Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

22 minutes ago, Light&Love said:

Ran out of the OR room!
Hi everyone! I’m new here. My sleeve date was 11/6/20 however I’m not sleeved. I was/am excited, terrified, anxious, nervous... now I’m stuck. Here’s what happened.. I showed up at 5:30am I was taken back , given an IV in my hand and a shot in my stomach... then the nurse put an extra something something in my IV.. I was told it was Ritalin. Well after 10 mins I began feeling 🥵 hot, suffocated, itchy, and terrified! I began looking around to see if it was only me and as everyone else looked fine I quickly realized it was something they gave me. I called the nurse over to me and politely asked her to remove the IV I was leaving. I was calm on the outside but freaking out on the inside!! I couldn’t tell them what I was feeling I just wanted to 🏃🏽‍♀️ run!! I needed fresh air and fast!! Whatever they gave me magnified my fears 1000% !
But now I’m at a loss 🤦🏽‍♀️ and a little depressed about the entire ordeal. I don’t what to do now. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Are you sure it wasnt Phenergan? and you misheard it? Ritalin before surgery will wake you from anesthesia and is illegal. You would have a malpractice lawsuit. Try again and let the staff know what happened last time.

24 minutes ago, Light&Love said:

Ran out of the OR room!
Hi everyone! I’m new here. My sleeve date was 11/6/20 however I’m not sleeved. I was/am excited, terrified, anxious, nervous... now I’m stuck. Here’s what happened.. I showed up at 5:30am I was taken back , given an IV in my hand and a shot in my stomach... then the nurse put an extra something something in my IV.. I was told it was Ritalin. Well after 10 mins I began feeling 🥵 hot, suffocated, itchy, and terrified! I began looking around to see if it was only me and as everyone else looked fine I quickly realized it was something they gave me. I called the nurse over to me and politely asked her to remove the IV I was leaving. I was calm on the outside but freaking out on the inside!! I couldn’t tell them what I was feeling I just wanted to 🏃🏽‍♀️ run!! I needed fresh air and fast!! Whatever they gave me magnified my fears 1000% !
But now I’m at a loss 🤦🏽‍♀️ and a little depressed about the entire ordeal. I don’t what to do now. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Too bad there isn't a "wow" reaction. Holy crow, that sounds terrible. I dunno why they would give Ritalin, tbh, but I am guessing you're allergic to it. What a terrible time to find that out! Have you been rescheduled?

On 11/09/2020 at 09:50, Light&Love said:

Ran out of the OR room!

Have you talked to your surgeon’s office? Will they let you try again? Do you want to try again? Seems like a ton of buildup and work not to see it to completion. If they can determine what happened so they can use a different anesthesia protocol, it seems like you should be able to do it. They may want you to talk to a psych to see it it was panic/fear if not medical.

43 minutes ago, Light&Love said:

Ran out of the OR room!

That sounds horrible! Sorry that happened. Sounds like maybe a terrible reaction and a panic attack. Just speak to your doctorand let them know what you were feeling. If they have you something that wasn't compatible they should know.

Just finished my Breakfast of some Two Good vanilla yogurt mixed with Protein Powder and a splash of vanilla Premier shake. Mid-morning snack will probably be some Progresso creamy Tomato basil Soup (also with Protein powder). I gotta tell ya... I have never tried that particular soup before, but I had some yesterday, and it was so good I wanted to cry LOL...

Anyone already sleeved feel like they are constantly watching the clock? I am in the no drinking 15 min before or 30 min after stage (it will soon switch to 30 & 30 I think... gotta read my paperwork again), and am having such a hard time getting my Water in all day. I used to be a guzzler and would drink SO much water, but now, it's so hard.

I could start soft foods today, according to my surgeon, but I think I am holding off on that for a bit, because I am scared after all the complications I had.

45 minutes ago, GivinItMyALL said:

Just finished my Breakfast of some Two Good vanilla yogurt mixed with Protein Powder and a splash of vanilla Premier shake. Mid-morning snack will probably be some Progresso creamy Tomato basil Soup (also with Protein powder). I gotta tell ya... I have never tried that particular Soup before, but I had some yesterday, and it was so good I wanted to cry LOL...

Anyone already sleeved feel like they are constantly watching the clock? I am in the no drinking 15 min before or 30 min after stage (it will soon switch to 30 & 30 I think... gotta read my paperwork again), and am having such a hard time getting my Water in all day. I used to be a guzzler and would drink SO much Water, but now, it's so hard.

I could start soft foods today, according to my surgeon, but I think I am holding off on that for a bit, because I am scared after all the complications I had.

Wow! You had surgery on the 2nd, like I did, didn’t you? I’m on the Protein Shakes for another week and I want real food SO BAD!!! I’m going to call the office today and see if I can start early. I’ll look for that soup.

53 minutes ago, Love_thatgirl said:

That sounds horrible! Sorry that happened. Sounds like maybe a terrible reaction and a panic attack. Just speak to your doctorand let them know what you were feeling. If they have you something that wasn't compatible they should know.

Are you sure it was Ritalin and not Reglan? Reglan would make more sense since it is for reflux/stomach acid. It’s important to know so you can list it as a drug allergy.

Morning all! Today marks exactly a week and I feel great. Still on liquids until at least Wednesday but so happy with my decision to get the surgery. Watching the kids eat was tough the first few days, but then I decided to focus on what I was gaining - GOOD HEALTH! Love reading all of your stories and posts - motivates me to keep going.

1 hour ago, Light&Love said:

Ran out of the OR room!

I am so very sorry this happened. Has there been any followup from the hospital?

I know this is a self inflicted problem, but I’m getting tired of all my coworkers being nosy about my vacation time and talking about how I’m going to enjoy it so much and how lucky I am to be taking time off. But it makes me even more glad I didn’t share anything with them because I can’t imagine the gossip and drama they’d be starting if they knew I was getting surgery.

I’m almost all packed, just have to finish up today at work, pick up the kids, check into our air bnb a few hours away, and off we go on our “vacation”.

On 11/09/2020 at 15:59, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

I know this is a self inflicted problem, but I’m getting tired of all my coworkers being nosy about my vacation time and talking about how I’m going to enjoy it so much and how lucky I am to be taking time off. But it makes me even more glad I didn’t share anything with them because I can’t imagine the gossip and drama they’d be starting if they knew I was getting surgery.

I’m almost all packed, just have to finish up today at work, pick up the kids, check into our air bnb a few hours away, and off we go on our “vacation”.

I leave on Wednesday for Vegas. I’ve told my boss and a co-worker. The others think I’m just using up PTO. The two that know asked me today if I was excited. Oh, sure, it’s like going to Disney - lol! I am decidedly not excited for surgery but looking forward to having it done.

Best of luck to you.

6 hours ago, Neller said:

Wow! You had surgery on the 2nd, like I did, didn’t you? I’m on the Protein Shakes for another week and I want real food SO BAD!!! I’m going to call the office today and see if I can start early. I’ll look for that Soup.

Yes, in the late afternoon on the 2nd. My surgeon told me, pre-op, that a lot of his patients start on softs in a few days. 😳 Yeah, with all the complications I had, I am starting when my nutritionist says (7-10 days). My softs may be different than others', though. Reading through the packet from my nut, it seems like applesauce, eggs, smooth Peanut Butter, cream of wheat, and the like.

Yes, in the late afternoon on the 2nd. My surgeon told me, pre-op, that a lot of his patients start on softs in a few days. [emoji15] Yeah, with all the complications I had, I am starting when my nutritionist says (7-10 days). My softs may be different than others', though. Reading through the packet from my nut, it seems like applesauce, eggs, smooth Peanut Butter, cream of wheat, and the like.
I did call my surgeon's office today and got the okay to start soft foods but limited it to greek yogurt, cottage cheese, and poached eggs. Nothing solid. I had 1/4 cup cottage cheese for lunch. It was soooo goood!!!

Sent from my SM-T710 using BariatricPal mobile app

My surgeon just sent the preauth letter to insurance last week and I'm biting my nails! Hoping that they answer her quick! My PTO is use it or lose it by the end of the year and I saved up 3 weeks for this... if they don't get me in before the end of the year I will be so pissed!

When I saw her at the first appt, she said that she'd do the RnY or Sleeve, my choice - but when I had my final appointment before she sent off the letter she was pretty adamant on wanting to do sleeve on me - I'm feeling a little conflicted about that. But at this point I'm just wanting to get it done!

Hi guys. Getting desperat now. No BM since before surgery 8 days ago.
My tummy are starting to hurt also.

Will try some natural remedies today and see if it helps. If not I have to get something stronger from the parmacy. 😥