Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post op pain

Hi! I had a lapband to bypass revision yesterday and I am home today. I feel pretty good, but the pain when it hits is terrible. Can anyone tell me how long their post op pain lasted?

I had my surgery on 9/14 and the throbbing lasted for about 3 days and I still feel pain when I sit or get up too fast on the right side of my stomach.

Thank you. Best of luck n your journey.

18 hours ago, Kryssyo said:

Hi! I had a lapband to bypass revision yesterday and I am home today. I feel pretty good, but the pain when it hits is terrible. Can anyone tell me how long their post op pain lasted?

By 3 weeks seemed to improve alot

Hi
Welcome to the family. I also had the lapband the gastric bypass. It will last 3 to 4 weeks before you feel better.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you ladies! I am nearly three weeks out and I feel fantastic!!

Congratulations! Did you have your band removed and the bypass in one surgery? My surgeon wouldn’t do both at the same time. I had my band removed in January and am scheduled to have bypass surgery on November 5th. Once the band was removed, my insurance required a 6 month weight mgmt program.

On 10/15/2020 at 4:50 PM, PollyAnna3483 said:

Congratulations! Did you have your band removed and the bypass in one surgery? My surgeon wouldn’t do both at the same time. I had my band removed in January and am scheduled to have bypass surgery on November 5th. Once the band was removed, my insurance required a 6 month weight mgmt program.

Yes, I had to have my Lapland removed because it caused dysphagia, GERD, and a hiatal herbal. I suffered for 5 years. He was able to remove the band and do the bypass at the same time.

So glad your recovery is going well! Best of luck with your weight loss!

On 10/15/2020 at 1:50 PM, PollyAnna3483 said:

Same for me and then covid hit. I’m up tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, futureshrink said:

Same for me and then covid hit. I’m up tomorrow.

Good luck tomorrow! Had mine on Thursday and am home and on my way to recovery! You will be too before you know it!

3 minutes ago, PollyAnna3483 said:

Good luck tomorrow! Had mine on Thursday and am home and on my way to recovery! You will be too before you know it!

Fingers crossed. I’m stating to get anxious