Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone November 2020

3 hours ago, Lanie Hardy said:

I don’t know what surgery SIPS is. Would you mind explaining, and welcome!

sure ! SIPS= Stomach Intestinal Pylorus Sparing

It's a modification and similar to the duodenal switch.

I will be a revision surgery from a gastric plication

On 10/24/2020 at 9:27 AM, PollyAnna3483 said:

My date is November 5th for bypass.

My bypass date is Nov. 5 too. I’m excited/nervous. I hope it goes well for you!

14 hours ago, Dinah55 said:

The closer it gets the more nervous I am but I think the excitement is winning out! Good luck! Let me know how it goes for you. I am expecting a 2 night stay in the hospital.

3 hours ago, PollyAnna3483 said:

The closer it gets the more nervous I am but I think the excitement is winning out! Good luck! Let me know how it goes for you. I am expecting a 2 night stay in the hospital.

You have every right to be excited and just be patient post surgery. Your old habits will keep your mind running (at least for me) so give yourself time to heal.

I’m this week on November 3.

13 hours ago, PollyAnna3483 said:

I will definitely let you know, and let me know how yours goes too. I’ll be in the hospital for one night. Our new lives begin Thursday! Hooray!

I’m scheduled on November 2. I just started pre op diet on Sunday. It’s been hard so far. I have gotten premier Proteins in different flavors. I have lots of sugar and calorie free Water mix ins. broth sips. I have been trying to find sugar free popsicles but my stores are out so far. I have 4 oz tupperware already so I didn’t want to get 2 oz ones. I did get a larger bottle (32 oz) and a cup (16) for work. Maybe something that can keep you busy? Coloring. Drawing. Music. Reading etc. I’ve found it easier when I’m busy.
I'm on the second as well... On the way to the hospital now! Prayers for all of us! [emoji120]

Sent from my SM-G965W using BariatricPal mobile app

On 10/19/2020 at 08:18, Smitty74 said:

I am scheduled to be sleeved on November 18th.

I’m November 18th also. Bypass. Good luck to you!

On 11/02/2020 at 05:19, Kristy72 said:

My sleeve is scheduled for 11-18. I'm down 12 pounds so far and I start my liquids Wednesday. I'm so ready.

Sent from my LML212VL using BariatricPal mobile app

Surgery twins! 11/18 Bypass for me. Good luck! It’s exciting to have other people on the same day. Mine is first thing in the morning. Have to be there at 5:30am, surgery at 7:30am.

On 10/31/2020 at 17:05, Dinah55 said:

I see a lot more people getting the sleeve. I’m also getting bypass on November 18th. Good luck to you! I’ll be curious and checking in! I only wanted the sleeve starting in January this year. But after Covid, it was pushed way back and I had more time to research. The amount of conversion to bypass from sleeve was something I learned during the wait time. So happy I changed my mind :)

29 minutes ago, Luna805 said:

I see a lot more people getting the sleeve. I’m also getting bypass on November 18th. Good luck to you! I’ll be curious and checking in! I only wanted the sleeve starting in January this year. But after Covid, it was pushed way back and I had more time to research. The amount of conversion to bypass from sleeve was something I learned during the wait time. So happy I changed my mind :)

My original plan was to get a sleeve, but after my endoscopy, my doctor told me that my esophagus had some irritation from gastric reflux and that I have a hiatal hernia. He said that if I got the sleeve, there was a pretty good chance I'd be wanting a revision down the line, so he suggested the bypass and I agreed, in light of my GERD and hernia issues. Good luck to you too! I'll also be checking in often.

3 hours ago, Luna805 said:

I’m curious... what made you switch from sleeve to bypass?

On 11/02/2020 at 11:30, Boymama said:

I’m curious... what made you switch from sleeve to bypass?

Conversion rate from Sleeve to Bypass is a lot higher then I expected. I found people a few years out having trouble with acid with the sleeve. After researching, bypass is still the only one considered the gold standard for weight loss. I liked the longevity of information on bypass and the lower weight that can be reached. This is just my findings and when I brought it up to my surgeon she agreed with my switch plan. But sleeve people are still having great results, there’s no wrong surgery. Just bypass felt better for me after learning more about sleeve conversion to bypass.