yes, the fact of eating regular food, Protein FIRST, is awesome.