Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been 4 years post op with my gastric bypass underwent in 2016. Since this global pandemic I have gained weight due to the ability of working from home, stress, fear and the lack of exercise. I am slowly trying to fight against the challenges now the past 2 weeks such as discipline myself again to healthy eating, Protein Shakes, Water intake and going to the gym 3 x a week. What exercise recommendations can you shed on me which will allow me to burn fat most, lose weight and allow me to meet my goal. I am so close I can taste it.

Best missy

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Just return to your plan. It's not quick, it's not flashy, but it will get you where you want to go.

We got to our pre-op weights by doing crash diets, 'special' workouts, and every other dietary flash in the pan that came and went. You had surgery so you wouldn't have to live life this way.

Slow and steady wins this race.

Good luck,

Tek

Any cardio workout is going to burn calories, so there's not really anything better than any other. Intensity is the key because the higher your heart rate, the more calories you're burning. At the end of the day, that will only be one part of the solution. Your caloric intake also needs to be adjusted.

Have you switched off of your maintenance diet back to something close to your diet when you were in weight-loss mode post-op? If not, that is the biggest step to take. There will be a much bigger effect if you're able to exercise and burn 350-500 calories a day and you're only taking in 900 calories versus getting the same amount of exercise while taking in 1400-1600 calories a day.

9 hours ago, MISTY_CEE035 said:

I have been 4 years post op with my gastric bypass underwent in 2016. Since this global pandemic I have gained weight due to the ability of working from home, stress, fear and the lack of exercise. I am slowly trying to fight against the challenges now the past 2 weeks such as discipline myself again to healthy eating, Protein Shakes, Water intake and going to the gym 3 x a week. What exercise recommendations can you shed on me which will allow me to burn fat most, lose weight and allow me to meet my goal. I am so close I can taste it.

Best missy

Try to include some form of meditation as well. Stress can cause physiological changes that can cause weight gain just like a caloric surplus.

14 hours ago, MISTY_CEE035 said:

Best missy

hi im fresh off the surgery boat but was told you need to get in sixty minutes a day of exercise according to research to maintain your loss have you been doing that?

Hi- when I’ve been stalled I’ve done 5 day reset. That’s always jumped started scale again & kept it off. This is the one I used as has just 2 days of liquids. Maybe this will help you.

C1BA466C-C324-47D6-A8D1-A8A0EEB10A41.jpeg

Best missy

Thanks for the Info I'm having my surgery November 2nd

Sent from my M470BSA using BariatricPal mobile app