Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Macros 2 months out

What are/were your macros 2 months out? 3?

I'm reading many conflicting/differentiating diets, especially in terms of fat. (Does it help? Does it harm? I have no idea anymore.)

Thanks all,.

surgeons' plans are all over the place. The only thing they seem to have in common is to prioritize Protein and fluids. Some plans are low-carb or ultra-low-carb (mine was not - they didn't mention carbs at all). I've never counted fats. Early on, it was such a challenge to get all my protein grams in that I really didn't need to worry much about fats - or carbs, really. I had to eat mostly protein to get those grams in. Once I was several months out and started counting calories, as long as something fit into my daily calorie range (and was nutritionally dense), it was fine. There are some programs that limit fats, but I don't hear about many that do. Low carb seems to be the thing now (well, when it IS a "thing" - some programs don't really limit carbs, either)

4 hours ago, MsMocie said:

You need 40-50 grams a day of fat to have all your hormones working properly, and to secure an adequate absorbation of Vitamins,

I understand the logic with this but 40-50 grams of fat seems like A LOT. This is more than My Fitness Pal has as a daily goal for me, with a 1200 calorie diet and without bypass. I only eat between 400-500 cals a day, so 360 of those being fat seems excessive?

I'm coming up on 3 months out, but my diet plan hasn't really changed a whole lot in the past 4 weeks, aside from adding in one more meal a week and then removing it this week since I experience a dramatic slow down in weight loss. So back to 3 prepared meals a week for me. Here's my macros and meals for today (minus the additional 16-20 ounces of Water I'll put in me before the day is done) :

photo_2020-09-24_16-32-26.thumb.jpg.8de5e8e1597e288c06baedff00c96f54.jpg

photo_2020-09-24_16-32-32.thumb.jpg.ec2ffde0a3c8b6e55ca1e0a7ef1aaf50.jpg

photo_2020-09-24_16-32-36.thumb.jpg.ee56630c841047f1f81e5c38cf8670ac.jpg

So obviously this is not one of my prepared meal days. That was yesterday and this is what that looked like:

photo_2020-09-24_16-39-31.thumb.jpg.d6473d59027bfe5281faa5a7e2681afd.jpg

photo_2020-09-24_16-39-37.thumb.jpg.2b167057d6a4f32178dc8a242d82845f.jpg

photo_2020-09-24_16-39-42.thumb.jpg.3da4dede90aaf15bc8b991f1860d07b6.jpg

I'm trying to wean myself away from how much Crystal Light I've been drinking since it DOES have calories. So I'm trying for more plain ol' water. And I definitely didn't need the second cup of Jello, but I splurged.

Edited by Pandemonium
Picture formatting was all wonky.

I think I'd weigh 300 lbs again if it weren't for Crystal Light and sugar free Jello! I know they have calories, but not many. They're a better choice than some of the other things we have around here....

5 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

I think I'd weigh 300 lbs again if it weren't for Crystal Light and sugar free Jello! I know they have calories, but not many. They're a better choice than some of the other things we have around here....

Oh, so so true! But prior to surgery, I was actually drinking Water, though I use Cirkul no-calorie flavoring. I gave that up because the Cirkul system requires drinking from their specific bottle and since I had to limit my Fluid intake to very small amounts for the first few weeks, Crystal Light was way easier to do. I still love and will definitely be drinking it, but instead of 60-70 ounces, I'm going to try to cut back to 30-40 ounces. And they'll have to pry my Jello cups from my cold dead hands before I give them up. :)

5 hours ago, Pandemonium said:

I'm coming up on 3 months out, but my diet plan hasn't really changed a whole lot in the past 4 weeks, aside from adding in one more meal a week and then removing it this week since I experience a dramatic slow down in weight loss. So back to 3 prepared meals a week for me. Here's my macros and meals for today (minus the additional 16-20 ounces of Water I'll put in me before the day is done) :

photo_2020-09-24_16-32-26.thumb.jpg.8de5e8e1597e288c06baedff00c96f54.jpg

photo_2020-09-24_16-32-32.thumb.jpg.ec2ffde0a3c8b6e55ca1e0a7ef1aaf50.jpg

photo_2020-09-24_16-32-36.thumb.jpg.ee56630c841047f1f81e5c38cf8670ac.jpg

So obviously this is not one of my prepared meal days. That was yesterday and this is what that looked like:

photo_2020-09-24_16-39-31.thumb.jpg.d6473d59027bfe5281faa5a7e2681afd.jpg

photo_2020-09-24_16-39-37.thumb.jpg.2b167057d6a4f32178dc8a242d82845f.jpg

photo_2020-09-24_16-39-42.thumb.jpg.3da4dede90aaf15bc8b991f1860d07b6.jpg

I'm trying to wean myself away from how much Crystal Light I've been drinking since it DOES have calories. So I'm trying for more plain ol' Water. And I definitely didn't need the second cup of Jello, but I splurged.

I stopped paying attention after "lemon almond cheesecake Protein bar".