Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

EXHAUSTED! Day 6 on my pre op liquid diet. Surgery Monday. I've been averaging between 500-600 cals a day but today and tomorrow I can't have my Protein Shakes and I'm so weak and tired. Just venting.

Sent from my SM-G973U using BariatricPal mobile app

You got this. I had to do 2 weeks pre-op liquid diet. It was hell but I made it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi! I’m officially 8 days PO stop and doing pretty well. Getting my fluids in. Protein shakes....doing better. I’m struggling with the texture, yuck. I’ve gotten some recipes I’m going to try and hopefully get better with that. My dr allows soft foods at this point so I’m eating eggs, very soft chicken, cottage cheese, etc. The incision that gives me pain, sometimes pretty bad pain, is the incision of which the remainder of the stomach was removed. Now a deep, deep bruise pain, but better than being “stabbed” earlier in the week. Do I seem like I’m on the right track?
I don’t want to mess this up. Confession: would love a good carbonated coke right now. Ugh.
Sounds like me. I'm 12 days post op. Incision is finally feeling better, it was killing me at first. I've started pureed food and am feeling fine for the most part. Hang in there we'll soon be somewhat normal again.

8 hours ago, MommaJay said:

EXHAUSTED! Day 6 on my pre op liquid diet. Surgery Monday. I've been averaging between 500-600 cals a day but today and tomorrow I can't have my Protein Shakes and I'm so weak and tired. Just venting.

Hang in there, love!! It gets better!... the first 5 days were hardest for me, but it does get better!! Well, easier. My advice would be to avoid regular food altogether, a sort of ‘out of sight out of mind’ kind of thing. I didn’t think it mattered until I was around regular food (Spanish rice), it’s so much harder to see the food and know you can’t have it. My doctor suggested >80grams of Protein per day. Does your program have this kind of instruction? I felt tired and weak on days that I didn’t get at least 80g.. please reach out if you’d like. Hang in there!!

1 hour ago, Shalaura1 said:

Hi surgery twin! How was Thanksgiving for you?

It was rougher than I thought it would be. What about you?

1 hour ago, Shalaura1 said:

Go slow and very little sips is my advice. I had to do a Water trial before I could leave the hospital, did you? It's when they make you drink 20 oz of Water and keep it down.

Hi! No, they didn’t require that. They told me they would need me to: a) drink water (no minimum), b) get up and get walking and c) go #2. In the end, c didn’t prevent me from going home. Did they require anything else of you? I’m able to get about 20-25oz down, but that’s really all I can do. I’m so overwhelmed, frankly. I’m on a purée diet for one month, and I feel so lost on what I can eat or what won’t make me feel nauseated. Plus all the vitamins... whew!

Hello! I had my VSG surgery on November 18th with Dr. Lavin in Louisiana! Today is the first day I can start having full liquids, so my Breakfast is going to be a Premier Protein shake. Never thought I would be so happy to have that, LOL! I've been getting at least 32 oz of Water in, on top of my broths and other Clear Liquids, and my dietician suggested trying Isopure drinks to help keep my Protein up. Nice to meet y'all!

7 hours ago, PrettyBrown said:

Hang in there, love!! It gets better!... the first 5 days were hardest for me, but it does get better!! Well, easier. My advice would be to avoid regular food altogether, a sort of ‘out of sight out of mind’ kind of thing. I didn’t think it mattered until I was around regular food (Spanish rice), it’s so much harder to see the food and know you can’t have it. My doctor suggested >80grams of Protein per day. Does your program have this kind of instruction? I felt tired and weak on days that I didn’t get at least 80g.. please reach out if you’d like. Hang in there!!

Hey there! I have 3 kids and a husband who can't cook lol, so I can't avoid food but I have stuck to the liquids only. Yes, I get a min of 90g of Protein with my 3 shakes but I'm not allowed shakes the last 2 days (strictly clear). It's my last day so I can tough this out! Surgery in the morning! All and all, it wasn't too terrible. I feel better today!

Good Luck to all the November sleevers and best wishes on your weight loss journeys.

7 hours ago, MommaJay said:

Hey there! I have 3 kids and a husband who can't cook lol, so I can't avoid food but I have stuck to the liquids only. Yes, I get a min of 90g of Protein with my 3 shakes but I'm not allowed shakes the last 2 days (strictly clear). It's my last day so I can tough this out! Surgery in the morning! All and all, it wasn't too terrible. I feel better today!

I’m so happy for you!! Good luck at surgery!! I’m sure all will be well. How are you feeling??

3 minutes ago, PrettyBrown said:

I’m so happy for you!! Good luck at surgery!! I’m sure all will be well. How are you feeling??

I'm anxious and just ready for tomorrow to get here. I have all my goals laid out and ready to meet them, honestly, being able to wear my wedding rings again is my first goal I want to meet! Lol!

7 minutes ago, PrettyBrown said:

I just noticed you are only a week post op??? How are you doing????

2 minutes ago, MommaJay said:

I'm anxious and just ready for tomorrow to get here. I have all my goals laid out and ready to meet them, honestly, being able to wear my wedding rings again is my first goal I want to meet! Lol!

So happy for you! It’ll happen before you even realize! I lost 22lbs on my liquid diet pre-surgery, and about 8lbs since surgery. Please send a pic when your rings are back on! Surgery is Monday 11/30? Sorry, I thought you meant today.

2 minutes ago, MommaJay said:

I just noticed you are only a week post op??? How are you doing????

I’m struggling. The food, plus Vitamins and supplements, plus Water intake... I had no expectations after surgery, but I didn’t realize it would be like this. I’m too nauseous to really eat anything. I tried a purée of turkey & green Beans, and it didn’t go down all that well. I’ve been low on my Protein as well. Sorry - that all sounds pretty negative, I just feel so overwhelmed. The pain in my tummy has gotten better. It’s just itching now. And the bruises from the IVs are starting to shrink. So that’s good. :) I think the headache I’ve had the last two days is due to my lack of water.

3 minutes ago, PrettyBrown said:

I’m struggling. The food, plus Vitamins and supplements, plus Water intake... I had no expectations after surgery, but I didn’t realize it would be like this. I’m too nauseous to really eat anything. I tried a purée of turkey & green Beans, and it didn’t go down all that well. I’ve been low on my Protein as well. Sorry - that all sounds pretty negative, I just feel so overwhelmed. The pain in my tummy has gotten better. It’s just itching now. And the bruises from the IVs are starting to shrink. So that’s good. :) I think the headache I’ve had the last two days is due to my lack of Water.

I had the Orbera (didn't work for me), so I remember the days of nausea. I don't look forward to that. I knew this entire month would be tough, I just keep reminding myself it will end and "why" I'm doing it. Hang in there, this will pass soon!

On 11/28/2020 at 16:44, MommaJay said:

Omg, this is me today! Surgery tomorrow first thing. I’ve made it through the week of Protein Shakes and clears. I had to do bowel prep last night and I feel terrible today. I can only have clears. I tried to have some chicken broth but then it came back up so I haven’t eaten much. Can’t wait to be through tomorrow! Good luck!!