Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Favorite protein bars?

I feel like I've tried every shake out there, but have yet to try a Protein bar!

I'm going camping and hiking, and am thinking that Protein Bars might be an easily portable lunch to throw in my backpack.

Any recommendations? Preferably something that is yummy, and won't make me poop my pants (no bathrooms on the trail)!

Thanks so much!

I like the Aldi's Elevation Peanut Butter Crisp bars. They have 10g of Protein, 2 NET carbs, 150 calories and 2.5 g of unsaturated fat. They taste like a candy bar -- similar to a 100 grand bar. I am not sure if the macros are the best? But it is good enough for me. They're delicious!

I LOVE Think! bars. They're 20g of Protein in a very wide variety of flavors. The Brownie Crunch, Lemon Delight, and both Peanut Butter ones (Creamy and Chunky) are my usuals for protein bars. I just tried the chocolate & Cream Cupcake one (18g of protein) this week and fell in love with it.

I also use Built Bars, which I really enjoy and find so much different than regular protein bars. It's almost like eating a candy bar.

my current favorites are Robert Irwin's Fit Crunch bars and Quest Hero bars (regular Quest bars are OK - but their Quest Hero line is great!)

I am obsessed with Built Bars. They're delicious -- they taste like candy bars. Hands down, the best Protein bars I've ever tried.

The Kirkland ones from costco are my favorite. They have less extra crud in them than others but taste like they do! The cookie dough is fantastic. Robert Irvine’s are tasty, kind of too sweet for me, and they have some additives that aren’t great. I have those on occasion. I’ll see if I can find the YouTube video about this subject.

found it!
https://youtu.be/KNU4y_izoC4

Edited by Cheeseburgh

I try to limit my consumption since these are basically candy bars, but when I am really hungry, Quest Nutrition chocolate Hazelnut Protein Bar (fake Nutella) or Built Bar Cookies 'N Cream.

Thanks so much everyone! I'm hitting the grocery store today and bringing this list with me!

7 hours ago, Cheeseburgh said:

The Kirkland ones from costco are my favorite

My choice as well

The BariatricPal Store carries a huge selection of bariatric friendly Protein Bars at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-bars !

Here are some of the brands they carry:

36 minutes ago, MsMocie said:

If you make them yourself you have control over what is in them, and what they taste like.
I would advise to try out any bars BEFORE you go on your hike so you don't wind up with out of this world tummy ache in the middel of nowhere😂

\

true - some artificial sweeteners do a number on people's G/I tracts...it'd be horrible having diarrhea when you're out hiking!