Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 2020 sleevers

Surgery date: Monday 11/2 (Tropico78)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/2 (VickieRenee)

Surgery dare: Monday, 11/2 (Neller)

Surgery date: Monday. 11/2/2020 (caitmarie)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/2 (Giveitmyall)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/2 (2xacharm)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/3 (Meredith25)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/3 (Chelsealauren09)

Surgery date: Thursday, 11/5 (drake)
Surgery date: Thursday, 11/5 (Love_thatgirl)

Surgery date: Friday, 11/6 (Kali ygeia)

Surgery date: Friday, 11/6 (BoyMama)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/9 (Shawnt)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/9 (Orid)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/9 (karimi102)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Normandagle)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Why Me)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Kadi)

Surgery date: Wednesday, 11/11 (Klmcin2020)

Surgery date: Wednesday, 11/11 (NikkiRose17)

Surgery date: Thursday 11/12 (Mgilbert)

Surgery date: Friday, 11/13 (Goulagal)

Surgery date: Saturday 11/14 (RG9)

Surgery date: Wednesday 11/18 (lynnh)

Surgery date: Wednesday 11/18/2020 (Smitty74)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/23 (SpookySweetpea)

Surgery date: Wednesday, 11/25 (Motivated Monday)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/30 (Hellie1028)

7 hours ago, tropico78 said:

Are you sharing with everyone around you that you are having a surgery? Or are you keeping it a little private like me?

I've told my hubby and kiddos, and some friends (mostly ones that have also had WLS!) I'm not making it public knowledge just because I don't feel like sharing that much. I'm also not telling my mother for a few reasons I won't go into on here.

23 minutes ago, VickieRenee said:

This reply thing is finicky. Ugh. It deleted everything had typed.

I foresaw the putting it in order suggestion coming as I had thought to do it, but didn't have the time at that moment. Thank you VickieRenee for taking care of that. I'm going to make one more change to it, so hopefully we can keep track of who was the most recent person who entered their date. I'll re-post it in a a few minutes, so it's not part of this message.

Please post your surgery date on the Most Recent Date Added, and bump the person there to it's corresponding surgery date order. Copy and paste this entire message on a new post. Please do not quote. We're trying to see if we can get all November sleevers on one post.

Most Recent Surgery Date Added:

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Aroddy)

November Surgery Dates:

Surgery date: Monday 11/2 (Tropico78)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/2 (VickieRenee)

Surgery dare: Monday, 11/2 (Neller)

Surgery date: Monday. 11/2/2020 (caitmarie)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/2 (Giveitmyall)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/2 (2xacharm)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/3 (Meredith25)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/3 (Chelsealauren09)

Surgery date: Thursday, 11/5 (drake)
Surgery date: Thursday, 11/5 (Love_thatgirl)

Surgery date: Friday, 11/6 (Kali ygeia)

Surgery date: Friday, 11/6 (BoyMama)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/9 (Orid)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/9 (karimi102)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Normandagle)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Why Me)

Surgery date: Tuesday, 11/10 (Kadi)

Surgery date: Wednesday, 11/11 (Klmcin2020)

Surgery date: Wednesday, 11/11 (NikkiRose17)

Surgery date: Thursday 11/12 (Mgilbert)

Surgery date: Friday, 11/13 (Goulagal)

Surgery date: Saturday 11/14 (RG9)

Surgery date: Wednesday 11/18 (lynnh)

Surgery date: Wednesday 11/18/2020 (Smitty74)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/23 (SpookySweetpea)

Surgery date: Wednesday, 11/25 (Motivated Monday)

Surgery date: Monday, 11/30 (Hellie1028)

I hope what I wrote on our surgery list made sense! LOL Anyone is welcome to fix it if you find a way to explain it in a less confusing way.

I decided to tell only a handful of people about my surgery. If I told everyone, some will be very supportive and a few will give me a million reasons why I shouldn't. At the moment the only people I've told are, hubby, 2 siblings, and about 3 friends. For now am keeping kids in the dark about it.

I'm expecting plenty of upset people when they find out that I didn't say anything to them, but I just don't want to open myself to opinions and possible injections of doubts. Once I've done it and gotten over recovery, then I'll be more open.

This pre-op diet is melting the fat like nothing else. I'm down 7 lbs since starting on Tuesday. I guess eating 600-700 calories will do it! It's not helping my obsession with food though. I watch the clock figuring when I can next eat, and both do I look forward to my one small meal in the evening. Tonight it is STEAK! Also having steamed zucchini which I love. How are you all doing with your pre-op liver shrinking diet?

Sent from my SM-T710 using BariatricPal mobile app

13 minutes ago, Neller said:

This pre-op diet is melting the fat like nothing else. I'm down 7 lbs since starting on Tuesday. I guess eating 600-700 calories will do it! It's not helping my obsession with food though. I watch the clock figuring when I can next eat, and both do I look forward to my one small meal in the evening. Tonight it is STEAK! Also having steamed zucchini which I love. How are you all doing with your pre-op liver shrinking diet?

Good for you!! Keep it up

Terrible over here. Well, I shouldn't say terrible but definitely not easy or anything close to that. It's Friday and after a long stressful week I like to have a little glass of wine or premium margarita. This is my first Friday not having that as an option so.....This Is The New Normal. It's bad enough i can't have a solid meal but i have a goal. This is only my second day so I haven't even stepped on the scale but I doubt any changes there as I still workout and lift heavy until I run out of energy. Trying to keep as much muscle mass as possible. That's important to me.

2 hours ago, Neller said:

I start my preop diet tomorrow. I hope that I lose some weight in the process too! I haven't laid out or measured my eating choices, so I better get to that today. I want to avoid entering a grocery store during the diet, because of course cravings that I didn't even know existed will come out in full swing.

I wonder if there's a better outcome pertaining to the emotional aspect of the surgery for sleevers who had to do the preop diet vs the ones that didn't. During the 2 week diet phase, the emotional attachment to food can be worked out instead of doing it all at once after the surgery.

4 hours ago, Neller said:

I am on day 1, and I am soooo hungry! I am also constantly checking the clock. I am also trying to start the no Water before or after meals for a while thing, so I can get used to that before surgery. The one thing I am concerned about is getting enough water in with little sips after surgery. I should start trying to get used to that, too, because I am currently a gulper. I love water, but I chug it all day instead of taking little sips.

I am starting to get a headache now, and my tummy is growling something fierce!

Hello everyone! My date is 11/2! I am very excited! I really appreciate this forum because I have read so many inspirational stories that have given me hope, courage and resolve!

I look forward to sharing my journey!

2 hours ago, Wichita Gal said:

Hello everyone! My date is 11/2! I am very excited! I really appreciate this forum because I have read so many inspirational stories that have given me hope, courage and resolve!

I look forward to sharing my journey!

Another for the 2nd! I'm so excited so many of us will be sharing that date! Of course I'm excited to see ALL of our progress, too. 🥰

I am on day 1, and I am soooo hungry! I am also constantly checking the clock. I am also trying to start the no Water before or after meals for a while thing, so I can get used to that before surgery. The one thing I am concerned about is getting enough water in with little sips after surgery. I should start trying to get used to that, too, because I am currently a gulper. I love water, but I chug it all day instead of taking little sips.

I am starting to get a headache now, and my tummy is growling something fierce!
I'm a water gulper too, and it is my biggest concern. Because of some of my medications and use of a CPAP, I wake up so thirsty, and I doubt little sips will do the trick. Also, I live in Arizona and although it is getting a little cooler now, I get really thirsty when I go for a walk. Oh well, we'll make it work somehow!

32 minutes ago, Neller said:

I'm a Water gulper too, and it is my biggest concern. Because of some of my medications and use of a CPAP, I wake up so thirsty, and I doubt little sips will do the trick. Also, I live in Arizona and although it is getting a little cooler now, I get really thirsty when I go for a walk. Oh well, we'll make it work somehow!

I feel ya! I am in Colorado, and while we're not AS dry as you guys, we're still dry. Hopefully us gulpers will learn to be super sippers 😁

My wife and I are going to be having surgery together on the same date. We have insurance approval but don't have our final date yet. I'm pretty sure we will have the date by the end of next week and I will update my post after that. Our preliminary date we sent to insurance was November 16th.