Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Problems with fluid intake

I'm 2 months post-op, and I've been doing pretty well with Fluid intake, getting about 60 ounces per day (mostly Water, sometimes Protein Drinks as well). But for the last few days, I've had a lot of trouble choking down water. I've struggled to get 40 ounces. Just taking a sip makes me feel queasy, even when I should be thirsty, like after a workout. It tastes bad to me, whether it's plain or flavored, ice cold, room temperature, or hot tea -- my stomach doesn't want it. Eating is fine; I can eat 1/2 cup without problems and it tastes as I expect.

Has anyone else experienced this? Should I be concerned?

Have you tried tricking your brain with some broth to see if that helps? I had this problem with my VSG and found I could only keep down coffee and grape Powerade zero until I was put on another acid reducer then could do tea and crystal lights again.

Hopefully it goes away soon!

40 minutes ago, BigSue said:

I'm 2 months post-op, and I've been doing pretty well with Fluid intake, getting about 60 ounces per day (mostly Water, sometimes Protein Drinks as well). But for the last few days, I've had a lot of trouble choking down Water. I've struggled to get 40 ounces. Just taking a sip makes me feel queasy, even when I should be thirsty, like after a workout. It tastes bad to me, whether it's plain or flavored, ice cold, room temperature, or hot tea -- my stomach doesn't want it. Eating is fine; I can eat 1/2 cup without problems and it tastes as I expect.

I also get this and i tried doing some zofran (antinausea med) before hand yesterday that helped. Its notfeasable to pill up everyday for water needs though. I think its just pouch size and taking too big of drink

11 hours ago, Starwarsandcupcakes said:

Have you tried tricking your brain with some broth to see if that helps? I had this problem with my VSG and found I could only keep down coffee and grape Powerade zero until I was put on another acid reducer then could do tea and crystal lights again.

Hopefully it goes away soon!

Haven't tried broth, but that's a good idea... I only managed 25 ounces of Water today, so I have to figure out something.

12 hours ago, BigSue said:

I'm 2 months post-op, and I've been doing pretty well with Fluid intake, getting about 60 ounces per day (mostly Water, sometimes Protein Drinks as well). But for the last few days, I've had a lot of trouble choking down Water. I've struggled to get 40 ounces. Just taking a sip makes me feel queasy, even when I should be thirsty, like after a workout. It tastes bad to me, whether it's plain or flavored, ice cold, room temperature, or hot tea -- my stomach doesn't want it. Eating is fine; I can eat 1/2 cup without problems and it tastes as I expect.

57139105_Screenshot_20200921-2020052.png.4ffbaf8cf115e14e2a427efc9baa08e2.png

It happens but hopefully it's temporary ♥️

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

57139105_Screenshot_20200921-2020052.png.4ffbaf8cf115e14e2a427efc9baa08e2.png

It happens but hopefully it's temporary ♥️

Exactly my pouch is boss and it means take a very little and very slowly lol 🥴 got what i paid for - for sure lol