Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ready Made Vegan Protein Shake

Hello

I am getting a revision from a lap-band to sleeve and don't drink dairy. I'm sensitive to milk Proteins and lactose, I get an immediate breakout of cystic acne and bloating. The hospital I'll be going to mainly stocks Premier Protein post-op. I currently use a Protein Powder KOS, its vegan and offers 20g of Protein with minimal carbs, fat and is low calorie, it is just very thick for post-op. I've looked around on Amazon and found some already made vegan shakes but many have a ton of carbs, are high in fat, high calorie and don't offer at least 20g of protein.

What I'm looking for is a Protein Shake that doesn't have milk or lactose. These tend to be vegan. At least 20 g of protein per serving, 5 or less carbs, no more than 180 calories, and low to no fat. Oh and if it used a natural sweetener like stevia or Monk Fruit instead of artificial would be great.

I don't think this shake exists but any suggestions would be great.

Welcome to the forums.

I don't have much to say about Protein Shakes since I eat, you know, food.

But there are many Protein shakers about who will be along to give you advice and experiences.

Vegan shakes are going to be interesting to get information on.

But, mostly here to help you not feel ignored.

Good luck,

Tek

This is interesting. Spent today drinking Protein Shakes and the gas and bloating was too much. Probably due to lactose. I'd be interested to see what rice, hemp or plant Protein would be suggested here.

I would just get some plant based Protein powder that you like and mix up your own. I took my own drinks to the hospital, since I did not want to drink the protein goo they had, or eat artificially flavored/colored Jello. I took my own gluten free broth and Protein Drinks. Turns out the hospital did have a GF broth that was very tasty, and that was great, Just to say that you do not have to eat what they offer you if you bring your own.

1 hour ago, Circlesis said:

GNC lean shakes are lactose free and 25 grams Protein. I like the strawberry flavor but there are several to choose from. These are ready made and quite thin, which is what I like about them. Easy to drink.

Thank you. I'm going to look into these. It's been so hard to find online.

I must preface this with I don’t vegan Protein Shakes but I did do a google search and found a couple that might be suitable for you but most I found had around 10g of carbs.

These ones are around 170 calories 7g fat, 10g carbs, and 20g Protein
https://liveowyn.com/products/protein-shakes/

These are 110 calories and 5g of fat, 12g protein with 8g carbs

https://www.amazon.com/Pirq-Plant-Based-Gluten-Free-Dairy-Free-Vegetarian/dp/B07PK2WMWQ/?tag=onegrepla-20&th=1&psc=1

These ones are 170 calories, 6g of fat, 11g of carbs, and 18g of protein.
https://www.amazon.com/ALOHA-Organic-Protein-Coconut-Non-GMO/dp/B07PNJKD7W/?tag=onegrepla-20&th=1&psc=1

I'm pre-op but I heard about these from some friends in a local wls group. I ordered some for after surgery. I guess they are more like a Kool-aid consistency and they taste like candy!

https://www.revolution-nutrition.com/product/isolate-splash/

Edited by 1000islandgirl