Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

11 minutes ago, Ready and waiting said:

Thank you for the words of encouragement! Can I ask who your surgeon was?

Dr. Matt Apel. It seems the surgeons switch off for a week at a time so Dr. Apel did all 7 surgeries on Saturday. They also now have Dr. Rogers. I guess Dr. Umbach rarely operates anymore. I think Dr. Sakata went back east where she’s from. I met with Dr. Rogers in my consult and he’s great - very experienced but ultimately, I was happy that Dr. Apel did mine.

My sleeve was done on 11/2 and I started soft Proteins officially today, although I did get the OK to have egg, cottage cheese and yogurt last week. Tonight I ate 2 oz of ground turkey, topped with 1/4 cup of refried Beans and 1 TBSP of shredded cheese. My husband thought it looked like a lot of food, and I suppose it was a little over 1/2c, total. Is that too much? I didn't get any sense of being overly full, but it was certainly more than I thought I would be able to eat. I can drink a full mug of broth without feeling too full. Is this normal? My weight loss has stalled the last 4 or 5 days, but calorie wise, I don't think I'm eating too much. I usually don't even get up to 700 calories. I'm afraid of gaining weight again.

Sent from my SM-T710 using BariatricPal mobile app

So I had my surgery this afternoon. So far I feel good. Water going down easy, so far.

Gas pains this morning. Walking and sipping.

And nasty heartburn!!

2 hours ago, bufbills said:

Gas pains this morning. Walking and sipping.

And nasty heartburn!!

Sorry about the heartburn. I’m 3 days post and I’ve had none of that whereas I did before. They repaired a hernia while I was out so I’m hoping that helped.

Did the doc say you could take something for it?

Edited by Catgirl29

14 minutes ago, Catgirl29 said:

Sorry about the heartburn. I’m 3 days post and I’ve had none of that whereas I did before. They repaired a hernia while I was out so I’m hoping that helped.

Did the doc say you could take something for it?

Yep. They're giving me something for it.

I'm still stunned at how good I feel. I was expecting so much worse

I'm a November!!! Barely....November 30.

It’s my one week sleeve-aversary! How I can go from laying in bed in severe pain, throwing up on myself, miserable, convinced I had made a huge mistake, to happily cleaning the house, easily drinking my Protein and Water, and feeling great is crazy. What a difference a week makes.

I have lost 8 lbs since surgery, and 65.8 lbs overall!

It’s my one week sleeve-aversary! How I can go from laying in bed in severe pain, throwing up on myself, miserable, convinced I had made a huge mistake, to happily cleaning the house, easily drinking my Protein and Water, and feeling great is crazy. What a difference a week makes.

Yay!!! Good for you!

On 11/16/2020 at 5:22 PM, GivinItMyALL said:

OMG you guys... I am sure this has been done before, and I thought about doing it a while ago, but only just tried it today. I am getting my Water and my Protein in at the same time now! I took my water bottle, added a scoop of unflavored Protein, shook it to death, then added some Mio, shook it again, and it is... ACTUALLY TASTY! I am so excited that I will finally be able to meet those goals easily ❤️

Where do you get your unflavored Protein Powder?

3 hours ago, Boymama said:

Where do you get your unflavored Protein Powder?

I use GENEPRO. Yes, I know about the lawsuit. It was what my nnut recommended, and it seems to work great for me, so I am going with it :)

On 11/16/2020 at 7:19 PM, Neller said:

My sleeve was done on 11/2 and I started soft Proteins officially today, although I did get the OK to have egg, cottage cheese and yogurt last week. Tonight I ate 2 oz of ground turkey, topped with 1/4 cup of refried Beans and 1 TBSP of shredded cheese. My husband thought it looked like a lot of food, and I suppose it was a little over 1/2c, total. Is that too much? I didn't get any sense of being overly full, but it was certainly more than I thought I would be able to eat. I can drink a full mug of broth without feeling too full. Is this normal? My weight loss has stalled the last 4 or 5 days, but calorie wise, I don't think I'm eating too much. I usually don't even get up to 700 calories. I'm afraid of gaining weight again.

That seems like a lot, but everyone is different. At this stage, my nut is recommending 1/4c food per meal.

On 11/16/2020 at 8:46 PM, bufbills said:

So I had my surgery this afternoon. So far I feel good. Water going down easy, so far.

Yay! Hopefully the gas and heartburn has eased some for you :)

16 hours ago, MommaJay said:

I'm a November!!! Barely....November 30.

Welcome!!

14 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

I feel pretty great myself, now, considering my really rough start! Congrats on the loss!

11/13 Blossom Sleeve Update

I am officially 5 days post op and feeling better each day. My overall experience at blossom was exceptional.
Day 1 Sleeve - OMG .. the pain right after surgery was horrible. My husband said I got snappy with the nurse at warm springs when I when my driver got there. Poor nurse was explaining everything to my husband and all I could think about was they left the door open and it was so windy and I was having chills.. needless to say I apologized profusely at my IV therapy. Nursing staff got a good laugh out of me.. I was able to relax and rest once I got to the hotel and took the pain meds. My husband crushed them and mixed with a small amount of Water so they could get into my system faster. By the time the aide came that evening I was up walking and feeling like there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Each day is better and better.
Day 2 - IV Therapy - was feeling pretty good. Able to meet about 1/2 of my required fluids/ Protein. My veins are horrible; my IV stopped flowing couldn’t even be flushed. I had to get a 2nd IV just to get my Fluid and tramadol and it flowed so slowly. A 1hr IV therapy appointment turned into 4.5hrs.
Day 3 - headed home. Anyone traveling after surgery I would highly recommend a travel pillow. Every bump in the road feels like your super sore insides are giggling around. My husband’s driving didn’t help.. SMH.. I took more pain meds when I made it home.

Day 4- super sore after traveling laid around most of the day with the exception of walking every hour. I didn’t say this earlier but Walking is an absolutely must. I would be so stiff and achy and as soon as got to walking I felt better. I had a lot of gas buildup but didn’t actually burp a lot; either way walking really eased the gas pain. I walked every hour- 2hrs no matter what time it was. Since everyone at blossom was at the same hotel there was always some in the hallways walking at crazy hours too.

Day 5 - today I felt my best.. full of energy. I have to keep reminding myself not to bend at the waist.. if I forget and bend over that sharp pain is a quick reminder. I rode to the grocery store with my husband today and walked around in there.. it was a little strange not craving anything I passed on a aisle. I felt so good I decided to walk around the neighborhood it was a beautiful day I couldn’t resist.

Day 6AM - I am sooo paying for that walk around the neighborhood. I’m sore all over.. I over did it. I was proud to not have to take so much pain meds but I’m taking some now..

Question - does anyone else have pain when their stomach growls ?

Just had my sleeve yesterday. Feeling very nauseous but I hope it gets better soon. I wish everyone luck with their procedures! I am just trying to push through the next few days the end result will be worth it!

Ok y’all... I’m a week out from surgery, and I’m still barely able to get the minimum 48oz of Water, not even approaching my Protein goal (lucky to get in 30/40g).

Any advice? I start sipping before I even get out of bed in the mornings, alarm goes off every 15 minutes, and it still isn’t working. I still have one more week before I can even start on purées and I’m struggling.