Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having a really hard time during my recovery, surgery was Sept.9,2020 and I have a large dark bruise almost covering most of my tummy. It hurts to stand & sit. Any advice what I can do to help.

Time of course. Heating pad or ice pack whichever surgeon recommends. Just hope you get to feeling better. If its muscle pain maybe get script of flexiril if its incision pain you can get a script for topical lidocain (make sure surgeon okays) just gotta push through

3 hours ago, Stephanie23 said:

I am having a really hard time during my recovery, surgery was Sept.9,2020 and I have a large dark bruise almost covering most of my tummy. It hurts to stand & sit. Any advice what I can do to help.

Forgot to mention you can place pillow on tummy for standing might help

8 hours ago, Stephanie23 said:

Ask your doctor about wearing a binder. I still had pain two weeks post, and my doctor recommended I wear a binder. Four days later the pain was gone.

The nagging thought in my mind: "When did this bruise appear?" You're now a little over 2 weeks post-op, while it's normal for bruising to take its sweet time in resolving and everyone heals at their own pace, I would expect any bruising incurred on your date of surgery to be fading (or at least changing colors).

Other thoughts:

• You were likely given anti-coagulants immediately post-op. Do you remember any shots in your belly? If so, these could have caused some additional bruising on your belly.
  • Has it gotten worse in the last week?
  • Is it painful or just unsightly?

Regardless of my thoughts and questions, my advice to you is to contact your doctor's office and let them know. If it's nothing, then at least you've gained the peace of mind by being told by the doctor it's normal and/or nothing to worry about.

Disclaimer: none of the above is intended to be medical advice. As always, look to your doctor for medical-related questions/concerns.

I had my procedure this past Monday, September 21st. I have some bruising myself. Just a small spot on the right because they had to inflate me during surgery. A heating pad is helpful and so is walking.

I thought I was the only one to bruise like I did. It was so bad I took a picture of it. Half my stomach and wrapped halfway around my back! Took a little over 3 1/2 weeks to finally go away from surgery day.

The 9th was a while ago... I think I'd be a little concerned if it is still dark and not like greenish or yellowish at this point. Probably should at least give the surgeon's office a heads up as to the bruising, and see if that is considered normal this far out.