Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleevers who are years out what’s your average day of eating look like?

Is great description! Good approach.

Do have opportunity to walk or exercise during typical day?

Is 1200 cals enough, if have time for some exercise?

BTW, after 18 months, do have any tightness or generally disappears?

I am 4.75 years out and I find it varies greatly for me day to day. There are days where I get overly full out of the blue on something I eat regularly. I just started exercising again about 3 weeks ago when my friend got a treadmill etc for her garage when covid blocked my ability to run outside,gym or pilates. My norm is breakfast:coffee with collagen peptides, califa pumpkin spice coconut /almond milk and a Premier Protein (breakfast in general makes me grossed out unless it is at brunch time and by then I will mostly skip which is not good). Lunch: 90g cauliflower mash with 3oz shredded chicken mixed in. Dinner: tilapia filet or chicken or turkey burger. Dessert: 4 or 5 frozen strawberries with 10g of dark chocolate chips or 2-3 oz 0 fage with lemon juice and a squirt of liquid Splenda Grazing Snacks vary by day or mood: 28g cream cheese or 1 laughing cow with 50-60g cucumber, 8g chicharone, 56g low sodium turkey deli meat, fennel and arugula with lemon dressing and Parmesan, 14g of cheese, 8oz Bone Broth.

I also have vodka mixed with a lot of Water and ice with a crystal light type flavoring.

Amount of g or oz are more for my getting full area. I find even more than 4 years out I can easily over eat if not careful and become sick. Not all the time but enough times that I try and be conscientious. I asked my friend at my annual if I should be worried and he said that means I have been treating my stomach with care and not stretching it out too much. I will go with that hahaha...

Very neat info goPlay!

Thankyou for sharing experience.

Folks my experience so far.

I am finding that to swim, jog, weights, at 4 months out I have significantly lost or unable keep "energy".

Does anyone know if this improves later for increased energy?

For example, I think is related to volume stomach can hold.

I can't get enough food in 6-7 sittings to do my work and active athletic activity.

If it's volume, then I like to slightly increase the volume in my stomach to accommodate my active lifestyle.

In this sense, I hoping for a technique to slightly stretch my stomach. I need the actual energy to work my job, work out and *not* feel sick!

I used be able work out alot and never feel sick.

BTW, I read many competitive eaters (crazy sport!) drink lots of Water to train their stomach to accommodate up to 70 hot dogs. Yes that is gross!

But it does make a point. Someone here said that the stomach can be trained to adapt to your lifestyle. This is important.

Since I'm burning up to 2500 cals a day, I need relative slightly more volume without sick feeling.

Google "competitive eater training". It proves the stomach can accommodate your lifestyle. Some of them are only 115 to 170 lbs, yet have trained their stomach to manage more volume. And they don't get obese.

So I think for the very active sleevers, we have to think out of the box.

My question is has anyone treated their sleeve to make it accommodate your life style?

I'm certain we don't always have to get sick all the time to know when to stop.

Any comments or experiences?

10 hours ago, Sumo49 said:

Very neat info goPlay!

Thankyou for sharing experience.

Folks my experience so far.

I am finding that to swim, jog, weights, at 4 months out I have significantly lost or unable keep "energy".

Does anyone know if this improves later for increased energy?

For example, I think is related to volume stomach can hold.

I can't get enough food in 6-7 sittings to do my work and active athletic activity.

If it's volume, then I like to slightly increase the volume in my stomach to accommodate my active lifestyle.

In this sense, I hoping for a technique to slightly stretch my stomach. I need the actual energy to work my job, work out and *not* feel sick!

I used be able work out alot and never feel sick.

BTW, I read many competitive eaters (crazy sport!) drink lots of Water to train their stomach to accommodate up to 70 hot dogs. Yes that is gross!

But it does make a point. Someone here said that the stomach can be trained to adapt to your lifestyle. This is important.

Since I'm burning up to 2500 cals a day, I need relative slightly more volume without sick feeling.

Google "competitive eater training". It proves the stomach can accommodate your lifestyle. Some of them are only 115 to 170 lbs, yet have trained their stomach to manage more volume. And they don't get obese.

So I think for the very active sleevers, we have to think out of the box.

My question is has anyone treated their sleeve to make it accommodate your life style?

I'm certain we don't always have to get sick all the time to know when to stop.

Any comments or experiences?

I wouldn’t purposely try to stretch your stomach, your still quiet fresh being only 4 months out from surgery. I can tell you from my experience that as the years pass your restriction may ease up... it did with me - not a whole lot more but I’m finding it more comfortable to eat the way I did before surgery... depending on your goal that may be a problem and could lead to weight regain bit if your saying that you need the extra calories then should be ok for you? Listen to your body, if your sick or hurt from eating, then stop, don’t force it... you can always just add high calorie foods into your diet to help raise your calories without stretching your stomach? Peanut Butter, nuts, full fat dairy, meat.. there’s a lot more options I just can’t think of any at the top of my head...

Have you spoke to your dietitian about this, maybe they can help get a plan together for you?

Are you at your goal weight? Are you trying to build muscle is that why you need to eat more?

Thank you for input.

Yes. Trying to keep "reasonable" amount of muscle. It's difficult at 4 months out.

The reason for calories is I can easily exercise extra 700 to 900 a day. But at 4 months out I seem to need the energy by eating 7-8 times a day. Wasn't expecting that.

Hopefully as you mentioned, over the years there is some settling of stomach, so to get enough energy carbs, only need to eat 3-5 times a day.

It's alot easier to manage.

I think still at phases where when I full the signal arrive slightly late and feel sick. Hence having to eat 7-8 times a day.

About what month did you notice some easing up of stomach?

Thank you.

I am 5 years out and have maintained my weight loss. I weigh 155lbs. I still follow the rule of Protein first. I generally limit carbs for most meals. I fill my plate with protein and veggIes. I can probably eat 2 cups of food so maybe I stretched my stomach? Certain foods are no longer part of my every day diet but I may eat on a special occasion. Those foods would be junk food, soda, fast food and Desserts. A normal day for me would be iced black coffee for Breakfast. salad or Soup for lunch, Protein Bar for snack before working out. dinner is sometimes high calorie protein like sausages, ribs or hot wings. With a vegetable of course and sometimes a small amount of carbs. At night, I sometimes snack on nuts (protein first!) and a glass of wine. I drink plenty of Water throughout the day. I do not count calories. I weigh myself weekly and tighten up on the diet as needed.