Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tomorrows my big day!!

And I'm officially freaking out lol. The nervousness has officially hit, but I'm so excited. I'm not bringing much to the hospital, comfy cloths, slippers & robe, small blanket, phone and charger. Am I going to need anything else? Any advise on hospital and home recovery?

alot of advise on the boards here. you will need some strength courage and healing vibes. i hope it goes well and look forward to your update

Best of luck! I’m still a few months away from my surgery, so I don’t know if there’s anything else you should pack. If it’s anything like my c-section recoveries you’re going to love that robe. Haha. I liked not having to wait for a nurse to tie up my gown, I could just throw on the robe and walk my laps.

1 hour ago, Lizzz78 said:

I'm not bringing much to the hospital, comfy cloths, slippers & robe, small blanket, phone and charger. Am I going to need anything else?

I just had mine this Monday- I'm glad I had a pair of shorts to put on so I didn't flash the nurses every time they needed to check on me. Also, if your hospital room is like mine, the plug is too far away from the phone for your cord to reach, so you might want to bring a battery pack. I brought my laptop but didn't really use it at all. I also had my CPAP, but they kept me on O2 and I never used it. If you use a CPAP, you might want to ask them about that. For the next day, it was good that I had my running shoes, which helped me do laps faster and more steady on my feet.

1 hour ago, brebrexoxo said:

How do I ask questions on here ??

Just like that.

Well, use different words, in a different order, but it seems you have the basic principles in hand.

Tek

you may not even need that much. They'll have you in a hospital gown and those non-slip socks. I just brought my phone and charger. I wore baggy clothes to the hospital and then wore them home, too...

i have long hair, so i brought a hair tie. Also, toothbrush and paste. if you wear contacts, i would suggest leaving them home and bring glasses instead.

Good luck and Happy Re birthday.... Let the adventure begin

Aquaphor or lip balm. I've made my husband, mom, and BFF swear they will put it on me if I'm ever in a coma. I can't live without it! [emoji23] Otherwise, i didn't need much. I brought a bunch of stuff but I had a lot of nausea and some vomiting the first couple days and slept a lot.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app