Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

Hi guys! It is so fun to see so many people having surgery the same date as me! (2th)

Day three of my 1000 kcal diet, and it has been a little bit of a struggle But hopefully it will get better, and easier when body is adjusted to so little food.

Anyone else in here have an Instagram for their weightloss/WLS journey?

You can follow me on Instagram @weightloss_for_life78

Have a wonderful day everyone! I am on my way to bed. It is almost 11 pm here in Norway. So it is time to get my beauty sleep.

Day two of my preop diet. I'm not EXACTLY following plan, because I hate vegetables (I'm serious. They make me vomit, except for green Beans. I've even tried going to a hypnotherapist to try to get myself to eat vegetables. Did not work.) My plan involves Protein, fruit, and veggies. I didn't have as much of a problem today as I did yesterday, actually. Maybe because I'm doing heavy on the protein? I had some strawberries as my fruit yesterday, and some green beans as my veggie today, but other than that and Protein Shakes, it's mostly meat and eggs in slightly higher amounts than on my plan, since I'm pretty much not having the amount of veggies. Even so, yesterday I had only 577 calories and today 642. These seem really, really low to me. I asked the nutritionist if there was a calorie range I should be in, and she said no, just basically follow the plan, but replace the veggies with protein if need be. I hope I'm not screwing myself in some way...

On 10/24/2020 at 6:43 PM, GivinItMyALL said:

Day two of my preop diet. I'm not EXACTLY following plan, because I hate vegetables (I'm serious. They make me vomit, except for green Beans. I've even tried going to a hypnotherapist to try to get myself to eat vegetables. Did not work.) My plan involves Protein, fruit, and veggies. I didn't have as much of a problem today as I did yesterday, actually. Maybe because I'm doing heavy on the Protein? I had some strawberries as my fruit yesterday, and some green Beans as my veggie today, but other than that and Protein Shakes, it's mostly meat and eggs in slightly higher amounts than on my plan, since I'm pretty much not having the amount of veggies. Even so, yesterday I had only 577 calories and today 642. These seem really, really low to me. I asked the nutritionist if there was a calorie range I should be in, and she said no, just basically follow the plan, but replace the veggies with protein if need be. I hope I'm not screwing myself in some way...

I'm on day two also! I'm not doing as well as I should. You're allowed fruits? Lucky! I wish I could have fruits.

Today I got in two out of three Protein Shakes and I'm suppose to have 64 oz of liquids. Not good. Tomorrow is a new day and I hope to do better. As much as I was wishing that my surgeon didn't require a preop diet, I'm glad that he did. I think it'll help me in the long run, because it's a good way to prepare for what's to come after surgery.

I’ve been on a very low carb/calorie diet for the last few months to lose weight pre-surgery (yay, 50 lbs down), but I start my full liquid diet on Tuesday. I’m not doing a bunch of food funerals but I did break my low carb for tonight only and had sushi. I’ll go back to the diet tomorrow then transition to the liquid diet Tuesday. I’m going to keep low carb on that because it’s the only thing that keeps hunger at bay.

My doctor already called in my prescriptions for surgery so I have those picked up. It makes it feel real!

Good morning from Norway! Early morning here, and today is 1 week untill surgery. 😃😬😱 (My ticker is wrong, surgery date is November 2th)

Since I got my surgery date last week and had to jump right into the preop diet, I have not really had any food furneral. 😂 All I can think of right now is having pizza one last time. 😂
But I am really seriouse about this preop diet, so I don't want to ruin it.

Did you have food furneral? If so, what did you eat?

9 hours ago, kalí̱ ygeía said:

I'm on day two also! I'm not doing as well as I should. You're allowed fruits? Lucky! I wish I could have fruits.

Today I got in two out of three Protein Shakes and I'm suppose to have 64 oz of liquids. Not good. Tomorrow is a new day and I hope to do better. As much as I was wishing that my surgeon didn't require a preop diet, I'm glad that he did. I think it'll help me in the long run, because it's a good way to prepare for what's to come after surgery.

Yeah, mine is 10 days and has food. Lower carb, low fat, low calorie. I am feeling very low. LOL... Now that I am on day 4, I am not QUITE as hungry, and I am losing weight like nuts. I am guessing it is because my calorie range for the last 3 days has been between 400-700 😳 As for the liquids, really try to get them in... because I think it will be harder after surgery, and I'd think it would be better to start out hydrated. I am rootin' for you!

8 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

My doctor already called in my prescriptions for surgery so I have those picked up. It makes it feel real!

Congrats on the 50 lbs down!! What Rx did you need to get? I haven't been told of any, but I do go in for my pre-op labs Wednesday. Maybe I will find out then.,,

7 hours ago, tropico78 said:

Did you have food furneral? If so, what did you eat?

I am one of the others on the 2nd as well... though with you being in Norway (where in Norway, BTW? My husband's father's line is originally from there) you will go first. Looking forward to seeing how you do. I had sooo much before I started this pre-op diet. Scallops, shrimp, steak, pizza... I bid them all goodbye for a while.

Edited by GivinItMyALL

Please post your surgery date on the Most Recent Date Added, and bump the person there to it's corresponding surgery date order. Copy and paste this entire message on a new post. Please do not quote. We're trying to see if we can get all November sleevers on one post.

Most Recent Surgery Date Added:

Surgery Date: Wednesday, 11/11(mswillis5 & wife)

November Surgery Dates:

Surgery date: Monday 11/2 (Tropico78)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/2 (VickieRenee)

Surgery dare: Monday, 11/2 (Neller)

Surgery date: Monday. 11/2/2020 (caitmarie)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/2 (Giveitmyall)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/2 (2xacharm)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/3 (Meredith25)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/3 (Chelsealauren09)

Surgery date: Thursday, 11/5 (drake)
Surgery date: Thursday, 11/5 (Love_thatgirl)

Surgery date: Friday, 11/6 (Kali ygeia)

Surgery date: Friday, 11/6 (BoyMama)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/9 (Shawnt)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/9 (Shawnt)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/9 (Orid)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/9 (karimi102)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Aroddy)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Normandagle)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Why Me)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Kadi)

Surgery date: Wednesday, 11/11 (Klmcin2020)

Surgery date: Wednesday, 11/11 (NikkiRose17)

Surgery date: Thursday 11/12 (Mgilbert)

Surgery date: Friday, 11/13 (Goulagal)

Surgery date: Saturday 11/14 (RG9)

Surgery date: Wednesday 11/18 (lynnh)

Surgery date: Wednesday 11/18/2020 (Smitty74)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/23 (SpookySweetpea)

Surgery date: Wednesday, 11/25 (Motivated Monday)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/30 (Hellie1028)

@mswillis5 - you wrote "mswillis5 & wife" are you both having surgery on the same day? How exciting!

Hi everyone! I met with surgeon today and I’m all set for surgery on November 9th! I’m excited. A little nervous too. On my way to a better and healthier life.

So for prescriptions my doctor orders as standard:
Scopolamine patch for behind the ear
Zofran
Metoclopramide
Liquid hydrocodone
Pepcid ac I take for a few months
Two celebrex tablets to take the morning of surgery.

Anyone else have prescriptions already? I’m curious how different mds order different items.

17 hours ago, GivinItMyALL said:

I am one of the others on the 2nd as well... though with you being in Norway (where in Norway, BTW? My husband's father's line is originally from there) you will go first. Looking forward to seeing how you do. I had sooo much before I started this pre-op diet. Scallops, shrimp, steak, pizza... I bid them all goodbye for a while.

I live about 40 minutes outside Oslo. Not so far from the airport. :)

Where in Norway is your husbands fathers line from?

I did not even think about that, that I will be having surgery first because of the time difference. 😅

Edited by tropico78