Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

My wife and I had our surgery 11/11. We were told by our doctor to be a bit more aggressive at our 2 week appointment in regards to what we eat and we have been adding back foods at a reasonably quick rate. Yesterday my wife and I shared a two taco meal at Rubio's as they have Keto-style cheese wraps instead of the tortillas and we had shrimp tacos and saved the Beans for later. We only had about 3/4 of the taco each but it was amazing that we have done so well to be able to eat shrimp already at 6 weeks. Our doctor also wanted to wean us off of Protein Shakes by 8 weeks, and if my Protein calculations are correct, we should be just about there. As for weight loss, I am down 30lbs and my wife is down 25lbs since surgery. We both dropped 19 and 18lbs additionally during our preop. I am down 50lbs and she is down 43lbs since October 27th. Overall, I would say at this phase (the Honeymoon period) we are doing what we can to make this a success. We are trying to take photos as much as we can to show the difference. Our cloths are quite loose and I know we are going to have to downsize them fairly soon.

I did gastric sleeve nov 6th and I'm down about 25 as well..my husband had a band removal and gastric by pass last week...I am coming alomg.and I'm not using the shakes either..I found I feel better. I cant wait until my husband and I can share a small meal together again..you guys keep up the good work.

Hello, all.

I'm new here. I had my surgery on Nov 23. I've had an easy post-op *knocking wood*

I'm in the pureed /soft food stage for another bunch of weeks. On this coming Monday, I add fish to my schedule: tuna, salmon, crabmeat, firm-flesh fish like tilapia. Either in pureed form or in small bites no larger than a pencil eraser. Still at the 4 tbls a meal stage. Supposed to be here for another 4-6 weeks.
I have no idea what macros I'm supposed to hit. I have asked my nutritionist but she has told me not to worry about it too much. (?)

I have 4 meals a day. Two of those meals are Protein Shakes to make sure I get enough Protein. Then the other two meals are 3 tbls of protein-based food and 1 tbl of fruit or veg.

Can anyone suggest macro amounts for me? Again, nutritionist says I shouldn't worry about calorie count or macro count. Not comfortable with that. I need goals!

Surgery November 10, 25.6 down post surgery, overall 83.4. Been slowly trying new foods, no problems with any of them. Not trying anything really high carb though. chicken breast works great, which was a relief because some people said they had issues with that. Got a Thai curry the other night and just ate some of the tofu and carrots out of it. Tasted great.

Overall I’m super happy with the whole process. It is exciting to constantly see lower weights on the scale.

On 12/26/2020 at 08:09, MeaganP said:

Hello, all.

I'm new here. I had my surgery on Nov 23. I've had an easy post-op *knocking wood*

I'm in the pureed /soft food stage for another bunch of weeks. On this coming Monday, I add fish to my schedule: tuna, salmon, crabmeat, firm-flesh fish like tilapia. Either in pureed form or in small bites no larger than a pencil eraser. Still at the 4 tbls a meal stage. Supposed to be here for another 4-6 weeks.

I have no idea what macros I'm supposed to hit. I have asked my nutritionist but she has told me not to worry about it too much. (?)

I have 4 meals a day. Two of those meals are Protein Shakes to make sure I get enough Protein. Then the other two meals are 3 tbls of protein-based food and 1 tbl of fruit or veg.

Can anyone suggest macro amounts for me? Again, nutritionist says I shouldn't worry about calorie count or macro count. Not comfortable with that. I need goals!

60-80 Protein
150-180 carbohydrates
25 fiber
20 fat
<25 sugars... unless it’s from fresh fruit.

1200 Calcium

I hit 199 lbs, it was so exciting seeing that number on the scale this morning. I'm also 4 weeks post op so hitting that milestone today was perfect! I'm down 25lbs even though I endured a 2 week stall already (ugh!). Those stalls are disheartening.

My struggles are still getting my fluids in so I started using my (reusable) straws 2 days ago and that is helping. I don't have any additional "air bubbles" gurgling up than I did before the straws. I also struggle with eating too quickly and getting sick bc it gets stuck. I want to do 3 meals and 2 Snacks but I realistically can't do that right now with my daily schedule. I have to do about 2 oz of food at a time (or less) more frequently to get it all in and to keep my stomach happy. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired so my esophagus is healing as well.

Edited by MommaJay

On 12/28/2020 at 10:46, MommaJay said:

I hit 199 lbs, it was so exciting seeing that number on the scale this morning. I'm also 4 weeks post op so hitting that milestone today was perfect! I'm down 25lbs even though I endured a 2 week stall already (ugh!). Those stalls are disheartening.

My struggles are still getting my fluids in so I started using my (reusable) straws 2 days ago and that is helping. I don't have any additional "air bubbles" gurgling up than I did before the straws. I also struggle with eating too quickly and getting sick bc it gets stuck. I want to do 3 meals and 2 Snacks but I realistically can't do that right now with my daily schedule. I have to do about 2 oz of food at a time (or less) more frequently to get it all in and to keep my stomach happy. I also had a hiatal hernia repaired so my esophagus is healing as well.

Congrats, that’s so great! As a recovering (disposable) straw addict, I’m excited to try a straw and see if I have the same result. I feel like I could drink so much more that way. Silly, but it’s how I’m used to drinking fluids.

I’m currently starting week three of a stall. I did lose 35 pounds during the liver shrinking diet and the first few weeks after surgery. They told me to expect this but damn if I’m not ready for some weight loss! It’s definitely disheartening.

Yep. The stalls suck. The weight fell off for a few weeks. Now, at 6 weeks out, its slow. In fact, its become the slowest I've ever lost weight. Not sure if I'm in a stall or have become a slow loser. Either way, I'll stay the course.

26 minutes ago, mono stereo said:

Congrats, that’s so great! As a recovering (disposable) straw addict, I’m excited to try a straw and see if I have the same result. I feel like I could drink so much more that way. Silly, but it’s how I’m used to drinking fluids.

I’m currently starting week three of a stall. I did lose 35 pounds during the liver shrinking diet and the first few weeks after surgery. They told me to expect this but damn if I’m not ready for some weight loss! It’s definitely disheartening.

YES! I lost 10 on my 1 week pre op, 10 1 week post op and then nothing for 2 weeks. Having a stall so early on got me down. Increasing my Water intake is what broke it IMO. And I'm a straw addict as well lol! Hang in there, it will pass.

On 12/28/2020 at 11:32, MommaJay said:

YES! I lost 10 on my 1 week pre op, 10 1 week post op and then nothing for 2 weeks. Having a stall so early on got me down. Increasing my Water intake is what broke it IMO. And I'm a straw addict as well lol! Hang in there, it will pass.

Drinking Water like it’s my job from now on! :)

I lost 9 kilos the first 2 weeks then been stalled since. I know this is part of the process but it is bizarre that I'm eating so little yet not losing weight. I had my one month follow up from the surgeon though and I'm cleared to lift weights so woooo.

On 12/29/2020 at 10:07, LaoDaBeirut said:

I lost 9 kilos the first 2 weeks then been stalled since. I know this is part of the process but it is bizarre that I'm eating so little yet not losing weight. I had my one month follow up from the surgeon though and I'm cleared to lift weights so woooo.

I know, right?! It’s like, how can we not be losing with as little as we’re eating? I was down one pound this morning, so I’m hoping I’ve reached the end of my stall. Like everyone else says, keep going! It will happen.

On 12/28/2020 at 10:03 AM, mono stereo said:

I've lost 40 pounds since my surgery on November 16th. I've stalled now for the last couple of weeks. After surgery my sense of smell was out of this world. To the point where certain bottled waters smelled bad to me. I'm finally drinking more Water, but I know it's not enough. I'm still testing certain foods and no matter what I'm eating I can only take a few spoons full. I too am ready for more weight loss. lol. I had absolutely no pain after surgery. If I drink too quickly after eating, then my stomach quickly reminds me of the change.

On 12/28/2020 at 8:46 AM, MommaJay said:

So you’re doing fine with using a straw??? I feel like it could help me get more Water in, I’ve been scared that it’ll cause gas! I had a problem with that right after surgery and have been scared ever since... anyone have any tips for me eating more Protein for Breakfast? I’ve done cottage cheese with GENEPRO Protein Powder, but am looking for some other ideas. I’ve been sticking to beans/scrambled eggs/cottage cheese.

also, has anyone tried BariatricPal foods?? Anything good there?