Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

Thank you to the 1st week of November people that have posted! I appreciated reading your posts. Hopefully you're having a smooth recovery and acclimating to the new change effortlessly. My day is coming tomorrow. Whoohoo! I'm super excited! I'm all packed and am finalizing stuff around the house.

I haven't been exactly the best with my preop diet, so hopefully my doctor won't take one look at the liver and send me back home. 😜

I lost only a few pounds, but I'm happy with that! As long as the scale is moving down not up, it's all good. My surgery is early, so I'll probably get zero sleep tonight. The hospital had me come in earlier in the week to get the paperwork done and they provided me with soap to wash the night before and day of the surgery.

Wow... I can't believe it's happening! I'll do my best to keep y'all posted. Hopefully I can do so asap when everything is fresh in mind.

Good luck Friday, November 6th day sleevers!

9 hours ago, Catgirl29 said:

I just saw this. My surgery is on the 14th. Don’t have to start until a week before. 2 Protein Shakes per day plus lean Protein and veggies for dinner.

Thats my week one plan. Week two is 5 shakes a day.

On 11/05/2020 at 18:07, bufbills said:

Thats my week one plan. Week two is 5 shakes a day.

My “week one plan” is to enjoy a few things (within reason) that I will consciously give up for the foreseeable future. Best of luck in your journey!

I'm freeee! Being sent home tonight with oxygen (I live at a higher elevation than the hospital, and I needed it here, so... Yeah.) Just waiting for hubby to pick me up. I've never needed O2 before, so this is interesting, but if it helps, I'm all for it.

On 11/1/2020 at 2:01 PM, tropico78 said:

Hi, I got released today. Thank god the nausea has pretty much passed. 3 hour drive home and i'm tender but doing well. I am very much looking forward to sleeping ion my bed with my husband tonight. What kind of pain medication did you guys go home with. They gave me 15 hydromorphone tablets. I took one when I got home and now I am resting comfortably. Funny thing is yesterday I didn't have any pain meds. The drive home must have shook my body up a bit.

23 minutes ago, SassyTigris said:

Hi, I got released today. Thank god the nausea has pretty much passed. 3 hour drive home and i'm tender but doing well. I am very much looking forward to sleeping ion my bed with my husband tonight. What kind of pain medication did you guys go home with. They gave me 15 hydromorphone tablets. I took one when I got home and now I am resting comfortably. Funny thing is yesterday I didn't have any pain meds. The drive home must have shook my body up a bit.

I'm at cvs right now getting my Rx for oxycodone. 45 more minutes, I'll be home. I live 4.5 miles off pavement on a washboard-y road, so I'm glad I have a pillow with me! I ordered a wedge pillow for my bed, so I can be partially on an incline. Lying flat kinda hurts.

Is anyone else hungry? I thought that was supposed to be a thing of the past, but I f3el something in my gut that I associate with being hungry. If I ate, I know it wouldn't sit well, plus, at 5 days postop, it's a huge no no.

Sent from my SM-T710 using BariatricPal mobile app

17 minutes ago, Neller said:

Is anyone else hungry? I thought that was supposed to be a thing of the past, but I f3el something in my gut that I associate with being hungry. If I ate, I know it wouldn't sit well, plus, at 5 days postop, it's a huge no no.

I've read that that is probably due to acid. Are you on anything that reduces it?

Yes, I’m taking omeprazol.

On 11/5/2020 at 5:36 PM, GivinItMyALL said:

I'm at cvs right now getting my Rx for oxycodone. 45 more minutes, I'll be home. I live 4.5 miles off pavement on a washboard-y road, so I'm glad I have a pillow with me! I ordered a wedge pillow for my bed, so I can be partially on an incline. Lying flat kinda hurts.

They gave me a bottle of liquid hydrocodone at my pre-op appointment and I only take it at night. I agree that lying flat helps - I have a small pillow that I wedge under my stomach or I just sit up. I'm not allowed to take any tablets - they even told me to crush my BP meds and add to a bit of Protein Drink before I take them. So funny all of the different advice.

I got sleeved on 11/2. And getting liquids down is the hardest thing. Does it ever get easier?

4 hours ago, Neller said:

I'm not hungry but on Wednesday it was hard to see my boys eat and not want it. Yesterday was better (although I was craving all sorts of broths lol - matzo ball Soup, pho, and today I had some from tom yum soup. I had a few types of different flavor Protein Drinks arrive today that I'm looking forward to for the weekend.

2 minutes ago, JE2020 said:

I got sleeved on 11/2. And getting liquids down is the hardest thing. Does it ever get easier?

Surgery twin! I think so - just remember the small sips... I have to keep reminding myself of that and the fact that we may not want the liquid but our body needs to be hydrated and we need the Protein. I am trying to be as strict with myself as I am with my kids when it comes to medicine they don't want lol

Hang in there!

2 minutes ago, VickieRenee said:

Surgery twin! I think so - just remember the small sips... I have to keep reminding myself of that and the fact that we may not want the liquid but our body needs to be hydrated and we need the Protein. I am trying to be as strict with myself as I am with my kids when it comes to medicine they don't want lol

Hang in there!

Hey!!! I keep taking the small sips, somehow there is still pain. So I try to slow down even more. I got one full water bottle and one full Protein Shake down yesterday. Today I’m working on two Water bottles. I’m so scared of becoming dehydrated.

Just now, JE2020 said:

Hey!!! I keep taking the small sips, somehow there is still pain. So I try to slow down even more. I got one full water bottle and one full Protein Shake down yesterday. Today I’m working on two Water bottles. I’m so scared of becoming dehydrated.

Ugh the gas is no joke. I'm about to get my 30 minutes in (even though I have not rested much today, lol) It helps. Also try some peppermint or ginger tea - the nurses recommended that in the preop class. Good luck. This too shall pass.