Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

4 hours ago, 2nucajun said:

Hi everyone! I met with surgeon today and I’m all set for surgery on November 9th! I’m excited. A little nervous too. On my way to a better and healthier life.

Congrats on your surgery date! :D

I know the feeling of nervousness, when I first got my date all kind of emotions was running through my body. Both excitedment and nervous at the same time.

So for prescriptions my doctor orders as standard:
Scopolamine patch for behind the ear
Zofran
Metoclopramide
Liquid hydrocodone
Pepcid ac I take for a few months
Two celebrex tablets to take the morning of surgery.

Anyone else have prescriptions already? I’m curious how different mds order different items.
Wow! I know my surgeon will be doing the scopolamine patch and the zofran for sure, as we talked about my nausea level from prior surgeries. Once I do my pre-op appt Wednesday, I'll let you know if I was prescribed anything in advance (last time I had surgery, they just gave me a shot glass of zofran in the hospital while I was waiting, I didn't get it before I got there, so I wasn't aware that was a thing!)

I live about 40 minutes outside Oslo. Not so far from the airport. [emoji4]
Where in Norway is your husbands fathers line from?
I did not even think about that, that I will be having surgery first because of the time difference. [emoji28]
The Stavanger area :-)

On 10/24/2020 at 1:45 PM, tropico78 said:

Hi guys! It is so fun to see so many people having surgery the same date as me! (2th)

Day three of my 1000 kcal diet, and it has been a little bit of a struggle But hopefully it will get better, and easier when body is adjusted to so little food.

Anyone else in here have an Instagram for their weightloss/WLS journey?

You can follow me on Instagram @weightloss_for_life78

Have a wonderful day everyone! I am on my way to bed. It is almost 11 pm here in Norway. So it is time to get my beauty sleep.

I hope all of you come back and give us a full report of the experience! :)

On 10/23/2020 at 11:10 AM, Neller said:

This pre-op diet is melting the fat like nothing else. I'm down 7 lbs since starting on Tuesday. I guess eating 600-700 calories will do it! It's not helping my obsession with food though. I watch the clock figuring when I can next eat, and both do I look forward to my one small meal in the evening. Tonight it is STEAK! Also having steamed zucchini which I love. How are you all doing with your pre-op liver shrinking diet?

Sent from my SM-T710 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congratulations! Keep up the good work!

Unfortunately, I haven't been stellar. I've probably done 85% of it to the letter. Surgery date is next week, so I better get my act together. The irony is that I read posts about people not following their diet to the letter and I thought, "Oh, that won't be me!" Yeap... it is me. 😬

I'm suppose to have 3 Protein Drinks plus 3-4 oz lean Protein and 2 cups veggie. Each day has been something extra. Day one was a croissant. Day two was two small slices of cauliflower veggie pizza. Day three was a serving or two of eggs and potatoes. Today, day 4....I had a bite of a meatball in marinara sauce. My downfall has always been towards night.

I think today was my best day and I'm feeling optimistic. I'm optimistic now, but may not be in another five minutes. This diet is making me so bipolar! 🤪 I found a Protein Drink that I'm mixing with Crystal light and is making me more satisfied. If I can't follow this diet, it's a huge red flag for me. It makes me question this decision all together, but I HAVE to push through cause I don't want diabetes to progress. I want to put out this small fire now before it turns into a beast.

The pre-op diet is no joke, for sure, but it's getting us ready for the post-op period. Postop you won't be able to eat the croissant, or the two bites of pizza, without risking significant postop complications. What is helping me now is a cup of broth in the morning and afternoon. Today I doctored it up with a little worcestorshire sauce which made it taste better (for some reason things taste bitter to me and the Protein drink leaves a taste in my mouth like the smell of burnt hair - YECH!!). I do look forward to my evening meal and got the okay today to substitute eggs for meat if I want. I'd been craving scrambled eggs for some reason. Another thing that helps is that someone who is further down the line than us told me to develop the mantra: "I can't have that now, but I will be able to have it later." When I want pizza or a taco, I think about that. I hope this helps you, too! Not much longer to wait!

Had my pre-op labs and EKG today. The hospital is super speedy, I will give them that. I got a text when I got out to my car that said the results were available for viewing! I waited until I got home. Everything looked good except my white blood cell count, which was high. It seems to always be high on my labs. I am assuming it is from inflammation from my Fibromyalgia. My regular doctor hasn't seemed concerned by it in the past. My temperature was normal, and I don't think I have any kind of infection... I hope!

They did not give me any Rx beforehand, but said they would call in pain meds to grab on my way home, and because they are a hospital, they are allowed to do that without a paper Rx. So I assume they will just give me the Zofran and Scopolamine patch when I get there Monday. I got a bottle of hibiclense in a cute little bag from the hospital, and instructions on how to use it the night before and day of my surgery.

I asked my doctor if anyone has ever asked for their stomach. LOL... he said yes, actually, but not often... and they can't, but they will take pics if I want. 😂

One thing that totally SUCKS is my surgery is at FOUR PM. I cannot eat OR DRINK anything after 8am. Said if I get thirsty, put Water in my mouth, hold it a bit, and spit it out. When surgery is in the morning, the fast is okay, because you're asleep overnight... during the day, going that long without food or water is going to be 😮

Interestingly, he said that if I feel good enough, I can start on soft foods (scrambled eggs and such) early... some of his patients start as soon as THREE DAYS out. 😲 I dunno if I wanna push it.

Finished day 2 of my pre-op today, and I’ve got the worst headache I’ve had in some time.

On mine I get one RTD Protein Shake as is, mix one RTD with 8oz unsweetened soy milk, one snack (2 pieces deli meat and a string cheese, 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 6oz Greek yogurt, or a Nature Valley Protein Bar), and one meal (3-6 oz lean meat and 1-1 1/2 cup non-starch veggies). Must have 64oz Water a day. Unlimited sugar free Jello, popsicles, herbal tea, and broth.

I have 10 more days of this diet before swapping to straight liquids, but I’ve found adding some dried seasonings to my broth makes it feel a little more filling.

Hang in there everyone!!!

4 hours ago, Neller said:

The pre-op diet is no joke, for sure, but it's getting us ready for the post-op period. Postop you won't be able to eat the croissant, or the two bites of pizza, without risking significant postop complications. What is helping me now is a cup of broth in the morning and afternoon. Today I doctored it up with a little worcestorshire sauce which made it taste better (for some reason things taste bitter to me and the Protein Drink leaves a taste in my mouth like the smell of burnt hair - YECH!!). I do look forward to my evening meal and got the okay today to substitute eggs for meat if I want. I'd been craving scrambled eggs for some reason. Another thing that helps is that someone who is further down the line than us told me to develop the mantra: "I can't have that now, but I will be able to have it later." When I want pizza or a taco, I think about that. I hope this helps you, too! Not much longer to wait!

That's a good mantra. I'm going to start using it as well. I wonder if my new stomach is going to like eggs. I use to eat eggs almost every day. It's so strange to me that we have to discover our stomachs anew.

3 hours ago, Aroddy said:

Finished day 2 of my pre-op today, and I’ve got the worst headache I’ve had in some time.

On mine I get one RTD Protein Shake as is, mix one RTD with 8oz unsweetened soy milk, one snack (2 pieces deli meat and a string cheese, 3/4 cup cottage cheese, 6oz Greek yogurt, or a Nature Valley Protein Bar), and one meal (3-6 oz lean meat and 1-1 1/2 cup non-starch veggies). Must have 64oz Water a day. Unlimited sugar free Jello, popsicles, herbal tea, and broth.

I have 10 more days of this diet before swapping to straight liquids, but I’ve found adding some dried seasonings to my broth makes it feel a little more filling.

How long do you have to do the straight liquids?

Well I am officially done with day two of the liquid diet. It’s actually going pretty well overall. My surgeons diet is 100% liquid, with a strict restriction on any added sugar for the liquids. So far I’ve had premier Proteins, Protein Water, and crystal lite. I really feel like staying on the low carb diet prior to this helped because I swear the second I get ahold of carbs my appetite just goes crazy.

I’m fully committed to doing this pre-op diet to the letter of the (surgeons) law because first off it’s just for another 12 days, and secondly I worked so hard to get to qualify for surgery that I will do anything possible to make sure it goes well. Good luck to everyone!

On 10/29/2020 at 00:09, kalí̱ ygeía said:

That's a good mantra. I'm going to start using it as well. I wonder if my new stomach is going to like eggs. I use to eat eggs almost every day. It's so strange to me that we have to discover our stomachs anew.

10/28/2020 08:20 PM, Aroddy said:

How long do you have to do the straight liquids?

Only two days on straight liquids! Last two days before surgery.

I am getting more and more nervous each day that goes by. Only 4 days left untill surgery.
Anyone else nervous?

I am going in to the hospital tomorrow to talk to the anesthesiologist and nurse, get my last bloodwork taken, weigh-in, EKG and I feel healthy so should pass this last "test". I have also lost the weight required before surgery. I heard someone else did not loose weight and was rejected and the surgery was cancelled. So I am glad the weight is under control.

Lost almost 30 lbs and it feels great! And I an so curious how I will feel and what I will weigh 6 months from now! 2021 is going to be our year! :D

Time is dragging. I'm so ready to get this over with. Tomorrow I get bloodwork, an EKG, and a Covid culture, then on Sunday I start the straight liquid diet, and Monday is the BIG DAY! Good luck to my fellow sleevers on Monday!

Day 7/10 of the pre-op diet, and I'm cranky af. I have no idea why my mood has deteriorated this much, but... I should not be around humans. I hope tomorrow isn't like this, too.