Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

On 12/10/2020 at 9:19 AM, CelinaLambeth said:

Thank you all for your honesty. I'm in a bad way, I'm so done with recovery. 15 days post op and I have a huge painful knot under my large incision and side stitch pain on the right. Not sleeping well because of the pulling pain. Doc told me yesterday to exercise more and expects me to lose 40 lbs every 3 months until I am down to 140. I haven't weighed 140 since middle school. I hurt physically and emotionally I am spent. I am so sore, I'd rather not start a rigorous exercise routine right now. Walking 20 mins a day is all I've got. I feel like I am behind everyone else....

No! You aren’t behind!! I’m about 4 weeks post-op and I’m handling walks only — you DEFINITELY aren’t behind! We all heal and move forward at our own pace! ☺️ I’m so sorry about the pain you’re experiencing. Hang in there! Can you maybe try an ice pack on the areas that hurt? I did that my first two nights at home, I was able to stop taking pain meds after I began using the ice pack, the numbness of the pain helped me finally get some rest. I found that the more I rested the more I was able to get up the next day and work thru the pain. 👍🏽 Hang in there!! It will get better!

On 12/10/2020 at 9:47 AM, mono stereo said:

Yeah, these sound like unreasonable expectations to me. I know the best advice is usually to listen to your doctor but what if the doctor won’t listen to you? That’s what it sounds like. You need to listen to your body and if all you can do is take a short walk, then do that. You did this surgery to be good to yourself, so continue being good to yourself. If you were my best friend I’d tell you to do healthy things that make you feel good for awhile and try not to let anyone pressure you. :)

100% agreed!!!!! Is there another doctor in your office that you can speak to?

45 minutes ago, PrettyBrown said:

Have you considered wearing a band around your mid-section? I had a little tear and a drop of blood right after and my doctor suggested I wear the band until I stopped feeling so tight near the stitches.. maybe that will help??

Well the tearing is inside, not outside. At my abdominal muscles. If I get up too fast or attempt to tie my right shoe, its absolutely brutal. I just have to wait it out I guess.

Thanks for your suggestion. I certainly appreciate your advice.

On 12/10/2020 at 11:19 AM, CelinaLambeth said:

Thank you all for your honesty. I'm in a bad way, I'm so done with recovery. 15 days post op and I have a huge painful knot under my large incision and side stitch pain on the right. Not sleeping well because of the pulling pain. Doc told me yesterday to exercise more and expects me to lose 40 lbs every 3 months until I am down to 140. I haven't weighed 140 since middle school. I hurt physically and emotionally I am spent. I am so sore, I'd rather not start a rigorous exercise routine right now. Walking 20 mins a day is all I've got. I feel like I am behind everyone else....

Sounds a little extreme to me...I had my 1 week F/U 4 days ago and my surgeon said light walking, nothing over 20lbs and NO CORE exercises until week 6 post op. He has not even broached the topic of EXPECTED weight loss..I am so sorry you are feeling so poorly.

On 12/12/2020 at 5:35 PM, bufbills said:

Well the tearing is inside, not outside. At my abdominal muscles. If I get up too fast or attempt to tie my right shoe, its absolutely brutal. I just have to wait it out I guess.

Thanks for your suggestion. I certainly appreciate your advice.

The stitches finally dissolved yesterday. I have a physical job and it been rough this week. But yesterday, all of a sudden, no more pulling and ripping. Ahhhh. Now I'm feeling great.

Just remembered that Moms used to say, don’t go into the Water for 30 minutes after you eat... now it’s don’t drink water until 30 minutes after a meal

10 minutes ago, Kleah73 said:

NOVEMBER 6TH.

Welcome, how are you doing. You out of the soft foods phase?

Thank you...I wouldnt say that I'm out of the soft food stage completely. I am trying new things most days and just seeing what I can do. I have only lost my Cookies 1 time...and that was with grilled chicken finger..I think I ate too fast. I have found that I have been able to eat pizza toppings..no bread or crust. No Peanut Butter ..and i havent tried fruits really. I can eat cheese, cream cheese, Soups, green Beans, carrots. Mashed potatoes, grits{ well cooked vegs]..I just go slow and no matter what I'm eating take my time, chew alot..alot..and I always follow the no drink with. 30 minutes before ..or 30 minutes after. But no matter what I eat I only consume about 4 to 5 bites..I eat several small 3 or 4 bite meals daily. And taking B12, Iron, biotin,and Multivitamin. B12 was a game changer..I did go back to work 5 days after surgery.

On 12/12/2020 at 3:59 PM, PrettyBrown said:

100% agreed!!!!! Is there another doctor in your office that you can speak to?

I agree I'm just at 7 weeks out and my dr advised walking only...he said no other exercise until at least 8 weeks .it takes 6 to 8 weeks for your style line to heal.so go slow and be careful..you didnt get overweight overnight...you have a new chance at life, enjoy it and you can without food. Eat to live not live to eat that's my new motto.

Went up to Lebanese place and got a side of Baba Ganoush.. salty, Smokey.. so much flavor...

Got the hummus from them couple days ago... so fluffy. Need to fluff up the store stuff.