Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

23 hours ago, Jared G. said:

Hi All - New to this site (wish I discovered it before I was sleeved). Anyway was sleeved on 11/30 and I have been relatively surprised with how easy it has been. I was able to walk within a few hours coming out of the surgery and I was discharged first thing the next morning. I am down close to 10 pounds from my surgery date (losing about 2 pounds a day) and I am easily able to take my shakes and Water. I am actually a bit nervous that I can too easily take the shake as I can finish the bottle within a one hour sitting. Going to reach out to my doctor Monday but did find that to be alarming based on what else I am reading from others.

I was worried too because within a couple of weeks I could do Water and shakes within an hour. My doctor said that it was fine, I wasn't stretching anything.

On 11/14/2020 at 11:11 AM, timothy.fleischer said:

Nov. 5 sleeve surgery: Have had great success so far, but 2 issues. Began pre-op diet 2 weeks before of Protein Shakes 2-3 and one hi Protein meal. Final day before surgery, only shakes. 2 days after surgery was Clear Liquids only. Protein Shakes (2-3 daily), broths and Water since then. Since 10/22 pre op kick off I have lost 31.5 lbs. Gout flared up in my ankle on Wednesday, just as tramadol came to an end. Late last night had a good round of dry heaves. I think from air in shakes from blender, so I will stick with premade ones. How are others progressing? Doc appointment on 11/20 to go on soft food two week transition. How are you folks progressing?

You are rocking you weight loss! I am down 31 since my pre op diet began. Soft food was a bit of a challenge. I love scrambled eggs, but my new stomach did not. I switched to poached and all is well.

My official weigh in, being 1 full week post op. I have lost a total of 18lbs including my 1 week pre op diet. I still feel I am swollen, I tend to retain Water easily, but I'm very happy. My first goal of being able to wear my wedding rings again has been met!

Hey everybody, hope all is well!

I was sleeved on the 24th. After a week of doing really well, I had a pretty rough weekend. 2 cases of what (I assume) was dumping. The first episode was the worst. Had that feeling like right before you puke except I never puked and it lasted a couple of hours. The second episode was diarrhea (wow, can't believe I spelled that word right - I think that's a first!). They were both caused by homemade smoothies, possibly from drinking them too quickly. I really struggle with the sweetness of the packaged ones. Maybe it was the air from the blender. I don't know. I think today I'll just try diluting my Premier Protein (packaged) with skim milk and trying to take little, tiny sips.

I was also just feeling really down and lethargic - had lots of naps. Low calories? Christmas? Bored of this year and all it contains? Who knows!

Today is my first day back at work. (I work from home) I think having work to distract me will be good. I see my surgeon on Wednesday for my first follow-up. The good news is that I've lost about 13 pounds since surgery (30 total, including pre-op diet). So, one of my irrational fears (that this surgery wouldn't work for me) was silly :)

2 minutes ago, mono stereo said:

Hey everybody, hope all is well!

I was sleeved on the 24th. After a week of doing really well, I had a pretty rough weekend. 2 cases of what (I assume) was dumping. The first episode was the worst. Had that feeling like right before you puke except I never puked and it lasted a couple of hours. The second episode was diarrhea (wow, can't believe I spelled that word right - I think that's a first!). They were both caused by homemade smoothies, possibly from drinking them too quickly. I really struggle with the sweetness of the packaged ones. Maybe it was the air from the blender. I don't know. I think today I'll just try diluting my Premier Protein (packaged) with skim milk and trying to take little, tiny sips.

I was also just feeling really down and lethargic - had lots of naps. Low calories? Christmas? Bored of this year and all it contains? Who knows!

Today is my first day back at work. (I work from home) I think having work to distract me will be good. I see my surgeon on Wednesday for my first follow-up. The good news is that I've lost about 13 pounds since surgery (30 total, including pre-op diet). So, one of my irrational fears (that this surgery wouldn't work for me) was silly :)

We are surgery buddies!! I had mine on the 24 too. I’ve been lethargic too. Probably because lack of calories.

4 minutes ago, Jokersgirl said:

We are surgery buddies!! I had mine on the 24 too. I’ve been lethargic too. Probably because lack of calories.

Hey buddy!! Glad I'm not the only one and really looking forward to getting off the couch for good! :)

1 minute ago, mono stereo said:

Hey buddy!! Glad I'm not the only one and really looking forward to getting off the couch for good! :)

Haha yep!!! I had a single Oreo and had the same things you were experiencing... I think even natural sugars can be difficult to process after surgery... forget about processed sugar!!

Distractions are good, I’m not working right now but feel less uncomfortable when focused on something else. Best of luck!!

Just now, Jokersgirl said:

Haha yep!!! I had a single Oreo and had the same things you were experiencing... I think even natural sugars can be difficult to process after surgery... forget about processed sugar!!

Distractions are good, I’m not working right now but feel less uncomfortable when focused on something else. Best of luck!!

I think you're right - I had like a quarter of a frozen banana in the smoothie that did it to me. Not gonna do that again! Not anytime soon at least. (best of luck to you too!)

1 hour ago, MommaJay said:

My official weigh in, being 1 full week post op. I have lost a total of 18lbs including my 1 week pre op diet. I still feel I am swollen, I tend to retain Water easily, but I'm very happy. My first goal of being able to wear my wedding rings again has been met!

Good job! I was swollen too, but the more I wore my belly band, the less swollen I was.

5 minutes ago, Wichita Gal said:

Good job! I was swollen too, but the more I wore my belly band, the less swollen I was.

I never got one. I wonder if it's too late to bother with one at this point?

Well I had my first bites of food tonight since late October. 2 week pre op liquid diet plus 4 week post op liquid diet made for a loooooong stretch. For my first food I scrambled an egg. No problems at all eating it, def felt full afterwards. Was so nice to not have Soup for dinner.
I am 73 lbs down (15 post surgery) and coming up on my one month anniversary on the 10th. Not losing super fast, but happy to be where I am!

13 hours ago, Nikki1116 said:

Nov 16th was my surgery and overall I feel great!

16th for me as well. Other than ripping a stitch, its been a great recovery. Stitch still hurts but all in all, I feel super fortunate that its gone so well.

On 12/7/2020 at 9:50 PM, bufbills said:

16th for me as well. Other than ripping a stitch, its been a great recovery. Stitch still hurts but all in all, I feel super fortunate that its gone so well.

Ouchie! How did that happen? Hope you're healing well...

I have had a couple "dissolvable" stitches surface, and come out. THAT has been weird... I think they're all done now, so now it's time to start using stuff to try to minimize the scars (I scar poorly...)

Hi everyone, I have a question. I haven't lost anything really since week 2 post op. What would stall weight loss? Not enough Protein? not enough Water? Not sure which it is because I am struggling with both at the moment. Also, not doing much in the way of exercise might be an issue as well. I am 4 weeks post op now. Any positive suggestions are welcome! Thanks :D

Also, anyone have issues with the incision where they take the stomach out still bruising? I was watching a comedy show the other night and after laughing hard, that incision was aching abit the bruise got a little more pronounced again....weird.

Edited by JenaJinx