Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

21 hours ago, futureshrink said:

I’m on day 5 of pre op diet. The irony for me is that I don’t feel hungry...but I haven’t felt that in years which I am wondering if it has something to do with the band because I was never hungry with the band. I had a hard time regulating back then because I didn’t get normal hunger pains but my blood sugar would suddenly drop.

mu issue right now is having to pee all the time. I haven’t gotten a decent nights sleep since I started the prep diet because I’m up every hour. I am scared to limit my Fluid intake. I don’t remember this before my other surgeries. 😩

The frequent urination is what happens when your body goes into ketosis. It is so annoying, but also improves after several days.

Just keep on keeping on!

My surgery is on the 9th, and I’m on day 7, it definitely got better for me from day 4 on. I’ve lost 15 pounds in the 7 days though so I hope it’s doing all that it should. I have to admit it is still hard though, cooking for my family and not being able to eat as well stinks, but it will all be worth it, right!! We got this!

23 hours ago, Horseshowmom said:

My surgery is on the 9th, and I’m on day 7, it definitely got better for me from day 4 on. I’ve lost 15 pounds in the 7 days though so I hope it’s doing all that it should. I have to admit it is still hard though, cooking for my family and not being able to eat as well stinks, but it will all be worth it, right!! We got this!

You are the day after me. I could handle it better if my neighbors would eat out and stop cooking! Plus I have to pee constantly...is that normal?

18 hours ago, futureshrink said:

You are the day after me. I could handle it better if my neighbors would eat out and stop cooking! Plus I have to pee constantly...is that normal?

Oh my yes, smelling the food is the worst, especially dishes that I really enjoy, like tonight it was chicken fajitas with rice and beans...I really wanted to snag a piece of the chicken, but I didn't. I also do go to the restroom A LOT, but I am definitely drinking a lot of fluids as well so I suppose it is par for the course. We are getting close now! I had my pre-op appointment today and am starting to really get excited!!

1 hour ago, Horseshowmom said:

Oh my yes, smelling the food is the worst, especially dishes that I really enjoy, like tonight it was chicken fajitas with rice and beans...I really wanted to snag a piece of the chicken, but I didn't. I also do go to the restroom A LOT, but I am definitely drinking a lot of fluids as well so I suppose it is par for the course. We are getting close now! I had my pre-op appointment today and am starting to really get excited!!

I am so tired because I am up all night having to use the bathroom. Every hour...ugh. I just keep thinking next week I can have Soup.

23 minutes ago, blackgirlmagicrnybypass said:

I’m on day 3 and messed up three times. It will get better. I wrote a list of times I can have a Protein Shake.

It’s hard but stick to it. If you don’t shrink your liver they can stop before they start your surgery. One of my friends who doesn’t know I’m having surgery sent me some of my favorite Canadian candy and peanut butter...ugh......so the candy will go to my dad.

22 hours ago, futureshrink said:

It’s all the fluids you’re consuming & it’s a side effect of ketosis. Perfectly normal. Worst thing you could do is to reduce your Fluid intake.

17 minutes ago, Arabesque said:

It’s all the fluids you’re consuming & it’s a side effect of ketosis. Perfectly normal. Worst thing you could do is to reduce your Fluid intake.

Oh trust me I’m not decreasing my Fluid intake but I need some serious sleep instead of being up every hour. No coffee, no food, no sleep. I’m a $$*)#@ ray of sunshine...4 more days..............

Oh trust me I’m not decreasing my Fluid intake but I need some serious sleep instead of being up every hour. No coffee, no food, no sleep. I’m a $$*)#@ ray of sunshine...4 more days..............
My diet allows black coffee, so I add a vanilla or caramel Protein Shake to make Creamer. I also use a packet of sweet n low. It's delicious! That's what's helping me get through. Plus nibbles of chicken breast here and there. Im on day 5 and I've lost 7 pounds!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am reading everyone's post and I pray for your strength through this process. I know it is really hard, I had to do it on my first surgery and it was a struggle but just know its worth it. My second surgery that are not requiring a liquid diet and I glad about that. But I am hoping for the best for you all.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:24 PM, Shalaura1 said:

My diet allows black coffee, so I add a vanilla or caramel Protein Shake to make Creamer. I also use a packet of sweet n low. It's delicious! That's what's helping me get through. Plus nibbles of chicken breast here and there. Im on day 5 and I've lost 7 pounds!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Had my surgery yesterday. Doing pretty well. Hopefully I get to go home tomorrow