Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had the bypass on March 4th and have been having some post surgery issues. I have Constipation for about three days followed by diarrhea and throwing up to the point that I actually pass out. I have had an endoscopy and a CT scan and nothing. I also had an appointment with an ENT and nothing. Cardiologist says nothing going on with my heart and my sugar level is not dropping. Reaching out in this forum in the hopes that someone else has experienced this and can offer help.

4 minutes ago, denitab said:

I had the bypass on March 4th and have been having some post surgery issues. I have constipation for about three days followed by diarrhea and throwing up to the point that I actually pass out. I have had an endoscopy and a CT scan and nothing. I also had an appointment with an ENT and nothing. Cardiologist says nothing going on with my heart and my sugar level is not dropping. Reaching out in this forum in the hopes that someone else has experienced this and can offer help.

Was your Endo performed by your Bariatric Surgeon?

Edited by GreenTealael

Welcome to the forums,

Is it possible you have some sort of bug? Your symptoms sound like my version of the flu. Dry heaves are my version of throwing up. The other symptoms fit.

Could also be symptoms of some autoimmune things, but I'd go with bug initially.

It may just run it's course over 7-10 days.

I'm not a doctor, just a voice on the interwebs, so follow your Doc's advice. If you not happy, keep pushing, be your own advocate.

Good luck,

Tek

I've had the problems for the last 3-4 months. I'm at my wits end.

OK, carp.

It might be time to start looking for zebras (less obvious alternatives).

Any skin issues? Pain? Allergies? Fever?

Have you done a detailed food log? Perhaps you can relate issues to foods.

I also have such symptoms when I have a psoriatic arthritis flair. It's autoimmune. There are a variety of them that can cause such symptoms.

Could it be related to stress? Stress does this to me sometimes.

Keep trying. Your wits are longer than you think ;)

Tek

Have you seen a gastroenterologist? I know bypass messes with the way our internal plumbing works so maybe talk to them. They might suggest a daily stool softener so you aren’t constipated. Constipation can also be a cause of loose stools and vomiting- think overly constipated and impactions can come with seepage. (I was chronically constipated as a kid).

Thanks to everyone. You have given me some things to look at. I will keep you posted on my progress. Thanks again.