Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ricotta Bake

Tried? I think you SUCCEEDED!!! It looks DELICIOUS!

2 hours ago, Sconway500 said:

Tried to make a ricotta bake!

8A17FB12-CD91-4350-83DF-36DE4842A69B.jpeg

461A4389-232C-436D-BB8D-AB0861201592.jpeg

[I quoted so that I could see more pictures of the Ricotta Bake]

Since I have a tendency to be brutally honest, I don't see any point in changing now. cheese being a source of pleasure in my life, I am sometimes overly critical about cheese products. I'm sorry if I step on any toes here.

I must admit that I am a cheese freak. CHEESE FREAK. I'm one of those people that can eat ricotta out of the container. I like all sorts of cheese from the most flavorless American cheese to the Limburgers that peel paint off the walls. Don't get between me and anything cheese.

Now for the cold, hard truth:

1) The size of this 'Ricotta Bake' is unacceptable for WLS patients. I'm willing to take the hit for the team, so just send it off to me. Give, give, give, that's me.

2) I assume there is a recipe around here somewhere? And I bet you expect me, of all people, to go looking for it? No, I say. No. This will not stand. If I were to go find the recipe, how will you learn?

3) It's hard to tell but exactly how many layers of cheesy goodness are there? This is important;

4) Portion size. Really, this must be considered. There is no possible way that this pan represents a single serving of cheesy goodness. It must require, 3... no 4 pans of this size to arrive at a single portion. You really need to think ahead on this sort of thing. This looks like something that is worth eating until I am sick. Shame on you!

5) It looks overcooked in the top picture, and undercooked in the bottom. Being the caring, sensitive person that I am, I simply cannot allow you to consume such substandard product. You need to gently pack it up, and send it to "The Greater Fool Laboratories" and my team will figure out what went wrong. Of course, to do it right we may need several samples a week for the foreseeable future. We're willing to put in the work to see this through, no matter how long it takes;

6) To help defray your shipping expenses, TGF Laboratories will help with some of the shipping expenses. We are committed to helping you get this done right.

As I said before, give, give, give, that what I'm about.

Edited by The Greater Fool

15 minutes ago, The Greater Fool said:

[I quoted so that I could see more pictures of the Ricotta Bake]

Since I have a tendency to be brutally honest, I don't see any point in changing now. cheese being a source of pleasure in my life, I am sometimes overly critical about cheese products. I'm sorry if I step on any toes here.

I must admit that I am a cheese freak. CHEESE FREAK. I'm one of those people that can eat ricotta out of the container. I like all sorts of cheese from the most flavorless American cheese to the Limburgers that peel paint off the walls. Don't get between me and anything cheese.

Now for the cold, hard truth:

1) The size of this 'Ricotta Bake' is unacceptable for WLS patients. I'm willing to take the hit for the team, so just send it off to me. Give, give, give, that's me.

2) I assume there is a recipe around here somewhere? And I bet you expect me, of all people, to go looking for it? No, I say. No. This will not stand. If I were to go find the recipe, how will you learn?

3) It's hard to tell but exactly how many layers of cheesy goodness are there? This is important;

4) Portion size. Really, this must be considered. There is no possible way that this pan represents a single serving of cheesy goodness. It must require, 3... no 4 pans of this size to arrive at a single portion. You really need to think ahead on this sort of thing. This looks like something that is worth eating until I am sick. Shame on you!

5) It looks overcooked in the top picture, and undercooked in the bottom. Being the caring, sensitive person that I am, I simply cannot allow you to consume such substandard product. You need to gently pack it up, and send it to "The Greater Fool Laboratories" and my team will figure out what went wrong. Of course, to do it right we may need several samples a week for the foreseeable future. We're willing to put in the work to see this through, no matter how long it takes;

6) To help defray your shipping expenses, TGF Laboratories will help with some of the shipping expenses. We are committed to helping you get this done right.

As I said before, give, give, give, that what I'm about.

Thank you for the much appreciated chuckle!

As payment, I shall leave this: https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=1793517

I got a set of these to make individual ricotta bakes.

10 oz Ramekins

I know 10 oz is waaaay to big. I fill them about half full so they won't overflow and make a mess when they are baked. You make one batch and split it up. Bake them all at once or one at a time. You can freeze them and then thaw and bake as well.

6 oz Creme Brulee Ramekin

Just some ideas

That looks so amazing!!!

1 week and one day till I can be in th puree stage and make this!!