Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Orinsky, my surgeon didn’t mention anything about a goal weight when he scheduled me. I’ve lost about 13 pounds from my highest recorded weight with Kaiser. Do your best but don’t stress.

On 11/4/2020 at 8:01 PM, K Be Good! said:

Tentative surgery date of 12/3

have they mentioned anything aboutvyoir surgery being postponed due to covid cases increasing and restrictions on elective surgeries?

1 hour ago, baritheri said:

have they mentioned anything aboutvyoir surgery being postponed due to covid cases increasing and restrictions on elective surgeries?

As of last week they said it was wide open and no backlog and surgeries were happening quickly.
but then I am still doing classes. I will be doing classes until the end of December.

to be fair; they said that before the huge surge hit. We were inching up and then all of a sudden cases just exploded. If you think it’s bad now just wait until AFTER the holidays.

I’m still on track for 12/3.

On 11/26/2020 at 9:33 PM, K Be Good! said:

I’m still on track for 12/3.

Hey there. Just checking in to wish you luck. Tomorrow’s the day!!!!

I think you got in under the wire. I’m hearing rumors of surgeries scheduled for next week being canceled.

I just had my class (I only have three left?!!! Time flies!!!) and someone in that class knows two people who had surgeries scheduled for next week.... which they say were canceled. But the ladies running the class didn’t hear anything about shutting down elective surgeries and they were just in a meeting. So I don’t know.

I crossing my fingers they don’t but the covid cases are going up so fast. I can easily see newsom issuing another shut down order.

I’m in the hospital now. I have heard no talk of shutting things down. Fingers crossed for you guys.

I am going through Kaiser NorCal and am getting my blood work, EKG, and other random last tests done this week. Hoping there isn't a back log up here so I can get a surgery date soon!

When I had my psych appointment a few weeks ago they said they were having to cancel some surgeries because they were only allowed so many hours in the operating room due to coronavirus.

Fingers crossed I get a January surgery date!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Here in SoCal they have shut down surgeries for “at least two weeks”. We got the news las Wednesday during class.

BUT.... looking in the bright side: we have our class ending in two weeks and when they do finally open up again we will be the first group to get scheduled after the ones who were bumped, plus more time to lose weight and practice what we have learned with eating etc.

I finished options on Monday but my Vitamin D was low so im on meds and have to redo labs January 25th... im not stressing over the delay im just going with the flow im not trying to be in the hospital during these scary times either...

10 hours ago, baritheri said:

I finished options on Monday but my Vitamin D was low so im on meds and have to redo labs January 25th... im not stressing over the delay im just going with the flow im not trying to be in the hospital during these scary times either...

Exactly. Better safe than sorry. My husband just found out one of his buddies (healthy!) is in the ICU on a ventilator. I’ve thankfully not have to do labs yet. They will have me do another round likely when I finish the program but I will end up going to the small lab building instead of the one at the big hospital (a friend of mine went to the hospital one last week and she said it was INSANE there).
I was actually hoping to not work today and tomorrow (substitute teacher) but I got called in at my sons school. I wish I could go in a bubble 😅

I am going in for lab work today and a routine cervical cancer screening as a part of my final tests before my surgery is scheduled. I got my EKG result back yesterday and they are "borderline abnormal" I'm guessing because I (just learned) have a sinus arrhythmia. Has anyone run into this? I'm wondering if this had affected anyone's process. Seeing as it's borderline abnormal I'm hoping it won't throw a wrench in anything. I will follow up early next week to have the surgeon review all the test results and will get a definitive answer, but will likely spend the weekend worrying.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats! That’s very exciting. Please post how long it takes so I can have a time frame of what to expect.
I did my support group tonight, then I have class 2 tomorrow (only 8 more after tomorrow night!!!)
the nurse put in for labs,ekg, and stool sample so I’ll get that out of the way tomorrow and go through the booklet to prep
everything is moving along! Hopefully I can get more stuff checked off my list of things to do
I am just going to have my consultation on 1/4/21. I had gastric bypass surgery in 1980 when I was 30 years old. I had tremendous success and lost 130 lbs in about a year. I kept it off for about 12 years but gained it all back. I have a 36 bmi and I'm 69. I can't live like this anymore, health wise and mentally. I have low or negative self worth. To me when I look at myself I see a hippo or rhino. Gross, hey yea I think so too. My staples are still on my stomach that's really stretched out did anyone else have bariactic surgery and then have it again? Please advise me as I was going to ask the doctor about that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have just started the process with Kaiser in Georgia. First thing I have to do is a virtual teams meeting on March 25 with the General surgeon and his staff, then I have to see psychologist, endocrinologist and I’m not sure who else.

im hoping I can have surgery this summer!