Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

1 hour ago, NikkiRose17 said:

So are you able to do Soups or just broths this first week?

And thank you for this advice! Definitely going to incorporate this into my day. Pain actually got better even after writing my post. A couple large gas bubbles released makes such a huge difference.

Our doctor allows us to do blended Soups that are strained with unflavored Protein Powder. Cream soups can be eaten as well to help increase calories since we are not getting too many calories in right now. Our doctor prefers this type of simple liquid diet for the next 3 weeks while our stomachs start to recover. Yesterday my wife and I struggled to get our Protein Shakes and liquid in but today we have been able to get two down so far and are definitely going to make 64oz of Fluid using the condiment cups and timer.

On 11/14/2020 at 14:27, mswillis5 said:

Our doctor allows us to do blended Soups that are strained with unflavored Protein Powder. Cream Soups can be eaten as well to help increase calories since we are not getting too many calories in right now. Our doctor prefers this type of simple liquid diet for the next 3 weeks while our stomachs start to recover. Yesterday my wife and I struggled to get our Protein Shakes and liquid in but today we have been able to get two down so far and are definitely going to make 64oz of Fluid using the condiment cups and timer.

By blended soups, do you mean like sipping soups (campbells sells a variety of super smooth blend like sipping soups).

On 11/14/2020 at 14:27, mswillis5 said:

Our doctor allows us to do blended Soups that are strained with unflavored Protein Powder. Cream Soups can be eaten as well to help increase calories since we are not getting too many calories in right now. Our doctor prefers this type of simple liquid diet for the next 3 weeks while our stomachs start to recover. Yesterday my wife and I struggled to get our Protein Shakes and liquid in but today we have been able to get two down so far and are definitely going to make 64oz of Fluid using the condiment cups and timer.

I’ve struggled with Protein intake but not too bad. Def hitting my Fluid ounces or very close to it. But starting to feel a lack of calories or substance. I’m not hungry per se. just feeling like I need something more substantive.

2 hours ago, NikkiRose17 said:

By blended Soups, do you mean like sipping soups (campbells sells a variety of super smooth blend like sipping soups).

Not sipping soups although those are very convenient. Basically taking a Soup and blending it and then straining it to make sure there are no particles left. Cream of mushroom, chicken and potato are also listed for my plan.

Oh man, I am craving meat, which is ridiculous because I eat meat so rarely most people I know think I’m a vegetarian. Time for an exciting dinner of Bone Broth.

Good luck to everyone who has upcoming surgeries this week! You are going to rock it. I would have never believed I would feel this good on Saturday after my Tuesday surgery. On Tuesday I was miserable, in pain, and nauseous. Wednesday I was still not feeling well at all. Thursday I was feeling a bit better but still struggling. Friday I started feeling pretty ok, and today I feel great. I’m on track to get in my Protein and liquids and Vitamins, I feel good, and my incisions aren’t bothering me at all. If you have a rough time the first few days, please know it DOES get better, and at least in my experience, fast!

I'm so excited I'll actually be eating dinner WITH MY FAMILY tonight! My son is making french onion Soup. I can have that! Won't be having the yummy bread on top, but still... It'll be nice to finally have the same thing they're having, just like 1/20 the amount 🤣

Officially sleeved yesterday. I feel awesome today. A little bit of achiness from the largest incision and yesterday I had the worst dry mouth. All is well though. For me, it’s been a piece of cake. I feel very fortunate.

37 minutes ago, Catgirl29 said:

Officially sleeved yesterday. I feel awesome today. A little bit of achiness from the largest incision and yesterday I had the worst dry mouth. All is well though. For me, it’s been a piece of cake. I feel very fortunate.

Biotene dry mouth spray is amazing. They gave me a small bottle in the hospital. They also gave me these citrusy swab things, and those I thought were awful... So happy you are feeling so good!

I’m scheduled for surgery with Blossom Bariatrics in Vegas on Wednesday November 25th. I’ve been sooo excited but haven’t felt great the last few days (no COVID symptoms just a basic cold) and am worried that they will cancel my surgery. And with everything in the news about the rise in COVID, I’m getting nervous about traveling. Anyone else a nervous nelly right about now?

1 hour ago, Ready and waiting said:

I’m scheduled for surgery with Blossom Bariatrics in Vegas on Wednesday November 25th. I’ve been sooo excited but haven’t felt great the last few days (no COVID symptoms just a basic cold) and am worried that they will cancel my surgery. And with everything in the news about the rise in COVID, I’m getting nervous about traveling. Anyone else a nervous nelly right about now?

I had my surgery yesterday at Blossom. The whole experience was awesome I must say and I feel really good today. You have 10 days before your surgery. I hope that your cold clears up. They are constantly checking temperatures and making you use hand sanitizer and like. We fly home to Atlanta tomorrow. The biggest threat to travel, I think, are all the maskless people grabbing a bite to eat in the airport.

Edited by Catgirl29

18 minutes ago, PhenomenallyMe said:

November 18th for Me! I am excited for a fresh start but super nervous. The liquid diet started on Friday. It hasn't been too bad, the weekend went by smoothly but today I am hungry and trying to keep pushing through.

If you can do Gatorade zero and any sort of broth, it helps break up the monotony.

Edited by Catgirl29

OMG you guys... I am sure this has been done before, and I thought about doing it a while ago, but only just tried it today. I am getting my Water and my Protein in at the same time now! I took my water bottle, added a scoop of unflavored protein, shook it to death, then added some Mio, shook it again, and it is... ACTUALLY TASTY! I am so excited that I will finally be able to meet those goals easily ❤️

On 11/15/2020 at 3:39 PM, Catgirl29 said:

I had my surgery yesterday at Blossom. The whole experience was awesome I must say and I feel really good today. You have 10 days before your surgery. I hope that your cold clears up. They are constantly checking temperatures and making you use hand sanitizer and like. We fly home to Atlanta tomorrow. The biggest threat to travel, I think, are all the maskless people grabbing a bite to eat in the airport.

Thank you for the words of encouragement! Can I ask who your surgeon was?