Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

34 minutes ago, NikkiRose17 said:

Hey fellow November sleevers! Anyone else not be required to start the liquid diet until a week before surgery? Mine starts tomorrow. Surgery is 11/11. I’m seeing a different consensus in this app.

I was put on just a 3 day liquid diet. Today is my first day and it’s miserable.

14 hours ago, VickieRenee said:

Hi all! Had my surgery yesterday and other than being tired, I feel great and am so very excited for my new healthier chapter.
I’ve been walking with no issues and after an X-ray I should be able to have Water and a Protein Shake. Yum! 😜

Thanks for that update. I'm 6 days away. Hope mine goes as smoothly as yours.

4 hours ago, Boymama said:

I was put on just a 3 day liquid diet. Today is my first day and it’s miserable.

My doctors office only required me to go on a liquid diet the day before

For everyone’s pre-op liquid diet - I think some surgeons have different requirements. Mine say “anything that can be sipped through a straw and no lumps or clumps at all”. So they are fine with puréed Soup for instance. I am loving the soup option and have some on the go smooth Soups. Do yo think that’s okay? I am certain my surgeon is fine with it but curious what others are saying.

For everyone’s pre-op liquid diet - I think some surgeons have different requirements. Mine say “anything that can be sipped through a straw and no lumps or clumps at all”. So they are fine with puréed Soup for instance. I am loving the soup option and have some on the go smooth Soups. Do yo think that’s okay? I am certain my surgeon is fine with it but curious what others are saying.

Hi all,

Ive been home for about 24 hours since my surgery. Other than being cold, a little sore and slow - I feel great and am so glad I did it. I had a “low for me” BP reading for the first time in ages. Since that and my type 2 diabetes were the main reasons I wanted the surgery, I’d say it was a success.
Friends have been pitching in and providing dinner for my kiddos and work sent flowers and chocolates - not sure what that is avoiding since they know I had bariatric surgery - 🤷🏽‍♀️ But the kids are happy :)

Hey, all... Had surgery on the 2nd. Still in the hospital and will be here again tonight. Had really, REALLY bad gas pains, and I have an extremely high pain tolerance (I gave birth twice at home with nearly 10lb babies). It was so bad last night they actually gave me a CT scan (it was clear). So...a couple hurdles. Ah well. Also drinking makes me hiccup, no matter how slow I sip. Ugh...

16 minutes ago, VickieRenee said:

Hi all,

Ive been home for about 24 hours since my surgery. Other than being cold, a little sore and slow - I feel great and am so glad I did it. I had a “low for me” BP reading for the first time in ages. Since that and my type 2 diabetes were the main reasons I wanted the surgery, I’d say it was a success.
Friends have been pitching in and providing dinner for my kiddos and work sent flowers and chocolates - not sure what that is avoiding since they know I had bariatric surgery - 🤷🏽‍♀️ But the kids are happy :)

Just now, GivinItMyALL said:

Hey, all... Had surgery on the 2nd. Still in the hospital and will be here again tonight. Had really, REALLY bad gas pains, and I have an extremely high pain tolerance (I gave birth twice at home with nearly 10lb babies). It was so bad last night they actually gave me a CT scan (it was clear). So...a couple hurdles. Ah well. Also drinking makes me hiccup, no matter how slow I sip. Ugh...

Oops I tried to reply and it sent blank. What I meant to say was congratulations!! My surgery is in a week and this helps me stay positive. Hope all stays going well!!

I'm glad you guys are doing well... I'm having a really rough go of it. The nausea is kicking my ass all over the place. On day 1 (the day after surgery) I am supposed to have 30 ml (1oz) every hour. I'm lucky if I get 10ml and even then I end up dry heaving all over the place. The lady I'm sharing the room with said I've gotten her gagging a few times. [emoji17]I'm a terrible neighbour. The nurse says it's ok... It's not abnormal so it should wear off. Fingers crossed for that sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G965W using BariatricPal mobile app

I feel ya... My surgeon wants me to stay until tomorrow. I'm glad I'm in a room by myself...